Sample Magic has launched Vintage Breaks Vol 5, a collection of retro drum fills, and the EDM Builds & Fills sample pack.
Vintage Breaks Vol 5
The first drum fills collection from Vintage Breaks specialists Hal Ritson and Alex Reeves. Recorded as always in their enviable all-analogue studio, the result is 101 retro-flavoured fills to bring boring beats to life in any genre of electronic music.
From epic 80s Collins-esque slams to Marley reggae rolls, louche jazz fills to ferocious D&B drills, this genre- and tempo-spanning (72 – 178bpm) collection packs a serious beat-making punch. The attention to detail is unrivalled with an almost limitless combination of drum kits, mics and vintage outboard processing employed to craft authentic-sounding fills from across the decades.
Vintage Breaks Vol 5 is available for purchase for £14.90 GBP.
EDM Builds & Fills
Epic builds, slammin’ fills and party-starting vox cuts: create your ultimate festival anthem with this essential selection of XXL builds and X-rated fills designed for instant hands-in-the-air euphoria on the biggest stages.
Comprising 4 folders of huge tempo-synced risers, white-noise rushes, filthy falls and punchy snare rolls — plus a folder of party-starting drop vox — EDM Builds & Fills contains all the tools you need for an epic summer anthem.
The EDM Builds & Fills pack costs £9.90 GBP.
More information: Sample Magic
The Drum Broker has launched Analog Bits, an all original drum kit featuring never before heard drum samples in 3 rich analog flavors.
We created 50 samples from scratch and ran them through 3 classic samplers & machines (Akai S3000XL, Akai S-950, & E-Mu SP1200).
Analog bits features plenty of analog colouring, bit crushing, and crunch that can only be replicated using classic 12 & 16-Bit samplers and processing techniques.
If you’re looking for something dirty & warm, these samples are perfect to use stand alone or for layering!
Analog Bits features
- 150 Original Samples (50 Sounds – Resampled 3 ways).
- Analog warmth, flavor, & grit from the E-Mu SP1200, Akai S-950, & Akai S3000XL.
- Akai S-950 Version resampled @ 9000, 10000, & 12500 HZ.
- E-Mu SP1200 Version pitched up to 45 RPM then tuned down for classic SP1200 Sparkle & Artifacting.
- Akai S3000XL versions are warm & slightly cleaner @ 16-Bit processing.
- S-950 Version recorded using Apogee Symphony I/O for conversion, resampled through a JDI > a BAE (NEVE) 1073 Mic Pre/EQ with a bit of saturation to add extra flavor.
The sample pack is available for $14.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / Analog Bits
Tone2 has announced the release of Synth Legends, a new soundset for the Saurus virtual analog synthesizer.
Exploring Saurus’ True Analog capabilities the Synth Legends soundset takes you into the depths of aged circuitry, modular setups and authentic analog, delivering 200 classic synth patches.
An inspiring collection of vintage instruments, Synth Legends perfectly mirrors the unique character of analog hardware, replacing popular analog synths like the Moog, Oberheim, Prophet, Juno, Korg MS20, Jupiter, Andromeda and the Arp Odyssey.
Gritty basses, weaving arpeggios, expressive pads, screaming synths, dirty leads and vibrant brass, providing you with all the sonic flavors of the analog era.
The soundset is available for purchase for 39 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: Tone2 / Synth Legends
, MSXII Sound Design
, Noble & Cooley
, Pork Pie
, samples and sound libraries
, The Drum Sample Broker
Posted in news
on Apr 17, 2014 - 0 comments
MSXII Sound Design has released Snares & Hats, a new combo kit sample library.
This kit represents everything you love in quality production; dirty hats and crunchy snares. Make no qualms about it, this kit will partner well with your current MSXII library.
Multiple loop ideas have been included to spark immediate inspiration and ideas. We’ve used some of the most dirty hats we can find (16″ Vintage Zildjian Hats) to get a great sound.
Recorded through studio grade preamps and processed carefully, The Snares and Hats Combo Kit will sit nicely in both your mix and arsenal.
Snares & Hats features
- 60 drum loops of live snares + hi-hats in 16bit .wav format.
- Vintage saturation/coloring via products by API.
- Hi Hats used include: Zildjian 12″ Special Recording Hats, Zildjian 16″ Vintage Hats (40/50s), Dream 14″ Re-FX Jingle .
- Snare Drums used include: Pork Pie Percussion 6×14 Clear Acrylic Pig Lite, Pork Pie Percussion 7×13 Brass Patina, Pork, Pie Percussion 5×13 Maple, Pork Pie Percussion 6×10 Maple Soprano, Ludwig 5×14 Acrolite Black Galaxy, Noble & Cooley 4.75×14 Aluminum Alloy Classic, Pearl 3×13 Brass Piccolo, Pearl 8×14 Vinnie Paul Signature (Maple), Tama 5.5×14 Starclassic Birch, Custom SoCal 5.5×14 Maple (Built by Matt Slack).
- Additional chopped one-shot hits provided as bonus.
The pack is available from the Drum Broker for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / Snares & Hats Combo Kit
ModeAudio has launched Dust Road – Massive Vintage Loops, a loop and MIDI pack of frayed, baked and dreamy nature, perfect for those making Downtempo, Chillout, Dubstep and beyond.
Welcome to the extension loop pack made from our preset release of the same name, bringing the undulating, lush and distinctive sound of the presets to those who don’t have the required software.
Carefully unscrew the casing of this delicate sound pack and you’ll find 53 warm, saturated synth loops that refuse to stay still. Pulsing with energy and glowing with sonic life, Dust Road’s basslines, pad progressions, synth parts and leads have been gently processed, edited and hand-formatted to deliver only the utmost quality and performance.
As well as the loops, this collection includes 50 accompanying MIDI files so you can layer and edit each pattern with consummate ease. Grab more than a handful of sandy, sifting sound and take the Dust Road to the heart of your music!
Dust Road – Massive Vintage Loops features
- 53 Synth Loops (basslines, pads, synths and leads).
- 50 accompanying MIDI Loops.
- Acid WAV, Apple Loops & REX2 format options.
- 100% royalty-free.
The sample pack costs £7 GBP.
More information: ModeAudio / Dust Road – Massive Vintage Loops
Sample Magic has announced Vintage Breaks Vol. 4, a collection of 101 breaks.
Our Vintage Breaks beatsmiths ratchet up the tempo and return with a blistering selection of live breakbeats built for everything from big-room breaks and liquid D&B to old school jungle, hardcore and rave.
Whilst previous Vintage Breaks editions have been a popular goldmine of authentic-sounding breakbeat material to pitch up, cut up and mangle into D&B beats, this 4th volume focusses solely on the 150-178pbm range.
Some beats were recorded at a lower speed then pitched up in classic jungle style, others were played live at D&B speed for the organic live drum sound associated with the seminal Hospital and London Elektricity sound.
The sample pack is available for £16.90 GBP.
More information: Sample Magic / Vintage Breaks Vol. 4
LSR audio has released version 1.2 of its WARMultipress vintage multi-band compressor plug-in for Windows and Mac.
WARMultiband features 3 bands, with adjustable cross-over frequencies.
Changes in WARMultipress v1.2
- Support for AAX native for ProTools 11 (64-bit) and 10.3.6 (32-bit) on Mac and Windows.
- Better crossover filters.
- Improved ATR102 tape emulation.
- Better compression algorithm (progressive curve, fast reaction, soft overshoot).
- Better performances.
WARMultipress for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for purchase for $89 USD. The update is free to registered users.
More information: LSR Audio / WARMultipress