Vienna Symphonic Library has announced the release of Vienna Choir, a 25 GB vocal collection, offering the full range of the human voice with soprano, alto, tenor and bass ensembles.
The human voice is the oldest and most expressive instrument ever. Having redefined the world of virtual orchestration during the past several years, the Vienna Symphonic Library is breaking new ground with this impressive vocal collection.
This project was among the most physically demanding of all of the Vienna Instruments, where the challenges of achieving perfect tone, intonation, consistency, and stamina were directly linked to, and even magnified by, the mechanics of the human body. Given the rigorous criteria for inclusion, the voices of Vienna Choir were cast and assembled exclusively for the recording sessions at the Silent Stage, with each singer hand-selected from Austria’s leading choirs. Hundreds of hours were spent performing with utmost perfection and even a surprising passion that imbues every recorded note and interval, a testament to the professionalism of these outstanding artists.
Vienna Choir features
- Vowels “A” (aah) and “U” (ooh) as staccatos, sustains and Legato Performances, at 4 dynamic levels.
- Staccato repetitions of the syllables “ta”, “pa”, “ra”, “sa”, and “tu”, “pu”, “ru”, “su”.
- Sforzatos, crescendos and diminuendos (2, 3, and 4 seconds).
- Legato Performances.
- Legato Glissando Performances.
- Semi-tone and whole-tone Trill Performances.
- Interval Cluster Performances (3 tone clusters – “A” only).
- “Creepy” tones and breathing noises.
- “Regular” and “espressivo” versions for many articulations.
- Note: All articulations on “A” are part of the Standard Library, articulations on “U” belong to the Extended Library.
Vienna Choir is available to purchase as a sample-based virtual instrument for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/Standalone). The Standard and Extended Libraries are 445 EUR / $615 USD each, the Full Library is 890 EUR / $1,230 USD. Registered users are eligible to download the free mixing and host software Vienna Ensemble.
More information: Vienna Symphonic Library / Vienna Choir
Vienna Symphonic Library is presenting new rooms and spaces for Vienna MIR and Vienna Suite Convolution Reverb at the Winter NAMM show.
New Spaces for Vienna MIR and Vienna Suite
- RoomPack 2 for Vienna MIR — The first package of additional rooms for Vienna MIR offers three recording studios, built and owned by the Austrian Public Broadcaster, ORF, where thousands of international artists, ensembles and orchestras have recorded. The “Grosser Sendesaal”, built in the 1930s, with its large stage and fixed leather chairs for the audience is a wonderful, vibrant place to record a symphonic orchestra. The dry “Studio 2″ with extremely precise sound localization has been used for radio drama as well as film scoring and big band recordings throughout the years, and it is still a sought-after venue for all kinds of contemporary music. “Studio 3″ can be thought of as the typical soundstage for any kind of acoustic and orchestral music – especially film scoring – with an outstanding evenness in its sonic imaging.
- Exclusive Impulse Response Libraries for Vienna Suite Convolution Reverb by Inspired Acoustics and Numerical Sound — For the first time, the Vienna Symphonic Library web shop is offering download products by other developers. All three new products include collections of impulse responses that are exclusively available for Vienna Suite Convolution Reverb.
- INSP:IR Impulse Library Vienna Edition — The INSP:IR Impulse Library Vienna Edition is a special edition of the multi-positional reverb sample library by Inspired Acoustics. It provides multiple stereo and true stereo impulse responses from ten renowned halls, some of them actually part of World Heritage, such as Béla Bartók National Hall, Liszt Academy, Esztergom Basilica, Notre Dame of Buda, Szeged Cathedral and others.
- Full Orchestral Reverb & Timbral Impulses (FORTI) and Small Ensemble Reverb & Timbral Impulses (SERTI) — FORTI and SERTI are innovative all-new additions to Numerical Sound’s wide-ranging and lauded line of impulse libraries by Ernest Cholakis. They continue the excellence of collections like “Pure Space: Classical and Mystical Reverberation Impulses” – recently named by iconic engineer Bruce Botnick (The Doors, The Beach Boys, Jerry Goldsmith) as “the best impulses I ever heard” and compared to “the chamber” at Capitol Records. FORTI and SERTI offer custom Timbral Impulses specifically for the Vienna Instruments String Collections, the world’s first “Transparent Immediate Listener Targeting” (TILT) Filters, the first impulse-based Compartmentalized Reverb Collection for lush (FORTI) or intimate (SERTI) ambiences, as well as Ultra-Precision Instrumental Highpass Filters (FORTI) and Ultra-Precision Instrumental Bass Isolation Filters (SERTI).
