Vember Audio has released version 1.5.3 (Mac) of Surge, a virtual synthesizer plug-in for PC and Mac.
The excellent software synthesizer that just keeps on getting stronger. Combining wavetable and analog-style oscillators with a highly innovative filter array and an abundance of effects, SURGE gives you synthesis tools to last you a lifetime.
Changes in Surge v1.5.3 (Mac)
- OSX AU: fixed bug that prevented surge from passing the AUVAL tool in snow leopard. As a result, it wouldn’t load in Logic.
- OSX VST: fixed crash caused by snow leopard no longer allowed setting the SSE control register directly.
Surge is available as an instrument plug-in for Windows PC and MAC (VST/AU) for 99 EUR / $99 USD.
More information: Vember Audio
Vember Audio has released version 1.5.2 of Surge, a software synthesizer that combines wavetable and analog-style oscillators with a highly innovative filter array and an abundance of effects.
Changes in Surge v1.5.2
- Fixed bug when saving patches under Windows Vista.
- Fixed bug when double-clicking the AEG release slider.
- Fixed crash when the first wavetable in the wavetable directory was a .wav.v
- Made denormalization noise less audible.
- The color indication for modulated faders are now more apparent.
Surge is available as an instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU). A license costs 135 EUR / $150 USD.
Visit Vember Audio for more information and audio demos.
This page contains patches and sound banks for Surge by Vember Audio.
Architecturally speaking, Surge is a rather complex synthesizer. But because of how it’s put together it’s still easy to learn. Once you do, you will turn the sounds in your head to audio faster than ever.
Download patches/sound banks
Find more patches by sound designers, plug-ins or check the latest additions.
Vember Audio has released version 1.5.1a of Surge, a software synthesizer combining wavetable and analog-style oscillators with a highly innovative filter array and an abundance of effects.
Changes since Surge v1.5.0
- Sustain pedal (and other CC controllers) now works correctly for scene B.
- The ringmod 2&3 signal in the osc mixer wasn’t stereo with the wide filter-block configuration.
- Loading the preset “delay pops 4″ no longer causes a crash.
- The step-sequencer couldn’t retrigger envelopes when the modulation output of LFO1 wasn’t used.
- [PC] When importing wavetables using wav-files they can now be up to 1024 samples long.
- [OSX] Reduced threading priority for patch switches, which should eliminate glitches on patch-changes.
- [OSX/PowerPC] Fixes for DSP-bugs in filters, wide-mode, oscillators & oscillator mixer.
Surge is available for Windows PC and Mac (VST/AU) and costs 135 EUR (EU) / $150 USD (non-EU). A demo version can be downloaded from the product page.
Visit Vember Audio for more information.
Vember Audio has released version 1.5 of Surge, a software synthesizer combining wavetable and analog-style oscillators with a highly innovative filter array and an abundance of effects.
Changes in v1.5
- Filters – The new filters in version 1.5 are capable of self-oscillation and can sound anywhere between clean to dirty depending on how hard they’re driven. They are incredibly fast which means that no matter how much they are modulated it is practically impossible to make them “blow up”. The previous filters are still available using the subtypes button which provide a broad sonic palette. A 4-pole band-pass filter has also been added, bringing the selection of types/subtypes up to 27.
- Oscillator: FM2 – This new oscillator uses 2->1 operator configuration and provides a quick way to generate harmonic sounds which are instantly useful in a musical context. It has a set of parameters designed to achieve this particular goal, providing an interesting alternative to FM3 which is the weapon of choice for ‘scraping paint of walls’.
- Oscillator: Window – This oscillator type combines a primary wavetable with a secondary “window” waveform which together provides a wealth of interesting formant-shifting and cross-modulation options.
- Wide – This new setting is a serial filter-block configuration where everything is in stereo (oscillators, noise, filters).
- Vocoder – A 20-band stereo-carrier vocoder has been added to the effect section.
- Meta-controllers – The freely assignable controllers can now be named. They can also have their values edited directly in the GUI as well as automated by the hosting application.
- More efficient – Through careful optimization in key elements of the DSP code using SSE/Altivec instructions the CPU-usage has been reduced by a significant amount. Memory usage has also been decreased.
- Lots of other changes.
Surge is available for Windows PC and Mac (VST/AU) and costs 135 EUR (EU) / $150 USD (non-EU).
Visit Vember Audio for more information and a link to download a demo version of Surge.
Vember Audio has released the software sampler instrument Shortcircuit as freeware. Developer Claes Johanson explains why Shortcircuit is now freeware: The core of the problem is that I have too little time, motivation and financial … read more
SURGE, the new vember|audio synthesizer takes usability and sound quality to a new level. The specifications only hints at what is possible with this instrument. To really appreciate it you have to hear and use … read more