Yuvi Gerstein has announced Space Guitars Vol.1, a free sample pack featuring guitar samples.
Space Guitars is a new sample pack written recorded and mixed by music producer Yuvi Gerstein at the slick studio.
The pack contains original samples recorded using a classic vintage Roland space echo RE-150 and some really good guitars and mics.
The sample pack (88.2Khz/24bit .Wav) is a free download.
More information: Yuvi Gerstein / Space Guitars Vol.1
Drum Broker has announced Weiss Drums: The Maio Collection, a sample pack featuring a collection of drum samples by Mathew Weiss.
The Drum Broker has teamed up with another dope sound designer & engineer to bring you another top notch drum collection from Matthew Weiss, ‘The Maio Collection’.
“Growing up on 90s Hip-Hop, I fell in love with the texture and character of drums that were chopped from breaks and programmed in vintage samplers. But around the late 90s, early 2000s, synthetic drums became the popular sound: cleaner, crisper, harder-hitting.
My goal is to reinvent the sound that I remember in a new way and make natural acoustic drums sound as unique and crisp as synthetic drums.” – Mathew Weiss
Weiss Drums: The Maio Collection features
- Over 150 unique drum sounds were carefully crafted from a selection of over a thousand acoustic one shots.
- Includes 31 snares, 29 kicks, 46 cymbals, 44 hi-hats, 9 percussion, and 4 toms.
- Professionally recorded through a vintage API Console into a Studer A820 tape machine at 15ips.
- Meticulously processed using a combination of studio staples and gear designed by Matt to give these drums their unique sound.
- .WAV — 24-Bit/44 kHz format.
The sample pack is available from the Drum Broker for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / Weiss Drums: The Maio Collection
The Drum Broker has introduced !llmind x SoundAssociation BLAP KIT: Electric Guitar Liqs, a new sample pack by Illmind and SoundAssociation.
“The electric guitar is undoubtedly one of the greatest instruments of our generation. Its textures and capabilities are near endless. From classic rock, to soul and funk, pop, disco, hip-hop, country and everything in between, this instrument often plays front and center.
Nowadays, there are hundreds of VSTs and software patches available (some of which are really amazing) that emulate the electric guitar. Still, none of them compare to the feel and complexity of the real thing. For this very reason, I’ve partnered with my good friends & amazing musicians, SoundAssociation, to create a well-rounded, unique set of electric guitar riffs.
Everything from dark 80 bpm muted riffs, to funky, light-hearted grooves at 100 bpm, we’ve created a set that draws from all of our influences. For most music producers who don’t play the guitar, it’s difficult to create human textures that no software plug-in can manipulate or duplicate. Our focus was to approach these riffs in the most “human-like” way. They are perfect to use as starting points or later additions to your productions, and are sure to spark a multitude of ideas.” – !llmind
Electric Guitar Liqs features
- 80 audio files containing 24 complete guitar riffs in 24-bit/44 Stereo WAV format.
- All 24 guitar riffs were played on a 1969 Fender Stratocaster, 1999 Gibson Les Paul Standard (Vintage Amps: Fender Deluxe Reverb, Hiwatt Custom 100, Orange OR100, Lineage: Shure SM 57 -> Neve 1073 -> RME Fireface UFX)
- Guitar riffs vary, from dark 80 bpm muted riffs, to light-hearted 100 bpm funky textures & tons more!
- Guitar riffs include BPMs + DRY and WET versions for maximum use, easy looping & creative flow! The possibilities are endless.
- Compatible with all standard DAWs & samplers that use .WAV formatting.
- NO compression or saturation/flat “pancake” sounds.
- Carefully mastered “under-zero”. NO nasty “digital-clipping” & plenty of headroom.
- ALL SOUNDS are completely royalty-free!
- Includes BONUS material (Maj7 Arps up + down entire scale & cool slide effects!)
- Credits: !llmind, Josh Churgin (Producer), Mitch Conwell (Producer), Atlas Gonzalez (Producer), Jared Scot (Composer, Producer), Craig Weinberg (Composer, Producer, Engineer).
The sample pack is available to purchase for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / BLAP KIT: Electric Guitar Liqs
Back In Time Records has announced version 2.0 of ManyOne Deluxe, adding 31 new multisample instruments (212 MB) and presets to the virtual instrument library for Windows and Mac.
Back to the roots – this easy handling sample-based synthesizer is a pleasure to work with. Equipped with a huge 4.2 GB sample library and over 450 Presets with a clear focus on the 70s and 80s vintage synthesizers plus EPs, Clavinet and Piano. Handpicked samples taken from all the legends: Yamaha CS80, Minimoog, Korg MonoPoly and MS20, Yamaha DX7II Centenntial, Minimoog and many more. Also included are the famous string ensembles like the Solina, the tape-based Mellotron with it’s Choirs, Flutes and Violins. Synth Leads, Basses, Pads and each one is a great sound.
It comes with vintage E-Pianos too: CP80, Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Clavinet and even the famous DX7 EP. And legendary tone-wheel organs!
