Serato has released version 1.5 of its Serato DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Serato DJ 1.5 is now available to download on serato.com.
This release supports a range of brand new hardware from industry leaders Pioneer and Rane, that work plug-and-play with Serato DJ, which now inherits our world class NoiseMap™ DVS technology.
As well as this, Serato DJ 1.5 also brings support for new controllers and existing Pioneer CDJ hardware.
Changes in Serato DJ v1.5
- Added Serato DJ Hardware Support
- Rane Sixty-Four
- Pioneer DJM-900SRT
- Pioneer DDJ-SR
- Numark NS7 II
- Added Serato DJ Accessory Support
- Pioneer DDJ-SP1
- Pioneer CDJ-2000nexus
- Pioneer CDJ-2000
- Novation Dicer
- New Software Features
- For Vinyl & CDJs
- Serato NoiseMap™ Digital Vinyl System Added.
- Absolute, Relative and Internal modes added.
- CD/Vinyl Mode Setup tab including Vinyl Control, Vinyl Start Offset and Needle Dropping Options.
- Calibration Scope Views for CD/Vinyl calibration.
- Deck Setup configuration area for Pioneer DJM-900SRT.
- Temp Cue functionality in DVS mode sets cue when platter is stopped and jumps to cue when playing.
- Emergency Internal Mode; When you reach the end of the record using either REL or ABS modes, Serato DJ automatically switches to INT mode.
- Safety Internal Mode; Control + Click the INT Mode button to switch to Safety Internal mode which will reset the tempo to zero, enable forward playback and disable sync.
- USB insert allows you to use the DJ-FX as post fader effects for the Rane Sixty-Four.
- For both Vinyl & CDJs and DJ Controllers
- Virtual deck headers have been standardized across Horizontal and Vertical display modes in both 2 Deck and 4 Deck modes.
- Introduced scrollable cue and loop containers.
- Sync Off and Snap to Beatgrid for Simple Sync options.
- Played Track Color blue/grey options.
- The cue point trigger button and cue point color button on the GUI have been merged. Control + Click the cue point trigger button to modify the cue point color. The cue point numbers have also been removed.
- Audio buffer size in DJ matches the value set in the ASIO control panel (for ASIO devices only).
- For Vinyl & CDJs
- Bug Fixes
- Removed monitor (ch1/ch2) crossfader start on Numark NS7.
- Fixed touch strip on Numark NS7 so it can swipe to the first beat.
- Fixed fader start initialization problem on Numark NS7.
- Fixed initilization on Vestax VCI-380.
- Cleaned up vinyl button functions on Vestax VCI-400.
- Fix Twitch Channel/Master Level LED.
- Fixed stored loops lighting on Novation TWITCH.
- Fix Vestax VCI-300 LED’s so they show channel level with PFL is enabled.
- Other Changes
- Mapped Loop Shift L/R to Shift Switch on Numark Mixdeck.
- Added Loop Roll to the Numark NS6 & Numark NS7.
- Mapped Pitch Range on the Vestax VCI-400.
- Added Shift + Back button on the Numark MixDeck to do Library Navigation Forward.
Serato DJ is available to purchase for $129 USD. The version 1.5 update is now available to download.
More information: Serato