, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
, Versilian Studios
Posted in news
on Apr 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Versilian Studios has announced the release of Timpani, VS Upright No. 1 and VS Chamber Orchestra, three new virtual instruments.
Kontakt version of Versilian Studio’s Timpani virtual instrument.
New Versilian Studios instruments
- Timpani: Extensively sampled Timpani (Wholetone sampling; 4-6x RR, 5 Velocity Layers, stereo). Available for Kontakt and also as a VSTi/AU. Price $15 USD.
- VS Upright No. 1: Medium-sized sampled upright piano ideal for sketches (3 velocity layers, 2x RR, sampled in tritones to reduce size). Available as a VSTi/AU. Free or donation.
- VS Chamber Orchestra: Very light selection of orchestral and wind ensemble instruments ideal for beginner composers (featuring concert flute, clarinet, bassoon, F horn, trumpet, tenor bone, bass bone, tubular bells, xylophone, glockenspiel, timpani, large percussion section, harp, piano, solo violin, and violin section, all using accurate ranges). Free or donation.
Versilian Studios has also ported a number of its previously released products to the Kontakt format.
- Dan Tranh: Vietnamese pentatonic zither that uses metal strings.
- Tubular Bells: Suspended chimes used to emulate church bells in orchestral music.
- Glockenspiel: Deep-sampled chime-like mallet instrument.
- Handchimes: Strange cross between a hand-bell and a tuning fork.
More information: Versilian Studios
Versilian Studios has released three new virtual instrument products: a chromatically-sampled Glockenspiel, a set of Hand-Chimes, and Miscellania II: Bells and Chimes, a mixed selection of metallic percussion. Unlike most sampled glocks, you get to … read more
Versilian Studios has released Miscellania I: Horror, a sound effects plug-in which contains approximately 75 samples from a variety of sources centered around horror and sci-fi soundscapes. A happy Halloween from everyone here at Versilian … read more
Versilian Studios launched Dan Tranh, an extensively sampled virtual Dan Tranh instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac. The Dan Tranh is a traditional zither originating from Vietnam. It is considerably longer than its European and … read more
Versilian Studios has announced the release of its Xylophone virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt. The Xylophone is an ancient and common member of the percussion family, specifically the selection of pitched mallet percussion. … read more
Versilian Studios has announced Tubular Bells, a sampled instrument for Windows. Tubular Bells, otherwise known as Orchestra Chimes or Orchestra Bells, are a member of the percussion family often used to emulate the sound of … read more
Versilian Studios has released Fretless Zither, a free virtual instrument plug-in. The fretless zither is a simple “parlor instrument” consisting of a sound box with strings going across the top and a soundhole in the … read more