reKon audio has updated its VST-AU JUNO-106 Editor, a real-time MIDI synth editor that allows you full control of every parameter of the sound on the Roland Juno-106 synthesizer.
Now you can utilize your JUNO-106 to its full potential and build lasting and meaningful patches that will bring new life to your music. You can manage, view and edit all your patches on the computer itself without the hassle of manual dumps. All parameters are fully automatable and you can even use your favorite VST or AU host, or use it stand-alone, giving you the ability to visually program the JUNO-106 to your music via the host sequencer.
Changes in VST-AU JUNO-106 Editor v1.2.0
- Fixed the ‘Chorus 1′ not getting set properly.
- Editor now (‘remembers’) loads the last used settings for both MIDI settings and current preset.
- New MIDI engine. Better buffering of data.
- Modulation is now part of the preset and remembered.
- Added tooltip displays to sliders. Hover over a slider to see its value.
- Scroll wheel now increments in steps of 1.
- Added Host MIDI IN-Out LEDs.
- Faster randomize routine.
VST-AU JUNO-106 Editor for PC and Mac (VST/AU/Standalone) is available to purchase for $69.95 USD.
More information: reKon audio / VST-AU JUNO-106 Editor
3R Audio has announced the release of Space Designer Manager 2, a tool to work efficiently with Logic Pro’s popular Space Designer Impulse Reverb.
Space Designer Manager extends the usability of Logic’s popular Space Designer impulse reverb and is it’s perfect companion. The ever and ever growing number of 3rd party and user impulse responses shows Space Designer’s drawback: Before you can use a impulse response file you must load it into a setting and save it. If you have hundreds or thousands of files this will be an exhausting and almost impossible task, because you have to do it one by one.
Space Designer Manager keeps you being creative because it does the job automatically for you in seconds. Furthermore it can find and relink impulse responses back to the setting files they belong to and batch modify important parameters of existing settings like dry and wet level, volume and latency compensation.
Changes in Space Designer Manager 2
- New Modifier added to batch modify the most important Space Designer parameters.
- An all new Info Drawer featuring a complete audiofileplayer plus additional infoview for convenient prelistening of impulse responses.
- New option to add the duration of the impulse response as a prefix to the setting name.
- New option added to let the Preferences and Info Drawer open on startup.
- Numerous internal enhancements.
- Optimized for OSX Lion.
Space Designer Manager 2 is available to purchase for €29 EUR. The upgrade from v1 is €9 EUR. It is free for users who have purchased Space Designer Manager after May 1, 2011.
More information: 3R Audio / Space Designer Manager
ifoundasound has released version 2.01 beta of LiveProfessor, a VST host software for Windows.
LiveProfessor is designed to be a effect rack of VST-plugins. We have designed it specifically with live sound in mind. The concept is very simple. Using a ASIO audio card you can route inputs and outputs through your VST-plugins. The program supports snapshots, MIDI and both VST-effects and VST-instrument.
Changes in LiveProfessor v2.01
- Failed to load cue lists from saved projects, Fixed.
- New audio engine. Summing on all plug-in inputs, split on all plug-in outputs (Beta 2.0)
- Better multi core support. All cores are now used. The cores are divided pr. “Signal-chain”. (Beta 2.0)
- “Route back” you can now split a signal and route it back to a plug-in earlier in the signal chain. (Please look out for feedback) (Beta 2.0)
- New MIDI controller system. The way hardware midi controllers control plug-in parameters is completely changed. (Beta 2.0)
- Library. Most LiveProfessor settings (Snapshots, Cues, Cue Actions, Controllers, Controller Maps, etc) can be saved in a global Library so you can use them in other projects (Beta 2.0)
- Each cue now has a button to assign a MIDI trigger. (Beta 2.0)
- MIDI learn ignore active sense message, Fixed. (Beta 2.0)
- Comment action. Empty cue action that can be used as a note/hint/memo (Beta 2.0)
- Bug in patch window when hiding plug-ins with multiple I/O, Fixed. (Beta 2.0)
- Warning when opening a project on a system with less IO then the one the project was saved on. (Will remove the patch points) (Beta 2.0)
- 88.2 KHz sample rate (Beta 2.0)
- Snapshot masks. When recalling a snapshot in a cue action, you can now choose to not recall selected parameters. (Beta 2.0)
- Export cue lists. Cue lists can now be saved (Only makes sense for cues that are not linked to a plug-in) (Beta 2.0)
- Expand/Hide all in cue list (Beta 2.0)
- New location of program settings. The program settings are no longer saved in the Program Files folder but in the AppData folder, as this is the Vista/Win7 way (Beta 2.0)
- Bug when replacing snapshots when using the global cue tool, Fixed. (Beta 2.0)
- Cues could get stuck to the mouse, Fixed. (Beta 2.0)
LiveProfessor 2.01 beta for Windows is available as a free download.
More information: ifoundasound
Iced Audio has released version 5.3.0 of AudioFinder, an audio library and production base station for Mac.
Changes in AudioFinder v5.3.0
- All new playback engine with multichannel support.
- Improved Audio Quick Look with multichannel support.
- Added new “Relocate” feature to the Metadata Database Manager.
- Bug fix when converting more than 1000 files to mp3.
- Renamed “Bookmarks” to “Favorites”
- Added “Reveal Application Support Folder” to the Options menu.
- Other bug fixes.
Audio Finder is available to purchase for Mac OS X, priced at $69.95 USD.
More information: Iced Audio
Iced Audio has released version 5.2.0 of AudioFinder, the audio library and production base station for Mac.
AudioFinder is an audio asset management system, and music production hub. AudioFinder gathers all the most useful tools in one quick and intuitive application, enabling you to be more creative by handling all the time consuming tasks that slow down your music production.
Changes in AudioFinder v5.2.0
- User interface redesign. Added new unified Metadata View/Edit Sidebar and several other workflow improvements.
- Metadata Edit’s “Guess” key now works for multi-selections.
- New waveform rendering style.
- Added Miniview/List view Toolbar toggling button.
- All new Sample Extractor HD now works with 16, 24 and 32 bit files.
- Updated the Shortcuts Help Panel to reflect the latest.
- Added a new user preference to opt into showing Audio Unit plug-ins and presets in the Sidebar (off by default)”.
- Added a new user preference to make WAV the default output format.
- Fixed memory leak in the Sample Tool.
- Fixed column truncation mode in the sound list. Will now show trailing “…” where applicable.
- Spot to ProTools bug fix when two dual mono files are selected.
- Added “Export Selection to Logic” to the Sample Tool.
- Other bug fixes.
Audio Finder for Mac OS X is available to purchase for $69.95 USD.
More information: Iced Audio