Tone2 has announced the release of Synth Legends, a new soundset for the Saurus virtual analog synthesizer.
Exploring Saurus’ True Analog capabilities the Synth Legends soundset takes you into the depths of aged circuitry, modular setups and authentic analog, delivering 200 classic synth patches.
An inspiring collection of vintage instruments, Synth Legends perfectly mirrors the unique character of analog hardware, replacing popular analog synths like the Moog, Oberheim, Prophet, Juno, Korg MS20, Jupiter, Andromeda and the Arp Odyssey.
Gritty basses, weaving arpeggios, expressive pads, screaming synths, dirty leads and vibrant brass, providing you with all the sonic flavors of the analog era.
The soundset is available for purchase for 39 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: Tone2 / Synth Legends
, MSXII Sound Design
, Noble & Cooley
, Pork Pie
, samples and sound libraries
, The Drum Sample Broker
Posted in news
on Apr 17, 2014 - 0 comments
MSXII Sound Design has released Snares & Hats, a new combo kit sample library.
This kit represents everything you love in quality production; dirty hats and crunchy snares. Make no qualms about it, this kit will partner well with your current MSXII library.
Multiple loop ideas have been included to spark immediate inspiration and ideas. We’ve used some of the most dirty hats we can find (16″ Vintage Zildjian Hats) to get a great sound.
Recorded through studio grade preamps and processed carefully, The Snares and Hats Combo Kit will sit nicely in both your mix and arsenal.
Snares & Hats features
- 60 drum loops of live snares + hi-hats in 16bit .wav format.
- Vintage saturation/coloring via products by API.
- Hi Hats used include: Zildjian 12″ Special Recording Hats, Zildjian 16″ Vintage Hats (40/50s), Dream 14″ Re-FX Jingle .
- Snare Drums used include: Pork Pie Percussion 6×14 Clear Acrylic Pig Lite, Pork Pie Percussion 7×13 Brass Patina, Pork, Pie Percussion 5×13 Maple, Pork Pie Percussion 6×10 Maple Soprano, Ludwig 5×14 Acrolite Black Galaxy, Noble & Cooley 4.75×14 Aluminum Alloy Classic, Pearl 3×13 Brass Piccolo, Pearl 8×14 Vinnie Paul Signature (Maple), Tama 5.5×14 Starclassic Birch, Custom SoCal 5.5×14 Maple (Built by Matt Slack).
- Additional chopped one-shot hits provided as bonus.
The pack is available from the Drum Broker for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / Snares & Hats Combo Kit
ModeAudio has launched Dust Road – Massive Vintage Loops, a loop and MIDI pack of frayed, baked and dreamy nature, perfect for those making Downtempo, Chillout, Dubstep and beyond.
Welcome to the extension loop pack made from our preset release of the same name, bringing the undulating, lush and distinctive sound of the presets to those who don’t have the required software.
Carefully unscrew the casing of this delicate sound pack and you’ll find 53 warm, saturated synth loops that refuse to stay still. Pulsing with energy and glowing with sonic life, Dust Road’s basslines, pad progressions, synth parts and leads have been gently processed, edited and hand-formatted to deliver only the utmost quality and performance.
As well as the loops, this collection includes 50 accompanying MIDI files so you can layer and edit each pattern with consummate ease. Grab more than a handful of sandy, sifting sound and take the Dust Road to the heart of your music!
Dust Road – Massive Vintage Loops features
- 53 Synth Loops (basslines, pads, synths and leads).
- 50 accompanying MIDI Loops.
- Acid WAV, Apple Loops & REX2 format options.
- 100% royalty-free.
The sample pack costs £7 GBP.
More information: ModeAudio / Dust Road – Massive Vintage Loops
Sample Magic has announced Vintage Breaks Vol. 4, a collection of 101 breaks.
Our Vintage Breaks beatsmiths ratchet up the tempo and return with a blistering selection of live breakbeats built for everything from big-room breaks and liquid D&B to old school jungle, hardcore and rave.
Whilst previous Vintage Breaks editions have been a popular goldmine of authentic-sounding breakbeat material to pitch up, cut up and mangle into D&B beats, this 4th volume focusses solely on the 150-178pbm range.
Some beats were recorded at a lower speed then pitched up in classic jungle style, others were played live at D&B speed for the organic live drum sound associated with the seminal Hospital and London Elektricity sound.
The sample pack is available for £16.90 GBP.
More information: Sample Magic / Vintage Breaks Vol. 4
LSR audio has released version 1.2 of its WARMultipress vintage multi-band compressor plug-in for Windows and Mac.
WARMultiband features 3 bands, with adjustable cross-over frequencies.
Changes in WARMultipress v1.2
- Support for AAX native for ProTools 11 (64-bit) and 10.3.6 (32-bit) on Mac and Windows.
- Better crossover filters.
- Improved ATR102 tape emulation.
- Better compression algorithm (progressive curve, fast reaction, soft overshoot).
- Better performances.
WARMultipress for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for purchase for $89 USD. The update is free to registered users.
More information: LSR Audio / WARMultipress
MPC-Samples has announced The Raw 70s Kit, a drum sample library for Akai’s MPC and Native Instruments Maschine.
‘The Raw 70s Kit’ is the second volume in our ‘Drum Evolution’ series featuring a fully multisampled 70s Ludwig Classic drum kit, recorded with an array of vintage microphones straight to 2 inch analogue tape, and mapped out perfectly into ready-to-play programs for all MPCs & Maschine.
Oozing with gritty character and tape saturated goodness, these are just about the filthiest, hard hitting multisampled drums we’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. The kit comes with 16 different drum articulations recorded with 12-18 takes across the entire velocity range (259 samples in total) and for each MPC model (including all version of JJOS) we’ve created ready-tweaked ‘finger drumming’ kits that you can just load up and start playing.
There are 259 drum samples in total, each provided in 24 bit WAV, 16 bit WAV and legacy MPC sound formats, along with ready-tweaked programs guaranteed fully compatible with every single MPC model ever, all versions of JJOS, and Maschine 1.8/2.x.
The Raw 70s Kit is available to download for $24.99 USD.
More information: MPC-Samples / The Raw 70s Kit
Wave Alchemy has introduced Digital Revolution, an upcoming drum machine instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
An early screenshot of the instruments GUI of Digital Revoltion.
Since the release and subsequent update of Transistor Revolution MKII we have been busy behind the scenes working on a brand new instrument which is inspired by the classic digital drum machines of the past…
Powered by ‘Revolution Engine’ technology our forthcoming Digital Revolution virtual instrument puts vintage digital drum sounds from the 1980′s at your fingertips.
We have faithfully captured the unique sound of 9 iconic digital drum machines spanning from 1980 to 1989, including all sample variations of the original drum machines, tune, decay and various other settings. Each drum sound has also been re-sampled multiple times through an iconic ‘grey’ 12-bit sampler to allow for real-time re-sample/grit modes which can easily be selected from the instrument interface.
Digital Revolution features
- 9 classic digital drum machines and 3 bonus analogue machines.
- New ‘Character Mode’ allowing real-time selection of Lo-Fi (re-sampled), Hi-Fi and Original sound sources.
- Sequence patterns quickly and easily using the ‘Revolution Engine’ step sequencer.
- Mix and match drum sounds from 12 iconic drum machines in real-time and dynamically browse any available sound either by machine or drum voice.
- Assign the same percussion sound to multiple voices to quickly play and sequence melodic patterns.
- Easy synchronization with any host or DAW.
More information: Wave Alchemy