The clear and straight back to the roots handling concept: Just one page, no menus or subpages. Select a sound and play it, that’s it. If you want to change something to make the sound even more suitable to your music you don’t need to read dozens of owner’s manual pages – the entire parameter set is visible with one view. A helpful extra sound design tutorial is included though. Finally you can concentrate on your music instead of learning overfeatured parameter monsters and how they work.
ManyOne Deluxe for Windows and Mac (VST) is available to purchase for 79 EUR. The update is free for existing ManyOne Deluxe users.
More information: Back In Time Records / ManyOne Deluxe
, Binary Music
Posted in news
on Feb 14, 2014 - 0 comments
Binary Music has announced a Valentine’s Day Sale, offering 40% off its sample libraries for a limited time.
Welcome to Binary Music. We produce sample libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt, Ableton Live, Apple Logic and Propellerheads Reason.
From vintage analogue classics like the ARP Odyssey or Solina, to digital classics such as the Ensoniq SQ80 or Yamaha TX81Z. Every single sample is professionally recorded and edited with care and attention to detail.
The sale ends February 14th, 2014.
More information: Binary Music
Rhythmic Robot has introduced Lambda, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt featuring the sounds of the Korg Lambda ES50 poly-synthesizer.
Main panel of the Lambda sample library for Kontakt.
The original Lambda, produced in 1979, was a preset-based synthesiser with genuine polyphony, two banks of preset tabs, and some unusual (and musically useful) touches like two filter circuits, one dedicated to the Brass patch; a separate key-click control for the Electric Piano patch; a global filter; and, unusually for its time, a stereo “chorus-phase” effect which output on twin jacks. This stereo effect, plus detunable oscillators in the synth section, gave the Lambda a typically rich, thick analogue sound and made it a coveted classic.
The Rhythmic Robot version builds on the capabilities of the original but allows the user to switch in a “vintage” mode, restricting the software to the hardware’s behaviour, for creating authentic patches. The more modern updates to the original include resonance on the global filter circuit, a full ADSR amp envelope, a dedicated AR envelope for the percussive sounds, a battery of additional vintage-style effects, velocity sensitivity and individual level trims for the preset patches – allowing combinations of sound impossible on the original.
- The rich, fluid tone of the Korg Lambda analogue synthesiser.
- Vintage Mode: absolute authenticity, restricting controls and features to those present on the original hardware.
- Contemporary Mode: advanced flexibility with individual instrument-level control, for sounds not possible on the original.
- 738 24-bit samples of every Lambda tone and all its variations: 2.4Gb total.
- Includes 30 factory presets covering basses, pads, synths and keys.
- Individual control over instrument levels allows sound-blending for rich, luxurious sounds.
- Stereo Chorus-Phase effect sampled from the original machine: lush, swirling and complex.
- A selection of vintage-style effects including Phaser, Leslie speaker, Amp Cab simulator and Reverb.
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of £29.95 GBP (RRP £34.95 GBP). Requires full version Kontakt version 4.2.3 or higher.
More information: Rhythmic Robot / Lambda
Tone2 Audiosoftware has released Classic FM, a soundset for the Nemesis software synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
Taking you back to a decade of incredible dance and party music when cassette tapes and power chords ruled the world.
Classic FM features 200 inspiring presets with the unique tones and character of the famous FM hardware, like the DX7, that defined the 80s. A delight for those looking to add that classic FM vibe.
Characteristic synths, emotional electric pianos, DX-style vintage bass, cutting leads, unique pads, retro-ish bells and expressive keys & organs.
Classic FM features
- 200 superb presets.
- Can replace expensive vintage FM hardware.
- Comfortable installation.
- Perfect integration into the user interface.
- Created by professional sound designers.
- All sounds are properly programmed and do not contain samples. This gives you the complete dynamic range and highest possible sound quality.
The soundset is available to purchase for 39 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: Tone2 / Classic FM
The Drum Broker has announced the release of The Joe Deeraty – Dirt On Drums and Original Compositions, a new drum kit sample pack from MSXII Sound Design.
With quality at the forefront of every project, MSXII has once again separated itself from the rest with this most superb installment! The Joe Deertay is all new original compositions & breaks, both colored and warmed up with vintage Akai hardware.
The sound of The Joe Deertay just FEELS good…almost as if it belongs in your sampler. Live drums, bass, organ, Fender Rhodes 73, Polymoog, and meticulously manipulated instruments & techniques have gone into the creation of this kit.
Dirt On Drums and Original Compositions features
- High-Quality 16bit .wav original compositions & drum breaks.
- Resampled drum breaks via vintage Akai S3000xl hardware for added texture, feel, & character.
- Hand selected, chopped REX files for quick inspiration included as bonus.
- Royalty free MSXII compositions ready for slicing, flipping, and recreation.
- Instrumentation includes live P-bass, live drums, Fender Rhodes 73, Polymoog, Moog Little Phatty, Violin, Piano + more.
The sample pack is available to purchase for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / The Joe Deertay