3R Audio has announced the release of Space Designer Manager 2, a tool to work efficiently with Logic Pro’s popular Space Designer Impulse Reverb.
Space Designer Manager extends the usability of Logic’s popular Space Designer impulse reverb and is it’s perfect companion. The ever and ever growing number of 3rd party and user impulse responses shows Space Designer’s drawback: Before you can use a impulse response file you must load it into a setting and save it. If you have hundreds or thousands of files this will be an exhausting and almost impossible task, because you have to do it one by one.
Space Designer Manager keeps you being creative because it does the job automatically for you in seconds. Furthermore it can find and relink impulse responses back to the setting files they belong to and batch modify important parameters of existing settings like dry and wet level, volume and latency compensation.
Changes in Space Designer Manager 2
- New Modifier added to batch modify the most important Space Designer parameters.
- An all new Info Drawer featuring a complete audiofileplayer plus additional infoview for convenient prelistening of impulse responses.
- New option to add the duration of the impulse response as a prefix to the setting name.
- New option added to let the Preferences and Info Drawer open on startup.
- Numerous internal enhancements.
- Optimized for OSX Lion.
Space Designer Manager 2 is available to purchase for €29 EUR. The upgrade from v1 is €9 EUR. It is free for users who have purchased Space Designer Manager after May 1, 2011.
More information: 3R Audio / Space Designer Manager
ifoundasound has released version 2.01 beta of LiveProfessor, a VST host software for Windows.
LiveProfessor is designed to be a effect rack of VST-plugins. We have designed it specifically with live sound in mind. The concept is very simple. Using a ASIO audio card you can route inputs and outputs through your VST-plugins. The program supports snapshots, MIDI and both VST-effects and VST-instrument.
Changes in LiveProfessor v2.01
- Failed to load cue lists from saved projects, Fixed.
- New audio engine. Summing on all plug-in inputs, split on all plug-in outputs (Beta 2.0)
- Better multi core support. All cores are now used. The cores are divided pr. “Signal-chain”. (Beta 2.0)
- “Route back” you can now split a signal and route it back to a plug-in earlier in the signal chain. (Please look out for feedback) (Beta 2.0)
- New MIDI controller system. The way hardware midi controllers control plug-in parameters is completely changed. (Beta 2.0)
- Library. Most LiveProfessor settings (Snapshots, Cues, Cue Actions, Controllers, Controller Maps, etc) can be saved in a global Library so you can use them in other projects (Beta 2.0)
- Each cue now has a button to assign a MIDI trigger. (Beta 2.0)
- MIDI learn ignore active sense message, Fixed. (Beta 2.0)
- Comment action. Empty cue action that can be used as a note/hint/memo (Beta 2.0)
- Bug in patch window when hiding plug-ins with multiple I/O, Fixed. (Beta 2.0)
- Warning when opening a project on a system with less IO then the one the project was saved on. (Will remove the patch points) (Beta 2.0)
- 88.2 KHz sample rate (Beta 2.0)
- Snapshot masks. When recalling a snapshot in a cue action, you can now choose to not recall selected parameters. (Beta 2.0)
- Export cue lists. Cue lists can now be saved (Only makes sense for cues that are not linked to a plug-in) (Beta 2.0)
- Expand/Hide all in cue list (Beta 2.0)
- New location of program settings. The program settings are no longer saved in the Program Files folder but in the AppData folder, as this is the Vista/Win7 way (Beta 2.0)
- Bug when replacing snapshots when using the global cue tool, Fixed. (Beta 2.0)
- Cues could get stuck to the mouse, Fixed. (Beta 2.0)
LiveProfessor 2.01 beta for Windows is available as a free download.
More information: ifoundasound
Iced Audio has released version 5.3.0 of AudioFinder, an audio library and production base station for Mac.
Changes in AudioFinder v5.3.0
- All new playback engine with multichannel support.
- Improved Audio Quick Look with multichannel support.
- Added new “Relocate” feature to the Metadata Database Manager.
- Bug fix when converting more than 1000 files to mp3.
- Renamed “Bookmarks” to “Favorites”
- Added “Reveal Application Support Folder” to the Options menu.
- Other bug fixes.
Audio Finder is available to purchase for Mac OS X, priced at $69.95 USD.
More information: Iced Audio
Iced Audio has released version 5.2.0 of AudioFinder, the audio library and production base station for Mac.
AudioFinder is an audio asset management system, and music production hub. AudioFinder gathers all the most useful tools in one quick and intuitive application, enabling you to be more creative by handling all the time consuming tasks that slow down your music production.
Changes in AudioFinder v5.2.0
- User interface redesign. Added new unified Metadata View/Edit Sidebar and several other workflow improvements.
- Metadata Edit’s “Guess” key now works for multi-selections.
- New waveform rendering style.
- Added Miniview/List view Toolbar toggling button.
- All new Sample Extractor HD now works with 16, 24 and 32 bit files.
- Updated the Shortcuts Help Panel to reflect the latest.
- Added a new user preference to opt into showing Audio Unit plug-ins and presets in the Sidebar (off by default)”.
- Added a new user preference to make WAV the default output format.
- Fixed memory leak in the Sample Tool.
- Fixed column truncation mode in the sound list. Will now show trailing “…” where applicable.
- Spot to ProTools bug fix when two dual mono files are selected.
- Added “Export Selection to Logic” to the Sample Tool.
- Other bug fixes.
Audio Finder for Mac OS X is available to purchase for $69.95 USD.
More information: Iced Audio
reFuse Software has released version 0.4 of Note2Frequency, a free note-to-frequency conversion utility for Mac.
Note2Frequency is a utility program to convert note names to their frequencies. Press a note on the on-screen keyboard, and it gives you the frequency of that note in cycles per second (Hz). It will also play a sine wave as a reference tone.
Now with version 0.4, Note2Frequency will also go the other way, converting frequencies in Hz to notes! A readout for “cents” was therefore added by necessity, to show where between two notes a given frequency lies.
Changes in Note2Frequency v0.4
- Now also converts frequencies in Hz to notes.
- Added MIDI Note and Musical Note display/controls.
- Added label for Middle C.
- Changed startup state to have Middle C selected.
- Misc interface improvements.
Note2Frequency for Mac OS X is available as a free download from the reFuse website.
More information: reFuse Software / Note2Frequency
AudioWatermarking.info has released version 1.08.7 of Watermarking Tools 2 (AWT2), a set of shareware utilities for embedding (and retrieving) digital watermarks within audio files.
AWT2 watermarks are inaudible and highly robust, surviving low bitrate transcoding with lossy coders, mixing, effect processing, acoustic coupling (transducing via air) and time stretching.
Changes in AWT 2 v1.08.7
- Fixed bug in the decoder (could cause crash).
- AWT2 is now available in a form of SDK (static library + header file + example) for various platforms including Windows, Linux, Mac OS, iOS. AWT2 SDK is available upon request.
- Reworked and detailed error codes.
Audio Watermarking Tools 2 for Windows, Mac, and Linux (includes console and GUI utilities) is available to purchase starting at 69 EUR.
More information: AudioWatermarking.info