UVI has announced the release of UVX-10P, a new virtual instrument inspired by 3 classic analog synthesizers, the JX-10, MKS-70 and JX-8P.
UVX-10P recalls the last true analog synthesizers from the famed masterminds behind the Juno and Jupiter series, including the Super JX – a 12-voice, 24-oscillator analog monster capable of lush tones and crushing analog bass. A pristine JX-10, MKS-70, and JX-8P were tirelessly programmed and sampled in high-resolution through a world-class signal chain, capturing every nuance and detail. Every sound was recorded twice, with and without the built-in chorus, resulting in a comprehensive sonic backbone of nearly 9gb of samples. The result is a rich and versatile analog-inspired instrument, faithful to the sound of classic hardware but with a modern studio bite.
UVX-10P delivers a fully-featured hardware inspired interface, complete with ADSR amp, analog-modeled multimode filter, LFO, step modulator, multiple effects, and easy mod-wheel mapping of useful parameters. Tweak and perform over 170 factory patches in realtime or craft your own with a range of raw wave samples.
A perfect complement to UVX-3P, UVX-10P delivers a huge analog sound at an outstanding price. Add a piece of vintage synth history to your collection today!
The UVX-10P library is available to purchase for $99 USD.
More information: UVI / UVX-10P
UVI has announced the release of Urban Suite, a captivating collection of five new software instruments with an accompanying sizeable sample library tailored towards urban contemporary music producers.
UVI, producers of one of the best selling urban sample libraries ever, are back with the most complete suite of instruments and sounds for beat-driven street music production on the planet. Urban Suite delivers 5 new instruments and a massive sample library tailored for contemporary music producers, perfect for hip hop, R&B, trap, glitch, beat, experimental and more. Both a comprehensive retrospective of the classics and a collection of new and innovative tools, Urban Suite embodies the creative spirit and boundary-pushing heritage of beat music production.
In an effort to give you the absolute best sound quality possible, every sample used in Urban Suite (both in-instrument samples and all of the construction kits) were professionally mastered by Chris Gehringer at Sterling Sound in NYC. A modern legend of urban music, Chris has worked with Rihanna, JayZ, 50 Cent, Wu-Tang Clan, Snoop Dog, Nas, Naughty by Nature & Robin Thicke to name a few. His amazing ears and genre expertise have helped to make every aspect of Urban Suite sound simply fantastic out of the box.
Urban Suite features
- 5 new instruments and a massive sample library tailored for contemporary music producers, perfect for hip hop, R&B, trap, glitch, beat, experimental and more
- BeatShaper – The ultimate urban drum machine.
- Prime8 – A beat machine legend, reborn.
- Urban X – Unique tweakable sample synth.
- Scratch Machine – Fully-loaded expressive scratch instrument.
- BeatControl – Multitrack looping powerhouse.
- Includes 152 construction kits, 903 loops, 17,649 samples (8.1 GB content).
- 44.1 kHz. Recording at 96 kHz.
The Urban Suite library is available to purchase for $199 USD.
More information: UVI / Urban Suite
UVI has announced Sparkverb, a reverb effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
With a cutting-edge algorithmic design, Sparkverb breaks the boundaries of contemporary reverbs giving users modern and innovative controls that dramatically enhance usability, speed and creative freedom while delivering breathtaking sound quality and remarkable CPU efficiency.
Whether you’re working with small ensembles, massive orchestras, sound design or anything in-between, Sparkverb offers a unique experience and innovative feature set that helps you work faster, smarter and more creatively than ever before.
The Sparkverb license can be freely stored on a computer (no iLok USB smart key required) or on a portable and convenient iLok USB smart key. Users can conveniently switch between these two license protection modes at any time.
Sparkverb for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/MAS) costs $199 USD.
More information: UVI / Sparkverb
UVI has announced the release of Mello, an authentic-sounding software recreation of the tape-based Mellotron instrument.
With Mello we’ve aimed to deliver a complete and authentic recreation of this prolific instrument. Dozens of original tapes were multi-sampled on 3 different machines in order to give you the best representation of each of the 28 available sounds. To capture the live experience the key noise and inner mechanical sounds were stereo recorded, including tape noise and key-off sounds, and are all mixable to taste.
To make Mello even more versatile we’ve added a few tricks of our own, including an analog-modeled tape delay, reverb, a custom unison mode to give you stereo sound without unwanted transposition or chorusing, a switchable multimode filter, a 3-band EQ and more.
Mello delivers a warm and buttery tone indistinguishable from the original and is, in every way we could make it, a perfect tribute to the quintessential studio instrument of the 60′s.
- Pristine and comprehensive sample library from 3 original machines.
- Mixable key and mechanical noise for authentic experience.
- Switchable keyboard range (original or extended).
- Stereo modes including custom unison.
- Switchable multimode filter with cutoff and resonance.
- ADSR envelopes for amplitude and filter with velocity sensitivity.
- 3-band EQ with sweepable mid frequency.
- Built-in SparkVerb.
- Analog-modeled tape delay.
UVI’s Twitter followers and Facebook fans can download Mello at no cost for the first three months (MSRP $99 USD). Requires iLok.
More information: UVI / Mello
Gospel Musicians has announced version 3.1 of the Neo-Soul Keys 5X Ultimate, a virtual instrument library for UVI & MachFive, featuring 5 electric piano emulations.
Neo-Soul Keys® is our flagship product and combining our samples with the UVI Workstation makes for an amazing electric piano experience.
When combined with advanced scripting and the amazing effects of the UVI Workstation, this is our best version yet.
Changes in Neo-Soul Keys 5X Ultimate v3.1
- 24-bit sustain samples (10.5GB Total).
