u-he has announced the release of Uhbik T and Runciter, two new Rack Extension effects for Propellerhead Reason.
Tremolo – but if you think that just means ‘volume wobble’ you haven’t tried the mother of all tremolos yet: Uhbik-T!
Our tremolo unit Uhbik-T is a general-purpose ‘rhythmicizer’ featuring linear or exponential gain modulation. But there’s much more: You can morph between user-defined patterns in the 11 x 16 grid, apply rhythmic lowpass filtering, add vibrato or Haas-delay spatial effects… tremolo redefined!
Runciter. Filter with parallel lowpass, bandpass and highpass outputs, resonance, controllable input overdrive and brick-wall fuzz.
Filters were always dramatic sound-shaping tools, one reason why they’re still so popular. But users today expect more than a simple resonant lowpass, so here’s RUNCITER! For classic wah-wah, add low- and highpass together then control cutoff from a MIDI pedal. Or max out the resonance and drive the input from -48db to 48dB for a vast range of effects… instant glittering sweeps or absolute filter mayhem!
Both Rack Extensions are available for the introductory price of $19 USD until June 16th, 2013 (regular $39 USD).
u-he has also launched the creative, modulation, and studio effects bundles, as well as the All of Uhbik bundle comprising all 9 effects in a discounted package.
More information: u-he / Rack Extensions
Martinic has updated its Combo Model V and Combo Model F organ combo plug-ins to version 1.3.0 and 1.2.0 respectively.
Changes in Combo Model V/F
- Added reverb.
- Added guitar cabinet simulation.
- Added extend vibrato speed range switch.
- Added prompt for file when loading/saving MIDI map.
- Added load default tuning.
- Added mouse wheel support to on/off switches.
Both combo organ plug-ins are available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) free of charge.
More information: Martinic
Boscomac has released Brownknee, an effect ensemble for Native Instruments Reaktor.
It is an effect of modulation which includes TREMOLO, VIBRATO and PANOLO. His originality comes because the modulation evolves randomly according to the dynamics of the movement brownien.
let yourself be guided by a rhythm that does not need you …
The ensemble is a free download. Donations are welcome.
More information: Boscomac / Brownknee
, Bob Leggit
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jan 11, 2012 - 0 comments
Bob Leggitt of Planet Botch has released five effects in the new Stomp King series of VST plug-ins for Windows.
Bob Leggitt Stomp King effect plugins
These are highly individual, but extremely musical freeware devices which have the sonic aura of a classic vintage stomp box range.
Among the first batch are some offbeat and interesting units including an analogue delay, a very cool guitar amp simulator (also brilliant for bass or clonewheel organ), a sophisticated ‘dimension’-style symphonic chorus, a cyclic filter and a standalone vibrato.
The Stomp King effect plug-ins for Windows (VST) are available to download at no cost.
More information: Planet Botch
Access Music has announced OS4.5 for the Virus TI series of synthesizers.
OS4.5 focuses on new vintage effect emulations and additions to the modulation matrix
New in Virus TI OS4.5
- Vintage Chorus – The new chorus was modeled after one of the nicest and most famous choruses built in the late ’70s. The flexible subset of parameters allows seamless “morphing” from one emulation to another without having to change the algorithm and therefore stop the sound. It’s a great addition to the TI’s sound engine making it really easy to emulate the famous chorus ensemble sound found in many productions back from ’70s and ’80s.
- Air Chorus – The air chorus is based on creating the Chorus effect in the air, right in between the speakers. In difference to many other chorus effects, it works more subtly and opens the stereo panorama up in a more natural and less intrusive way.
- Vibrato – Especially when you don’t want to waste an LFO to create a vibrato effect, the new algorithm comes in handy.
- Rotary speaker emulation – Emulating a classic Leslie effect, the new rotary speaker emulation offers the usual controls such as a fast/slow setting in combination with creative controls such as microphone distance to add air and space to sounds as well as a crossover setting which allows you to limit the effect to a certain frequency range. You can animate the top end of a pad sound and leave the bottom end untouched.
- New sources have been added to the modulation matrix allowing to add further “analog” feeling to pretty much any parameter available within the over 100 modulation destinations. Access claims that this intelligent and pattern-based unsteadiness enables the Virus TI to cover a wide range of those beloved analog side effects known from slightly damaged or simply poorly engineered vintage synths.
OS4.5 is compatible with the entire Virus TI line including the first versions back from 2005.
More information: Access Music
, TC Electronic
Posted in news
on Jan 12, 2011 - 1 comment
TC Electronic has introduced 5 amazing guitar pedals that let users play with unique tones created by some of the world’s greatest guitar players.
These new pedals – Corona Chorus, Flashback Delay & Looper, Vortex Flanger, Shaker Vibrato and Hall of Fame Reverb – deliver first-class tones right out of the box and feature a true bypass and analog-dry-through design that guarantees maximum tonal integrity and ultimate clarity. A small footprint, easy battery access and super high-grade components complete these awesome pedals. In short, they combine simplicity and flexibility with unrivalled sound quality – they simply take cool to a whole new level!
TC Electronic believes in moving the possibilities of guitar forward and all these new pedals feature an amazing new concept called ‘TonePrint’ that gives users instant access to the sounds of their favorite guitar heroes. A TonePrint isn’t just a static preset, it’s a complete re-tuning of the pedal including the sound and how the pots react – everything that makes a pedal unique. TC Electronic has collaborated with some of the best guitarists in the world – such as John Petrucci, Ron ‘Bumblefoot’ Thal, Joe Perry, Orianthi and Doug Aldrich – to create the first batch of TonePrints,
but that’s just the beginning. The list of contributing artists will expand massively in the future, so forget emulation, let’s talk collaboration!
A simple USB cable connects these pedals to any PC or Mac for the actual Tone Transfusion. Each pedal is capable of holding one TonePrint at a time, but the concept is unlimited as users can swap TonePrints as many times as they want. All of these custom made TonePrints can be downloaded at TC Electronic’s website, and best of all – it’s easy, fast and totally free!
The TonePrint pedals will be available in February, 2011, priced at:
- Corona Chorus: US$177 MSRP / €122 List (excl VAT)
- Vortex Flanger: US$177 MSRP / €122 List (excl VAT)
- Shaker Vibrato: US$177 MSRP / €122 List (excl VAT)
- Flashback Delay & Looper: US$232 MSRP / €140 List (excl VAT)
- Hall of Fame Reverb: US$204 MSRP / €122 List (excl VAT)
More information: TC Electronic / TonePrint
Subsun has released Wobbles, a free effect plug-in for Mac.
Wobbles is a free-ware vibrato plugin for Mac OSX 10.4 and higher.
The effect features adjustable shape, depth and speed. Chorus and phaser type effects can also be achieved by using the dry/wet knob.
It has not been widely tested, so please let me know if you have problems! If there is interest in this plugin then I might update it with a couple more features (tempo syncing, custom LFO shapes).
Wobbles is available as a freewave effect plug-in for Mac OSX 10.4 and higher (VST/AU).
More information: Subsun / Wobbles
Expert Sleepers has released version 1.1.0 of Warbler, a vibrato effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Warbler is at heart a vibrato effect, with additional controls that allow chorus/flange/delay type effects, as well as quite unusual hybrid sounds that aren’t easily categorised.
Changes in Warbler v1.1.0
- All-new factory presets.
- MIDI and OSC control and scripting.
- Revamped GUI, with text value displays under the knobs.
Warbler is available as an effect plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for $19 USD. The update is free for existing users.
More information: Expert Sleepers