Wave Alchemy has introduced Digital Revolution, an upcoming drum machine instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
An early screenshot of the instruments GUI of Digital Revoltion.
Since the release and subsequent update of Transistor Revolution MKII we have been busy behind the scenes working on a brand new instrument which is inspired by the classic digital drum machines of the past…
Powered by ‘Revolution Engine’ technology our forthcoming Digital Revolution virtual instrument puts vintage digital drum sounds from the 1980′s at your fingertips.
We have faithfully captured the unique sound of 9 iconic digital drum machines spanning from 1980 to 1989, including all sample variations of the original drum machines, tune, decay and various other settings. Each drum sound has also been re-sampled multiple times through an iconic ‘grey’ 12-bit sampler to allow for real-time re-sample/grit modes which can easily be selected from the instrument interface.
Digital Revolution features
- 9 classic digital drum machines and 3 bonus analogue machines.
- New ‘Character Mode’ allowing real-time selection of Lo-Fi (re-sampled), Hi-Fi and Original sound sources.
- Sequence patterns quickly and easily using the ‘Revolution Engine’ step sequencer.
- Mix and match drum sounds from 12 iconic drum machines in real-time and dynamically browse any available sound either by machine or drum voice.
- Assign the same percussion sound to multiple voices to quickly play and sequence melodic patterns.
- Easy synchronization with any host or DAW.
More information: Wave Alchemy
The Drum Broker has launched The Synth Immaculate 2, a sample pack by MSXII Sound Design featuring the sounds of vintage synthesizers.
True to it’s roots, The Synth Immaculate 2 boast an incredible canvas of analog + (digital bonus) goodness! If you’ve wondered why your software just can’t get you that grit from synths, it’s because it’s not the real thing. All pros no why there simply is no replacement for the vintage analog pieces of the 60s, 70s, and 80s.
We’ve taken the time to hand select samples from our favorite pieces such as the Prophet T8, Prophet VS, Sequential Circuits Six Trak, + more and brought it to your sample environment. This kit, along with the original Synth Immaculate, is designed for the tweaker. If you love importing sounds, manipulating them, and turning them into your own masterpieces, then this kit is for you!
The Synth Immaculate 2 features
- 16bit .wav format of hand-selected sounds from vintage keyboards (Prophet T8, Prophet VS, Sequential Circuits Six Trak + more).
- No added compression, limiting, or coloring of sound to preserve original state.
- Raw grit and low-end harmonics on held sample notes.
- Royalty free patches organized by instrument.
- Bonus E-MU Mo-Phatt & Access Virus sounds.
The sample pack is available from the Drum Broker for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / The Synth Immaculate 2
Steinberg has announced the release of Sounds of Soul, a new soundset which adds to the sound library of Retrologue with classic synthesizer sounds influenced by the soul, disco, funk and R’n’B genres between the 1970s and 2000s.
“After Vintage Classics for Retrologue, we bring to you Sounds of Soul, a smorgasbord of landmark synth sounds you’re very likely to have heard in more than one past production,” commented Matthias Quellmann, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
The Sounds of Soul VST Sound Instrument Set boasts over 400 presets, celebrating legendary synthesizer sounds of the soul, disco and funk era as heard in the 1970s, R’n’B induced pop from the 1980s and the hip-hop styles of the 1990s and 2000s.
Created by Dave Polich, sound designer and programmer for many high-profile artists and major manufacturers, Sounds of Soul provides a beautiful blend of synthesizer sounds highly revered by musicians of all stripes.
Sounds of Soul is available to purchase for 29.99 EUR including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / Sounds of Soul
Patchbanks has launched Low End Theory Vol.3, a new collection of classic soul grooves.
Patchbanks presents the final collection of our Low End Theory series with another 25 original royalty-free compositions of classic soul grooves, that includes instrument recordings of vintage keys, organs, strings, synths, live bass and guitars, plus many more sounds that are fully mixed and ready for sampling.
If you enjoyed volume one and two, this one certainly completes this series with a nice touch.
Low End Theory Vol.3 features
- Compositions: 25 Samples (Mixed Stereo)
- File Type: Wav
- Music Styles: Hip Hop, Classic, Soul
The sample pack is available to purchase for $19.95 USD.
More information: Patchbanks / Low End Theory Vol.3
SoundToys has launched a Little PrimalTap contest, a chance to get a free copy of the Little PrimalTap vintage digital delay plug-in.
Inspired by the classic Prime Time*, Little PrimalTap captures the highly distinctive sonic imprint of this quirky, and well-loved vintage digital delay in a totally free-zy little plug-in. But you have to act now. Offer ends March 28th 2014.
AND you also have a chance to win more cool stuff by giving the free plug-in to your friends. You might even win the grand prize: “Plugged-In”, free SoundToys for Life.
Entrants to the contest need a valid “Sharing Code”, which were handed out to attendees of “Plugged-In”, the 2014 SoundToys SXSW party. The deadline for entering the contest is March 28th, 2014.
More information: SoundToys / Little PrimalTap
Related: audio interface
, channel strip
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Universal Audio
Posted in news
on Mar 13, 2014 - 0 comments
Universal Audio has announced new Analog Classics plug-in bundles for its award-winning Apollo interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator cards.
Building upon the original Analog Classics bundle — which is still offered on select UAD-2 titles— the reconfigured Analog Classics line adds new industry-leading analog emulation plug-ins such as the 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ Plug-In to new Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 PCIe and Satellite DSP Accelerator Cards.
2014 Analog Classics Bundle Lineup for UAD-2 and Apollo
- Analog Classics Bundle (Free with new UAD-2 PCIe SOLO/DUO and Satellite DUOs) – Featuring legacy versions of UA’s flagship 1176 and Teletronix LA-2A compressors and the Pultec EQP-1A and Pultec Pro equalizers, the Analog Classics bundle also features the popular RealVerb Pro and CS-1 channel strip.
- Analog Classics Plus Bundle (Free with new UAD-2 PCIe QUAD/OCTO and Satellite QUADs) – This new bundle includes all of the plug-ins in the Analog Classics bundle, plus the new 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, legacy Fairchild 670 Compressor, and UA Precision Enhancer Hz plug-ins.
- Realtime Analog Classics Bundle (Free with new Apollo Twin SOLO/DUOs) – The new Realtime Analog Classics bundle features all of the plug-ins in the Analog Classics bundle plus UA’s new 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ plug-in and vintage guitar and bass amp emulations from Softube — both of which work seamlessly with Apollo’s onboard Realtime UAD processing.
- Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle (Free with new Apollo DUO/QUAD and Apollo 16s) – This new bundle includes all of the plug-ins in the Realtime Analog Classics bundle, plus the legacy Fairchild 670 Compressor and UA Precision Enhancer Hz plug-ins.
More information: Universal Audio
The Loop Loft has announced Funk Essentials Vol 3, a new collection of 228 drum loops.
Funk Essentials Volume 3 takes an old school approach to funk drums, infusing the soul of classic Stax and Motown tracks with the fat, warm, vintage tones of Universal Audio and API preamps.
Each session was recorded utilizing different drum kits, cymbals and mics, resulting in five distinct “vibes” of both loops and samples. Whether you’re dragging and dropping the grooves into your DAW or programing your own beats with the samples, you’ll have the vintage and authentic funk drum sound that has been sought after for decades.
The sample pack costs $29 USD.
More information: The Loop Loft / Funk Essentials Vol 3