Acousticsamples has released updated version of three of its sample libraries.
Changes in DrumTaste Brush / VibysM V3 / A-Pian V2
- DrumTaste Brush: now features a Multi-output patch to really be able to mix and apply the effects on every element of the drums.
- VibysM: The Kontakt Version has been improved and now features a better voicing and a build in motor simulation (tremolo effect).
- A-Pian: The Kontakt Version has been completely rewritten, voiced and adjusted.
- A-Pian: Now uses the script of the Kawai-EX PRO.
- VibsysM / A-Pian: Two new formats are also available: Halion and Mach5 and the existing EXS and SFZ versions have been improved.
The updates are free for current library owners.
More information: Acousticsamples
Modartt has released Vibes, a new add-on for the Pianoteq virtual piano instrument for Windows and Mac.
Using a newly extended model, PIANOTEQ can now reproduce the beautiful sound of the vibraphone. Two virtual vibraphones, V-M and V-B, reproduce faithfully the characteristic sound of two well-known vibraphone brands. Thanks to the physical model the range of the vibraphones is extended from 3 to 5 octaves. Each instrument is provided with several variants and by using interface features, such as mallet hardness and tremolo, you can customize them to your own taste.
The Vibes add-on is available for purchase for 49 EUR.
Visit Modartt for more information and audio demos.
xoxos has released Phybes, a physically modeled vibraphone VST instrument for Windows PC.
Phybes is a banded waveguide suited for vibraphone and other mallet instrument emulations. The mallet impulse is modeled with a mass-spring to produce tonal variation from dynamic performance.
Phybes is available for purchase for $15 USD.
A license includes a 6 voice and 13 voice version (for glissandos). A demo version is available for download here (limited to two voices of polyphony).
Visit xoxos for more information.