, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jun 20, 2013
Waves has announced Genesis, a bundle of 4 effect plug-ins for live sound.
Waves Genesis is a collection of four must-have plugins for live sound. Perfect for venues of all sizes, Genesis is Native, TDM and SoundGrid® compatible, and covers all your essential processing needs.
Genesis includes the C4 Multiband Compressor for dynamic equalization and tone-shaping; Renaissance DeEsser to control sibilant “ess” and “shh” sounds; Renaissance Reverb for space and atmosphere; and H-Delay to create depth and movement.
Together, these four plugins form the basis of an expandable, forward-thinking performance system that is ready to grow and evolve with you and your needs.
The bundle is available to purchase for $499 USD.
More information: Waves / Genesis
Avid has announced a webinar with Ken “Pooch” Van Druten, the award-winning live sound and recording engineer.
Award-winning live sound and recording engineer Ken “Pooch” Van Druten has toured with some of the biggest names in music, including Linkin Park, Beastie Boys, Eminem, Guns N’ Roses, and Earth, Wind & Fire. This webinar takes a look at what sets Pooch’s mixes apart from others.
In this FREE webinar with Avid® host Robert Scovill, Pooch will take a look at his career and discuss how he got to where he is today, dissecting his approach to mixing with VENUE and providing insight into his systems and workflows. Pooch will also cover his mixing and recording techniques – through actual tour show files — and answer audience questions.
The webinar will take place on Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 at 10 a.m. PST / 1 p.m. EST.
More information: Avid
, effect plugins
, Plugin Alliance
Posted in news
on Feb 14, 2013
Plugin Alliance has announced the availability of Vocal Enhancer, a native version of the unique vocal processing plug-in by its partner Noveltech Audio.
VOCAL ENHANCER™ intelligently enhances the relevant characteristics found in the source, automatically adjusting complex sets of parameters rather than only statically boosting e.g. one specific frequency region.
This innovative approach allows you to get to the desired results much faster – with almost instant gratification, requiring only three intuitive user parameters!
The Vocal Enhancer for Windows and Mac (AU/VST/AAX/RTAS/TDM/VENUE) is available to purchase for $199 USD.
More information: Plugin Alliance / Vocal Enhancer
, Abbey Road
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Jan 25, 2013
Avid has released a round of announcements from NAMM 2013 which include a partnership with the world-famous Abbey Road Studios, the expansion of its Avid Learning Partner Program to include Sibelius certification, and new product offerings for its professional audio and live-sound customers.
“Providing valuable resources and developing the professional tools to help our valued customers produce amazing music continue to be priorities for Avid, as demonstrated by the news being shared at NAMM this year,” said W. Sean Ford, Vice President of Worldwide Marketing, Avid. “We’ve set the standard for our industry with our innovative products and programmes and we’re particularly excited to be offering formalised certification for Sibelius, which will ensure that music educators have the training they need to inspire the next generation of composers, and the Pro Series line of plug-ins, which lay the groundwork for our expanding AAX portfolio.”
The news being showcased at NAMM includes the following:
- High profile partnerships— Renowned Abbey Road Studios, the masterminds behind hits from today’s hottest musical artists including Adele and Florence + The Machine, is the most recent of a large group of facilities and private studios making the upgrade to Pro Tools®|HDX. In addition to a full studio overhaul to HDX systems, Abbey Road and Avid have also announced the first ever Abbey Road Studios and Avid Song Contest, which will provide visibility for emerging artists competing for the grand prize of a Pro Tools system and opportunity to have a track of their choice mixed with Abbey Road’s Online Mixing platform.
- Expanded training opportunities— Avid has reinforced its strong commitment to the Sibelius product line with the announcement of the official Sibelius Training and Certification Program, offered through the Avid Learning Partner Program, which will provide valuable training and accreditation to music educators.
- Innovative product upgrades and launches— Avid expands its AAX plug-in portfolio and adds increased flexibility and integration to the VENUE live-sound system.
- Pro Series plug-ins: Avid announced the launch of the Pro Series line of AAX Native and AAX DSP plug-ins, featuring three new advanced processors that enable users to sound their best. Pro Compressor and Pro Expander (available now), along with Pro Limiter (coming soon), are the first plug-ins in the series, joining an expanding line-up for the AAX platform.
- VENUE Mix Rack: Avid’s industry-leading live sound console system is now fully compatible with VENUE Stage 48 and the VENUE Ethernet Snake Card to provide users with unprecedented flexibility and enhanced capabilities.
- Pro Tools¦ HD Native Thunderbolt: Avid will spotlight its HD Native Thunderbolt solution, which delivers unmatched speed and sound quality using Pro Tools on a laptop or desktop, which debuted at IBC2012 in September.
More information: Avid
Avid has announced VENUE Mix Rack compatibility with VENUE Stage 48 and VENUE Ethernet Snake Card.
The new integration capabilities offer unprecedented flexibility underscoring the company’s commitment to providing innovative, forward-thinking products to the best touring engineers and sound companies all around the world.
Current VENUE Mix Rack owners can easily add I/O flexibility to their systems through Avid’s Stage 48 Ethernet AVB remote box via the Avid Ethernet Snake Card option. These new integration capabilities will give current VENUE Mix Rack system customers the option to significantly reduce cable clutter and expense while maintaining the best possible audio quality as they distribute their system I/O more effectively throughout the performance venue.
These new capabilities equip Avid live sound customers with unmatched flexibility.
VENUE Stage 48 is a robust AVB-enabled stage box option that provides a reliable, cost-effective way of adding remote I/O to your setup.
- Stage 48 remote box enables users to place the I/O anywhere throughout the performance venue and closer to the stage, delivering the best possible sound quality.
- I/O cards can be moved from Mix Rack to Stage 48 and customized as needed.
- Stage 48 features fully redundant, auto-switching Ethernet AVB connectivity, delivering a highly reliable, all-digital connection through dual standard 350 MHz Cat5e cables – at distances up to 328 feet (100 meters) away.
- For applications where two remote boxes are needed – such as keeping one on stage and another at front of house or close to wireless sources – users can simply connect two Stage 48 boxes to the Ethernet Snake Card to maximize distributed I/O.
VENUE Mix Rack, VENUE Stage 48, VENUE Ethernet Snake Card are available now.
More information: Avid / VENUE Mix Rack