URS has released a native Windows version of the URS Saturation Plug-in, a plug-in which digitally recreates four different and distinct pre amplifiers.
Saturation plug-in features four Vintage Pre Amplifier Algorithms:
- Class A Tube Mic Pre Amplifier – Vintage Motorcity
This algorithm digitally recreates the characteristics of a American tube mic pre amplifier that was popular in recording studios during the 1960′s Motown era. Setting the drive control higher will add desired harmonics and tube soft clipping for a much more pronounced effect.
- Class A Tube Mic Pre Amplifier – German
This algorithm digitally recreates a German tube mic pre amplifier that was popular in European recording studios during early 1960′s Beatles era. This type of tube pre amplifier is coveted for it’s unique distortion, presence and authority in the treble ranges.
- Class A Discrete Pre Amplifier – British
This algorithm digitally recreates the sought after classic British console all discrete mic pre saturation. This vintage amplifier was also used for the console’s summing buss amplifiers. The added harmonics create the edge that is desired in both Rock and R&B music.
- Class A Discrete JFet Pre Amplifier – Modern
This algorithm digitally recreates a modern JFet mic pre amplifier that comes the closest of any discrete device to tube saturation. Although similar to a tube it has its own unique harmonic structure and sound.
URS Saturation Plug-in is currently available for a special introduction price of $199.99 USD (normal price $249.99 USD).
Visit URS for more information and a link to download a demo version of Saturation Plug-in (iLok required).
Antress has released TRS T10 series EQ, a freeware equalizer VST effect plugin made with SynthMaker.
- 10-band EQ: 31Hz, 63Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1Khz, 2K, 4K, 8K, 16K
- Numeric Display displays Cut and Boost to .1dB
- Filter Boost/Cut: +/- 12dB
- Filter Slope: 12dB per Octave
- Phase reverse switch
- In / Out Bypass switch
- Input and Output Line Trim -12dB to +12dB
- stolen the GUI
- sounds nothing like it
- sounds better than original
The GUI resembles the URS A10 series EQ, but it sounds nothing like it according to Antress. Many of Antress’ plugins resemble hardware (at least GUI-wise) and he has received quite a bit a critique on this matter, but it’s obvious Antress has a good sense of humor and we should not take these things too seriously.
The TRS T10 series EQ is not included in the Modern Series plugin package (sound engine is based on Modern Painter), so you can download it here.
Note: Since Antress’ website seems to be down (or rather redirect to the SSL website…) you can download the plug-ins from gersic.com.
URS has updated the VST WinXP versions of the URS Everything EQ Bundle 4.01.
- 64 bit audio processing for VST WinXP in SONAR
- Fixed input meter latency compensation / out-of-syncness with output meter
- Fixed VST process-accumulating bug in S and MIX
- All eight Everthing Bundle EQ’s are now version 1.4
Check the URS website for more information and downloads.