AudioWatermarking.info has announced the release of Audio Watermarking Tools 2 (AWT2), a set of shareware utilities for embedding (and retrieving) digital watermarks within audio files.
AWT2 watermarks are inaudible and highly robust, surviving low bitrate transcoding with lossy coders, mixing, effect processing, acoustic coupling (transducing via air) and time stretching. Check examples section.
AWT2 offers unprecedentedly high watermarking data rate up to 125 bps (i.e. more than 16 bytes in one second of audio); watermark payloads up to 120 bytes long are supported.
AWT2 protects your rights by ensuring that your watermark is detectable (only by you!) in any copy of your audio materials transmitted or broadcasted anywhere.
Audio Watermarking Tools 2 is available to purchase, starting at 69 EUR (Windows, Mac OS X and Linux console and GUI utilities are included in the package).
More information: AudioWatermarking.info
Sound Radix has released version 1.2.1 of Auto-Align, an automatic microphone / DI time alignment plug-in for Mac.
Auto-Align will “listen” to your multi-mic recording and will automatically measure and compensate for the delay between the microphones, sample accurately – significantly reducing the Comb filter effect and dramatically improving the resulting sound.
Changes in Auto-Align v1.2.1
- RTAS and ProTools 9 compatibility
- New, easy-to-use, host-independent bus routing system, eliminates the need of using side-chain.
- True stereo alignment in Pro Tools and other hosts that support mono side-chain only.
- Improved, automatic management of stereo-to-mono and mono-to-stereo alignment.
- Improved detection algorithm.
- Improved graphics accuracy.
- Fixed a bug that made Auto-Align produce erroneous results in Pro Tools HD systems.
Auto-Align is available to purchase as an effect plug-in for Mac (AU/RTAS) for $149 USD.
More information: Sound Radix
Sound Radix has released a Mac OS X RTAS version of Auto-Align, an automatic time alignment plug-in.
Auto-Align will “listen” to your multi-mic recording and will automatically measure and compensate for the delay between the microphones, or between a DI box and a microphone – sample accurate, significantly reducing the Comb filter effect.
When distant microphones are used and a delay is desired to enhance the sense of space, Auto-Align can time-place the microphones to better match the close-mic’ed source and therefore minimize the Comb filter effect.
Auto-Align can also automatically detect a reversed polarity mic and compensate for it.
Auto-Align for Mac (AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for $149 USD.
More information: Sound Radix
Iced Audio has released version 5.0.6 of AudioFinder, the audio library and production base station for Mac OS X.
AudioFinder is an audio asset management system, and music production hub. AudioFinder gathers all the most useful tools in one quick and intuitive application, enabling you to be more creative by handling all the time consuming tasks that slow down your music production.
Changes in AudioFinder v5.0.6
- Added Support for Spotting sounds to the cursor in Apple Logic 9 or newer.
- Sample Tools now accept MIDI input for playing back at variable pitches/speeds. This is automatically enabled when a Sample Tool is front-most window.
- Added import of “Hollywood Edge” sound library “.tab” files in the Metadata Database Manager.
- Bug fix with Metadata Editor Templates. If a Template was applied to a sound already in the database the path could be reset to be AFMetadataStoreTemplate.
- Metadata Database Viewer Templates have a new format, any old ones in use will need to be updated.
- Fixed the Escape Key to end editing of renaming operation in the list view.
- Bug fix – sometimes after renaming a file the keyboard shortcuts could stop working.
- Bug fix AudioViewer shortcuts when detached (free mode).
- Fixed a bug in the Folder Column Browser that only effected Leopard.
- Other bug fixes.
AudioFinder for Mac is available to purchase for $69.95 USD.
More information: Iced Audio
3R Audio has released version 1.5 of Space Designer Manager, a tool for the Apple Logic Space Designer impulse reverb.
This is a major update as Space Designer Manager now supports multichannel impulse responses like Truestereo, Quadrophonic, B-Format and Surround. Furthermore the user can now select the paths to the generation folder and to the folder for generated SDIR multichannel impulse responses.
Space Designer Manager features
- Batchgenerates pst-settings in seconds.
- Relinks settings with their impulse responses.
- Works with mono, stereo, truestereo, surround.
- Important parameters like dry and wet adjustable.
- Saves your time by doing the boring work.
Space Designer Manager for Apple Logic Pro is available to purchase for the introductory price of 29 EUR until January 1, 2011.
More information: 3R Audio
CPU Productions has released Groove Detective, a search engine for Audio and MIDI drum/percussion loops based on patterns and ‘sounds like’.
Groove Detective is based on advanced DSP analysis of the audio in the loops (except MIDI files of course). It will find the exact location of the hits in three loosely defined categories: kick drum, snare drum and hihat as well as obtain a detailed descriptor of the sound characteristics of each hit. This information is placed in a database with a sophisticated indexing system allowing you to find what you’re looking for almost instantaneously.
Groove Detective features
- Analysis 100% automated.
- Maintains the database automatically.
- Searches very large collections in milliseconds.
- All commonly used file formats supported (all non-loss audio, REX, ACID, Apple Loops, MP3, WMA, MIDI).
Groove Detective for Windows is available to purchase for $65 USD.
More information: CPU Productions
Bang On Tek has released Safe Box, a free utility for the x0xb0x.
Bang On Tek announces the release of Safebox, a free software tool that allows full x0xb0x EEPROM backup & restore. (the x0xb0x is one of the most popular TB-303 hardware clones – see http://www.ladyada.net/make/x0xb0x/ for more information).
Safebox is to be followed soon by Kontrol, a software application that will provide pattern library management functionality for not only the x0xb0x but also popular software TB-303 emulations such as Propellerhead’s Rebirth, AudioRealism’s Bassline and D16′s Phoscyon. Kontrol will allow patterns originating from any of these applications to be imported, edited, and exported to any of the supported formats.
Safe Box is available as a free download for Windows.
More information: Safe Box