RoomPack 2 is available to purchase for 195 EUR / $295 USD. The INSP:IR Impulse Library Vienna Edition is 199 EUR, FORTI and SERTI are 145 EUR each.
More information: Vienna Symphonic Library
Vienna Symphonic Library has announced the release of Vienna Ensemble PRO, a mixing host with MIDI and audio LAN capability.
Vienna Ensemble PRO works universally on Macs and PCs, hosting Vienna Instruments as well as 3rd party VSTi (PC), AU (Mac) instruments and effect plug-ins. With the 64-bit version of Vienna Ensemble PRO you can load as many samples into your RAM as you have available! Use it as a host on the same computer as your sequencer to integrate all your 64-bit and 32-bit instruments, or use it as a master-slave solution, even on cross-platform networks with multiple Macs and PCs. Run your sequencer on your main computer, launch Vienna Ensemble PRO on the slave computer, and simply connect them using an Ethernet cable. You can easily route the audio streams of a whole arsenal of computers back to your main machine.
Another major improvement is the new Preserve function. Now you can keep your templates and instruments loaded while switching from one project to another. Add to that many other new features and improvements, such as the sleek new user interface, the Optimize All function, full 64-bit support on the Mac, mixer automation, and you’re presented with the uber-host for sample-based music production on one or more computers!
New in Vienna Ensemble PRO
- 3rd party VSTi/AU hosting (multichannel) — Instantiate Vienna Instruments along with other 3rd party VST and AU instruments from Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, and more; supporting plug-ins with multiple outputs.
- Preserve Instance — Disconnect Vienna Ensemble PRO from your sequencer while keeping all of your instruments and samples loaded, and re-connect to a new cue or project without loading again.
- Mixer Automation — Use AU/VST/RTAS automation from your sequencer to control Vienna Ensemble PRO’s mixer (volume, pan and sends).
- Redesigned user interface — A sleek, calm new design that’s easy on the eye.
- Channel strip and mixer strip sizing — Switch between wide or narrow channel strips for optimal viewing and saving screen space.
- Customized viframe preset for Epic Orchestra Pack.
- Link Pages — When activated, all Vienna Instruments GUIs will show the same right pane window when switching tracks, e.g., the “Patch Assign” page.
- Optimize All — Clean up your RAM by purging all unused samples of all instantiated Vienna Instruments at once!
- Selective Project Merging — Assemble the parts of various existing projects into one new template.
- Multiple keyrange spans per instrument.
- Audio input channels — Route external audio directly into the mixer (stand-alone mode only).
- Audio input/output routing — Windows: Select active channels of an audio device to improve communication with other audio applications. Audio channels of an audio device can as well be used by other audio applications when deactivated in Vienna Ensemble PRO.
- Multiple Undo/Redo.
- Slave mode host tempo synchronization.
- Dual architecture servers — Run 64-bit and 32-bit Vienna Ensemble PRO Servers side-by-side on the same computer which makes it easy to integrate 32-bit 3rd party instruments into your templates.
- Full Mac OS X 64-bit support — Utilize the full memory of your Mac.
- Improved loopback performance (Mac) — Running Vienna Ensemble PRO Server on the same machine as your sequencer now puts much less strain on your system and will perform more reliably.
- Hosting of Cocoa AU instruments and effects (32-bit and 64-bit) — Vienna Ensemble PRO can host both Carbon and Cocoa AU plug-ins, making it one of the first hosts to handle 64-bit AU’s on the Mac.
- VST3 and RTAS connector plug-ins — Vienna Ensemble PRO supports up to 32 MIDI ports and 128 audio ports per instance.
- PC server interface plug-in: VST/VST3 (64-bit and 32-bit).
- PC server/stand-alone: 32-bit and 64-bit.
- Mac server interface plug-in: RTAS (32-bit Intel, PPC); AU/VST/VST3 (32-bit and 64-bit Intel, 32-bit PPC).
- Mac server/stand-alone: 32-bit and 64-bit for both Intel and PPC Macs (Intel recommended. PPC not actively supported).
Vienna Ensemble PRO (includes Epic Orchestra, a free Grand Orchestra Sample Pack) is available for purchase for the introductory price of 149 EUR through October 7, 2009 (regular price 195 EUR).
More information: Vienna Symphonic Library / Vienna Ensemble PRO
Vienna Symphonic Orchestra has released version 1.0 r1563 of Vienna MIR, the first ever whole-space mixing solution that puts real-world depth and dimension into the palm of your hand.