- Added a new preset system so you don’t have to keep loading new presets every time. Now all of the presets are stored inside of one combo EP. You can also add your own presets within the new combo preset system. Just make sure you save the entire preset when making and saving within the system.
- Includes Lite presets from the the 3X Lite version that was released previously. This version is for customers who use Mainstage and have to conserve CPU and RAM.
- Now the sustain sample’s release matches the Kontakt version.
- All LFO sync functions for effects, panning and volume are now accurate when syncing to a DAW. New algorithms have been applied.
- Lower Volume Mechanics – Sometimes the Mechanical effects can be a little loud. A preset version is available that has lower volume mechanical effects for a more subtle mechanical sound.
- Re-Calibrated the Amp Sims so that they don’t cause some patches to peak. Some amp sims have more energy than others and we calibrated the Amp sims thus not to peak.
- Added two new UK Amp Sims for a super warm and deep bass sound. This is especially useful when playing key bass.
- Created disk and arrow push-down icons for all preset menus. Previously there was no graphical indication when the effects preset’s arrow was pressed.
- Added Volume and Pan vibrato/tremolo option. The vibrato panning function clashed in a weird way when combined with the chorus, flanger, and phaser. This is because these effects use panning already and combining the two summed the output.
- The Auto-Wah now replaces the Funky Wah. As an update to the newest UVI workstation, there is now a new Wah-Wah effect that sounds great. Allows for you to use rate and depth for an Auto-Wah, or you can assign the Wah effect to a pedal controller by right clicking and learning.
- The Suitcase tines are generally bright, but a darker Suitcase tine patch has been added for diversity and a darker EP tone.
Neo-Soul Keys 5X is available to purchase for $199.99 USD.
More information: Gospel Musicians / Neo-Soul Keys 5X Ultimate
UVI is offering a Refund Voucher with the purchase of an iLok, for a limited time.
Buy an iLok and get a Refund Voucher good towards any purchase @ uvi.net!
Supplies are limited so act fast!
UVI iLok promotion
- Purchase your iLok on www.uvi.net
- You will receive a $78 voucher code that comes in your iLok package (we refund the iLok and shipping fees) good towards any purchase at www.uvi.net
More information: UVI / iLok
Gospel Musicians has announced the release of Talkbox Jr., a sample and synthesis library for UVI and MachFive.
The Talkbox Jr. is a tribute to the legendary sound of the late/great Roger Troutman. It is a sample library featuring the most important vowel sounds and phrases from the classic talkbox sound of the 90′s. In keeping with the 90′s theme, the library also contains some of the classic synths, basses, leads, and organ sounds of that time.
The library also includes the “official” talkbox lead patches from the Yamaha DX100, which has been used by talkbox enthusiasts all over the world. These patches are designed to be used in conjunction with your mechanical talkbox. Now, instead of using the smaller 49-key keyboard to feed the talkbox sounds, a user can use the sample library with any controller they wish.
The UVI Workstation also sports a multiple synthesis engine; as a result, Gospel Musicians converted many of the lead, bass and talkbox sounds into wavetables. This allows for greater sonic possibilities when used with Pulse-Width-Modulation.
Talkbox Jr. features
- Sounds Include 7-Vowel Sound Presets, 5-Keyswitch Phrases, 3-Scat Phrases, 24-Talkbox Patches to be used with a real Talkbox, 22-Bass Patches, 20-Lead Patches, 6-Organ Patches, 22-Synth sounds.
- AMP Section with velocity curve and velocity sensitivity controls.
- Filter Section with cutoff, resonance, key tracking, and drive.
- Tone control for talkbox formant tonal changes.
- Multiple portamento and glide modes.
- Dedicated Sub Oscillator.
- Instant Octave switch.
- Multiple Mod wheel sources (LFO, Tremolo, Vibrato, Filter).
- Multiple Effects section (Analog Chorus, 8-band EQ, Ping-Pong Delay, Analog Crunch, Cross Phaser, Drive, Stereo Spread, Auto-Wah).
- Includes the enhanced Spark Reverb from MachFive.
- Mastering section with a Compressor/Gate and Mastering section with tube.
- Each category of sounds can be switched without loading.
- Wavetable synthesis patches with digital options (PWM, Detune, Stereo, Spread Phase).
The Talkbox Jr. library is on sale for $99.99 USD until September 9th, 2013.
More information: Gospel Musicians / Talkbox Jr.
UVI has released WaveRunner, a library of seven hybrid instruments inspired by synths, drum machines and rare prototypes of esteemed German heritage.
WaveRunner presents you with a collection of authentic and fascinating sounds from over 30 years of wavetable synthesis. Everything from the raw and strident origins to the wild evolving tones of more modern, full-featured machines.
Each system addressed was serviced, meticulously multi-sampled and artfully designed into seven unique hybrid instruments driven by over 30,000 samples.
- WaveRunner 360: Based on a very old and quite rare machine, WaveRunner 360 delivers a raw and lo-fi sound.
- WaveRunner Terminal D: Including sounds from vintage prototype drum modules, synths and modern rack drum synths.
- WaveRunner Terminal U: Built on a generous collection of sounds from the entire range.
- WaveRunner 2.0: Based on the original German blue.
- WaveRunner 2.3: Similar to the 2.0 but with a distinctly different flavor, WaveRunner 2.3 is built on the upgraded German classic and its loquacious programming pal.
- WaveRunner Orange: Based on the modern flagship wavetable synthesizers famed in the 90′s and 00′s.
- WaveRunner X: An collection of raw waves harvested from the entire range of machines come together in this fresh and powerful dual-layer subtractive synth; capable of deep, modulating ambiances, brutal basses and uncanny leads.
The WaveRunner library for UVI and MachFive is available to purchase for $299 USD.
More information: UVI / WaveRunner