Odo Synths has released Dream 64, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Dream 64 is not an sid emulator just a plugin that can recreate sounds that are used in chip-music
Its inspired on the SID chip from the old but good commodore c64 Of course with some extra features for the fun
Dream 64 features
- 5 Sequencers with 8 steps; All sequencers have a start and end loop but start always at step one.
- Every sequencer has its own BPM rate or all have one Free Rate (manual).
- 1 Wavetable sequencer with audio on/off (gate effect).
- 2 Arp sequencer notes from C to C3 and one C4 note.
- 3 Extra octave sequencer.
- 4 Ring modulation sequencer notes from C to C3 and one C4 note.
- 5 Filter sequencer.
- Oscillator with 4 waveforms and ring modulation mode.
- Waves are saw triangle pulse noise. The noise is very special it can be pitched by key or fixed. Fixed is nice for percussion effects. Also you can pitch it on the GUI. Octaves from -3 to 2.
- Ring modulation oscillator notes from C to C3 and one C4 note.
- 2 LFOs with 21 waveforms BPM rates and free (manual).
- The LFOs can start at gate/free/first (first=host sync/Start when you hit play).
- Destinations of the LFOs are pitch/pulse/ring osc and Filter.
- 2 modulation envelopes (with BPM re-trigger).
- Destinations Pitch/pulse/ring modulation.
- Filter Envelope can be switched to the filter sequencer.
- Filters lowpass/hipass/bandpass/low and hipass/band and hipass/band and lowpass.
- Random for most of the controls.
- Rest most of the controls.
- Double click is reset for most of the controls.
- An extra nice feature a BPM MIDI arp. It’s nice in combination with the sequencers when the MIDI arp is set on low BPM rate (look at the presets with the name MIDI ARP xxxx. There’s also a free (manual rate) for the MIDI arp, but if the free rate to high you only hear the first step of the sequencers.
- Total of 109 presets so even if you don’t understand the plugin it’s useful.
The Dream 64 plug-in for Windows (VST) is a free download.
More information: Odo Synths
Samplephonics has announced the release of Nevo Analogue Machines, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Our goal was to create something as close to the analogue sound as possible, and keep it simple, functional, and straight to the point. We wanted all sounds to be solid and ready to use. Put simply, we wanted it to sound HUGE!
And we think we’ve done it! We’re extremely proud of this hybrid synth and have found it an incredible experience to build, and to use. A big thanks to Yoad Nevo for his expert synth advise and programming, and to everyone else involved in the production of this, especially Phil from Samplephonics, whose attention to detail and scripting expertise has enabled this idea to become a reality.
Nevo Analogue Machines features
- Over 17,000 sampled analogue waveforms from a Mini Moog, JX10, SH-101, Oberheim M6R, Juno 106 and a Korg MS10.
- Over 1,000 presets.
- Multiple round robin layers.
- Analogue style sequencer, arpeggiator, chord generator, custom stereo and chorus effects, envelopes, LFO’s and more!
- Custom Kontakt 5 Interface, Logic Pro channel strip presets and a Reason Refil (available to download separately).
- All sounds are 100% royalty free and available to use instantly.
The sample library is available to purchase for £89 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics / Nevo Analogue Machines
Samplephonics has released Acoustic Soul Sessions, a collection of guitar loops.
Acoustic Soul Sessions contains a stunning collection of beautiful acoustic guitar loops, recorded through a vintage analogue chain and expertly played by session guitarist Chris Sharkey. This guy knows a thing or two about how to play the guitar!
The sample library pack contains over 250 loops and samples in 24 Bit wav, split over 5 tempos from 70bpm to 120bpm, in a variety of laid back styles, perfect for soulful rnb, singer songwriter, folk, chillout, hip hop and pop. Samples are grouped together so they can be easily layered, or used individually as required.
The sample library costs £34.70 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics / Acoustic Soul Sessions
Overloud has released version 1.5 of its SpringAge spring reverb simulation for Windows and Mac.
Based on a mixed convolution and algorithmic technology, Overloud SpringAge can give the advantages of the two worlds. If you have never been able to get the real tone and dynamic of a spring reverb out of a plugin, then you need to check it out.
With three spring models, taken from the most standard and acclaimed vintage and modern gears, SpringAge always gives the perfect tone on any kind of instrument, ranging from guitars to vocals, keyboards and synthesizer.
Changes in SpringAge v1.5
- New additional spring model aimed to recreate the ’60s and ’70s old school harmonic tone. It is great for drums and for dub and reggae styles.
- Full preset manager to organize your own presets and share them among different host applications.
The SpringAge plug-in is on sale for 57 EUR / $77 USD. The update is free to SpringAge users.
More information: Overloud / SpringAge
HyperSynth has announced Xenophone, an advanced analog mono synthesizer with 100% analog signal path.
It has three oscillators, two subs, three ring modulators, one multimode VCF and analog distortion, all based on discrete analog circuits followed by a high quality stereo digital delay and reverb. The extensive modulation capabilities of the sound engine plus the warm and unique character of Xen’s filter enriched by built-in analog distortion make it ideal for creating deep basses, aggressive leads, transparent and crisp synth lines, acid sequences, complex arpeggios, punchy percussive sounds, extreme SFXs and more. Besides the synthesis capabilities, it can be used as a powerful audio processor to colorize an external input signal by analog filter, distortion and DFX.
Xenophone has a rigid Aluminum enclosure that comes with a pair of vintage style hand-made wooden side panels made out of maple wood in two options: flat and tilted.
The box connects to the outside world using 2x balanced outputs (stereo), 1x headphone jack, 1x external input, 1x CV input, MIDI in/out, USB and DC power in.
Xenophone comes with a software editor called: XEditor. Using this editor you can control and automate every parameter of the sound engine remotely via MIDI and storing your patches on your PC and vice versa. It also helps you in deep and precise editing the patches. XEditor will be available as standalone and VST plug-in.
Xenophone is expected to be available in Q1 2014. Pricing and release date TBA.
More information: HyperSynth / Xenophone