Venusian Snail Traffic has released version 2.0 of Vst-Amp, a freeware synthedit made vst driver for the Behringer V-amp products (scroll all the way down the page).
Vst-Amp sends MIDI signals to control the hardware. It loads as a VSTi but doesn’t receive midi signals, except patch change. Vst-Amp is fully automated, so you can write automation tracks in your VST Host program.
New in v2.0
- Delay time knob has fine tuning (hold shift while dragging controls)
- Edit the bpm or ms values by clicking on them
- The host sync works fine, and is directly linked to the knob and bpm/ms values
- Support for V-Amp Pro and V-Ampire (mostly GUI specificities)
Version 2.0 of Vst-Amp can be downloaded here.
Please report any bugs/comments to Mokafix (find his email address on his homepage).
Venusian Snail Traffic has released Guitar Stomps, a collection of 4 free stomp box effect plug-ins.
Guitar Stomps includes Octopussy (octaver), Bitwerk (bitcrusher), Hocus Chorus (chorus) and Tremeloko (tremelo).
All these effects are simple to use with only a few controls.
Visit Venusian Snail Traffic for more information and a link to download Guitar Stomps.
Venusian Snail Traffic has released Cheapo-Tone, a freeware recreation of the famous Casio VL-Tone calculator synth.
- All the sounds are synthesized (no samples were used)
- Drums and Tone synth
- MIDI mapped (drums on channel 10, synth on channel 1)
- ADSR section and other knobs on the front pannel work only in ADSR mode, as the other modes (piano, fantasy, violin, flute and guitar are locked presets)
Visit Venusian Snail Traffic for more information and a link to download Cheapo-Tone.
Venusian Snail Traffic (Mokafix) has updated Tatapoum to version 4.035.
Updated in v4.035
- Fixed a bug due to the ADSR used to make the decay: in reverse mode, and decay mode, the sample wouldn’t stop, when the sample start was not 0
- Replaced the browser (seems to cause problems on some systems) with the original browser. The file is 2mb less now
- Added 2 outputs, so it has 6 stereo outputs
- The ADSR’s attack is set to -1 attack instead of -15, so that the attack is not too sharp, because it resulted it clicks when using the velocity to sample start
- The “pitch” knobs are now reset to 0, because they were not reset to 0 (even though the GUI showed different)
Visit the Tatapoum wiki for more information and a link to download the latest Tatapoum release.
Mokafix has updated Tatapoum to version 4.
Tatapoum is a combined drum sampler and pattern sequencer, simular to Propellerheads’ Redrum.
Ta-ta-poum 3.0 was pulled a while ago after some legal threats (It looked a bit too simular to this…), but Tatapoum now has a different skin and it’s even better than before.
Drum Sampler features
- solo, mute, load and preview controls
- pan, sample playback length, normal/reverse playback direction, full/fade playback envelope
- playback levels for high and low velocity, pitch control
- velocity to pitch bend (warp) feature, with pitch bend, rate and velocity sensitivity controls
- velocity to tone (filter) feature, with tone and velocity sensitivity controls
- velocity to sample start feature, with start positions for high and low velocity
- 2 pairs of drums (2,3 and 7,8) with the “link” feature
- in ( ) mode, the drums in the pair are independent
- in [ALT] mode, triggering either drum plays the 2 drums alternately
- in [RND] mode, triggering either drum plays one of the 2 drums at random
- 2 pairs of drums (4,5 and 9,10) with the “exclusive” feature, triggering one drum stops the other
Pattern Sequencer features
- 16 pads, add/remove triggers, set velocity, add/remove FX
- 5 flexible effects (2 flam rolls + 2 feedback rolls + 1 reverse)
- 4 banks of 8 patterns = 32 patterns in all
- saveable and loadable pattern sets
- pulse divide
- up to 16 steps in each pattern, and pattern chaining, for longer sequences
- forward or reverse pattern play direction
The latest version of Tatapoum is currently available from Asseca.com, where you can also find some manuals.
Venusian Snail Traffic / Mokafix has released version 1.02 of Monkey Orchestra, a synth based on a piano string structure model. Features 88 independant keys (10 lowest trigger 1 string, 18 next trigger 2 strings, … read more
Venusian Snail Traffic (Mokafix) has released Harmoniac, a physical model reed which can produce harmonica sounds. Harmoniac comes as a VSTi plug-in which works as a synth, and as a VST effect plug-in which has … read more
Ta-ta-poum 3.0 is a drum machine with a step sequencer with an very nice GUI. Ta-ta-poum features Drum sampler: 10 drum channels with “solo”, “mute”, “play”, “pan”, “normal/reverse”, “gate/decay”, “length”, “pitch”, “audio output” options. drum … read more