Digidesign has announced the Mbox 2 Micro, an ultra-small USB Pro Tools LE solution which enables playback, editing, sequencing, and mixing on the go.
Digidesign Mbox 2 Micro
About the size of a typical USB flash drive, Mbox 2 Micro offers high-quality sound, a 1/8-inch stereo output for headphone or speaker monitoring (no audio inputs), and a convenient volume wheel for quick adjustments. While it doesn’t offer any audio inputs, Mbox 2 Micro does come with award-winning Pro Tools LE software, Bomb Factory® and DigiRack™ plug-ins, and Digidesign’s Xpand!™ sample-playback/synthesis workstation, enabling you to work with Pro Tools sessions and compose wherever inspiration takes you.
Digidesign Mbox 2 Micro will be available within the first two weeks of November, and it will cost $ 279.00 USD.
Visit Digidesign for more information and demo videos.
Arturia has announced the Analog Factory Experience, a dedicated controller-keyboard for use with the Analog Factory 2.0 software.
Analog Factory Experience features
- Hybrid Synthesizer
- New Analog Factory 2.0 in the box
- 32-key CME Universal MIDI keyboard
- Plug and play instant recognition between hardware and software
- Analog Factory 2.0 Software
- 3,500 synthesizer sounds
- Presets selected from Arturia Classic Synthes (Minimoog V, Prophet V, ARP 2600V, etc)
- Smart preset manager allows for fast filtering
- Straightforward editing
- Full compatibility with all major hosts on Mac OS X and Windows XP or Vista
- Analog Factory Keyboard
- Developed by CME and based on their U-key technology
- Ultra-thin aluminum and wooden case
- Semi-weighted keys with velocity response
- Every parameter in software can be controlled by the keyboard
- Works as a universal MIDI keyboard
The Analog Factory Experience will cost $349 USD/ 299 EUR, and should be available in November.
Visit Arturia for more information.
Synesthesia has announced Mandala 2.0, a new version of the popular high-def drum and synthtesizer, co-developed with professional drummer Danny Carey of the progressive rock band Tool.
The Mandala 2.0 is the only electronic drum that truly emulates an acoustic drum. It offers drummers and musical explorers the only drum pad that knows exactly where it’s hit and how hard, across seven assignable zones—with an immediate trigger delivering the fastest-traveling sound possible.
A new kind of synthesizer, the Mandala 2.0 packages a musical range so wide it simultaneously offers players the top of the line, most accurate model of a physical drum (via 3,000 professionally created, proprietary samples of the Black Beauty Snare Drum)—along with a library of sounds derived from more than 100 other instruments.
In all, the Mandala 2.0 features four gigabytes of sound samples. It’s a synthesizer with drumsticks, with a drum pad so sensitive it responds even to a fingertip touch.
- The accompanying software lets players synthesize a host of new sounds and expand their drum kits and sample libraries at will. The software automatically accommodates up to five separate drum pads. It’s also designed to inspire and facilitate composition – along with the included instruments, players can add their own samples to the library, and use the effects to mold and create their own sounds.
- The Mandala 2.0 works seamlessly with most major music software, including Apple GarageBand, Ableton Live, and Native Instruments Battery and Reaktor.
- Mandala’s easy-to-use software comes with more than 100 presets for out-of-the-box functionality. Players also can create their own configurations as they explore and discover its astonishing audio range.
- One pad can accommodate from one to seven different zones of sound – each of which can be configured as a separate instrument, with an array of specialized settings. Players can have a snare, a bass and a cymbal (or a harp, marimba or organ, or any other instrument) – all in the same drum head, all at the same time. One Mandala can act as one drum, as an entire drum kit, or as an eclectic combo.
The Mandala 2.0 retails for $349, and is available November 1 online at the Mandala website and Musician’s Friend. Each Mandala is hand-crafted and thoroughly tested before it is shipped. (expect a two-week delivery).
Visit Mandaladrum for more information.
Suck UK has announced a new product, the Mix Tape USB Drive.
Suck UK Mix Tape USB
From the product page:
Remember back in the days before digital music players and MP3s? If you do, then you probably made compilations of all your favourite music, to share with your friends and loved ones, on good old fashioned blank cassette tapes. If you miss making mix tapes this product will inspire you again! Home taping never killed music!
The Mix Tape USB is due end of September. No idea what it will cost yet.
Link via Gizmodo
Brando has a cool Chromatic USB Hub for sale. It looks like a Jacob’s Ladder toy.
Chromatic USB Hub (square)
From the product page:
Chromatic USB Hub (Square) allows you to connect 4 different USB devices at the same time. And this colourful hub can help to decorate your desk.
Another hub model has circles instead of squares, but it doesn’t seem to be flexible like the square one.
Check the Brando site for more information and images.
OOOMS is selling wooden USB memory sticks. From the product page: The sticks are picked from the woods and are manually selected on their natural beauty, professionally handmade into unique and personal USB memory sticks. … read more
The monome 40h is a reconfigurable grid of sixty-four backlit buttons. It is open source and you can write your own applications for it. The 40h uses usb and talks serial, midi, and open sound … read more
Brando’s Solar Charger is a great way to power your USB devices. Brando 2-USB-Ports Multi-Solar Charger From the product page: It can recharge most known mobile phone types and USB interfacing digital products. This solar … read more
James Carey, games editor for the UK PC Format magazine, converted a toy guitar into a USB guitar controller. The controller can be used to play Frets on Fire, a game of musical skill where … read more
Line 6 has announced the release of TonePort, a line of USB recording and modeling interfaces, bringing Line 6 guitar, bass, and vocal tone to the world of desktop recording. TonePort UX1 and UX2 hardware … read more