After several years of research and development, our groundbreaking mixing and reverberation host, based on Multi-Impulse Response convolution, renders space as the unifying presence that merges every single instrument into one authentic sound experience.
Changes in Vienna MIR v1.0 r1563
- An extension of the Instrument Directivity Filters allows their usage for dry sound as well. This can be enabled for every instrument by the option “Use Directivity Profile for Dry Signal” at the Edit dialog of an instrument. If this option is enabled, the dry signal will be filtered with the Directivity Filter of the direction that points toward the current microphone position. In case of instruments with a very directional radiation pattern (e.g. trumpets), this effect may be very intense. While rotating an instrument artifacts may occur; a solution for this is already in progress.
- Bug fixes
- Added a check for the Windows color depth which is performed during start of Vienna MIR; in case of an insufficient value Vienna MIR will not start and show an adequate warning.
- Revision of path display and selection at the Preferences dialog.
- Added a check for the soundcard buffer size; Vienna MIR shows a warning in case of inadequate buffer sizes (fixed crashes which happened directly after starting Vienna MIR).
- Fixed casual deactivation of the first instrument’s mute settings.
More information: Vienna Symphonic Orchestra
Related: analyser and monitor
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, panning and spatial
, Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted in news
on Aug 18, 2009
Time+Space has announced it is now shipping Vienna Suite, the first and only boxed fully 64-bit compatible plug-in suite.
Vienna Suite includes nine advanced, yet easy to use plug-ins for mixing and mastering. For optimum precision, they offer full 64-bit audio processing on all major 64-bit and 32-bit host platforms. Supporting the formats AU (Mac OS X), VST (OS X, Win), and RTAS (OS X), Vienna Suite is the ideal solution for anyone who wants to shape a mix using high-end audio tools.
Though it integrates beautifully with any host program or DAW, not just for users of Vienna Ensemble and Vienna Instruments, Vienna users will be happy to take advantage of over 500 included expert presets tailor-made for Vienna Instruments. Be sure to watch the Video Tutorials that explain the features and innovations of all plug-ins in detail.
Vienna Suite features
- Convolution Reverb
- Full 64-bit “True Stereo” 4 channel processing of impulse responses
- Includes impulse responses of 5 halls of the Vienna Konzerthaus, 3 ORF sound stages, and selected acoustic spaces by Inspired Acoustics and Numerical Sound.
- Unique impulse response decorrelation algorithm allows for rich, lush and spacious atmospheres
- Advanced impulse response manipulation
- Zero latency processing
- Non-destructive envelopes for impulse response volume, pan, decorrelation, highpass and lowpass
- High-quality impulse sample rate conversion
- High-quality impulse equalizer
- Reverse impulse response
- Pre-delay (0–500 ms)
- Time stretch (25–400%)
- Auto gain (compensates impulse volume)
- Reads WAV, FLAC, VCI formats
- Sample rates up to 96 kHz
- Equalizer — for silky smooth highs and deep and powerful lows — includes an integrated 120 band spectrum analyzer. Extremely low CPU usage.
- Master Equalizer — provides 3 filter types on 5 bands and additional high and low shelf filters with 2 filter types. The use of 4x oversampling makes internal calculations extremely precise. The weapon of choice for delicate sonic mastering tasks.
- Limiter — with real-time input/output waveform display and auto-mode for transparent maximization.
- Compressor — featuring modern and vintage algorithms and a real-time input/output waveform display.
- Multiband Limiter — offering 4 bands with transparent crossover filters and an additional full-range brickwall limiter at the final output stage.
- PowerPan — for powerful stage positioning of instruments, featuring real-time audio angular analysis.
- Exciter — offering 4x oversampling, tone-color sliders for mixing odd and even harmonics, and a high frequency FFT spectrum analyzer.
- Analyzer — featuring a 120 band analog modeled spectrum analyzer, a fast and accurate display of bass frequencies, an auto mode for automatic range management, and a loudest frequency note display.
Vienna Suite is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) for £395 GBP / 445 EUR. Note: requires ViennaKey.
More information: Time+Space
Vienna Symphonic Library has announced Expand!, a time-limited offer where you can get free extended libraries.
This offer rewards you for having 5, 10, or 15 Vienna Instruments DVD Collections (Standard Libraries).
If you have 5 Standard Libraries of Vienna Instruments DVD Collections, buy and register one more between August 10 and September 15, 2009, and you’ll get one Extended Library of your choice for FREE! Do you have 7 Standard Libraries? Buy 5 additional Standard Libraries (so you’ll have 10 + 2) and get 2 Extended Libraries for free.
Detailed information here.
More information: Vienna Symphonic Library