Aria Sounds has announced the release of Aria Violinist, a virtual solo violin instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
This violin Kontakt instrument was recorded in the same brilliant hall as our solo cellist, so not only does the quality of the sound uphold, but it also workd together seamlessly with the cello, as they sound in the same space.
The violinist recording these samples has full control and musicality over their instrument, and it comes through in these samples when they are played. Each note was played and recorded with care and attention, and likewise, later programmed to bring out the best in the samples in use through Kontakt sampling.
Aria Violinist features
- 3 Dynamic levels with alternating up and down bowing for ultra natural sound.
- True specifically recorded legato intervals between notes, also programmed for maximum playability.
- Staccato and legato playability.
- Crossfading dynamics via mod wheel or MIDI CC1.
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of £15 GPB for a limited time (RRP £30 GBP). Requires full version of Kontakt 5 or higher.
More information: Aria Sounds / Aria Violinist
8Dio Productions has announced the release of Adagietto, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Adagietto is a compilation of the gorgeous Ensemble Strings from our Adagio Series.
We hand-picked, reprogrammed and polished our favorite ensemble articulations and the end-result is an incredibly flexible, playable and expressive string library. In essence you have the full string ensemble (Violins, Violas, Cellos and Basses) all at your finger tips in one patch.
In addition Adagietto contains individual string sections of all patches, so you can isolated each string section when/if needed. The whole thing just works. No hassle.
- Full Ensemble String Section.
- Individual String Sections for Violins, Violas, Cellos & Basses.
- 12.2GB / 18.735 Samples.
- Direct download / Cloud Server System.
Adagietto is available to purchase for the introductory price of $349 USD until February 1st, 2014 (regular $399 USD).
More information: 8Dio / Adagietto
8Dio has announced the release of Free Angels, updates to Adagio Violins and Adagio Cellos, and the upcoming Adagietto & Zeus Drums instrument libraries.
Hey there fellow sample connoisseur – and welcome to 8Dio’s annual 25 Days of Christmas tradition. We have a rather ambitious lineup this year comprised of new releases, free gifts, essential Adagio updates, artist interviews and a massive surprise.
We are kicking December off with no less then 4 major announcements.
New at 8Dio
- Free Angels – Partially created by 100+ sound designers and partially created in-house by 8DIO. A complimentary product added to ANY 8Dio purchase over 50$ made between December 3-25th 2013.
- Adagio Violins and Cellos 1.5 Free Update – A new three-layered multi-purpose legato system that just works. The system allows you to play with both slur/portamento, medium to fast legato without using key-switches. The design contains three unique legato types that are triggered based on your velocity (Emotional Slur Legato, Village Legato and Instinct Legato). The updates also contain overall fixes to the general legatos – a bunch of minor bug fixes and improved functionality with Apple Logic environment. The Adagio 1.5 updates for Violins and Cellos will be released mid-December and is free for all current Violin, Cello and Adagio Bundle owners.
- Adagietto and Zeus (coming in December) – Adagietto is a powerful, easy-to-use, full string ensemble set based on 8Dio’s deep-sampled and highly expressive Adagio String Series coming December 16th. Adagietto is the bread-and-butter of Adagio.
The Zeus Drum Kit is one of the most detailed sampled high-end drum kits ever done utilizing 8Dio’s new custom flow note technology.
More information: 8Dio
Patchpool has announced the release of MetaVox, a sound library for the Alchemy sample manipulation synthesizer by Camel Audio.
MetaVox for Alchemy is build around the exceptional overtone and throat singing of Gareth Lubbe, a true master of his craft. As Gareth is actually a professional orchestral viola player this library also contains several patches with viola sounds, the viola being a string instrument with a great resemblance to the human voice. During the recording session we also recorded duets of Gareth singing and playing the viola at the same time, these sample make for some more beautiful and wondrous sounds in Alchemy.
There are also patches with female vocals, using samples which were recorded during a recent session with Frauke Albert, a renown German vocalist (soprano), working mainly in the field of contemporary music.
As an additional string instrument some sounds also use violin samples, another instrument which has a very voice-like character and blends beautifully with the vocals sounds in this library.
- 1.8 Gigabyte of original samples (wav) and resynthed files (.aaz).
- 56 patches with 8 variations each in Alchemy’s Remix Pad, all Performance Controllers and both x/y-pads are assigned for each patch.
- All samples in this library were recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in L-C-R in 48 Khz/24 Bit, a U87 as the center mic – a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R.
- Requires full version of Alchemy (version 1.55 and higher). It does not work with the Alchemy player version.
MetaVox is available to purchase for 36 EUR.
More information: Patchpool / MetaVox
Simple Sam Samples has released Signor Paganini Solo Violin, a virtuosic solo violin library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Signor Paganini is the only virtual solo violin that can convincingly execute extremely fast playing with ease. Unlike any other virtual solo string instrument, the Kontakt interface allows users to apply EQ controls to each individual string, creating unsurpassed abilities for tonal and timbral shaping.
Ideal for film and classical applications, Signor Paganini Solo Violin was patterned after one of the most famous Stradivari violins created: the 1727 “Paganini” Strad. Virtuoso violinist, Nicolò Paganini, purchased the instrument in 1817 for a mere $128. The instrument is now worth over 5 million dollars! Possessing a brilliant and strong tone accurately emulated by the virtual instrument, Paganini himself declared, “This violin has a tone as big as a double bass; never will I part with it as long as I live.” He never did.
Featuring an extended sampled range almost an octave beyond similar solo violin sample libraries, the designers of Signor Paganini sought to retain many of the subtle nuances and “auditory cues” that define the performance of a great virtuoso violinist, from subtle attack sounds to natural releases.
Signor Paganini Solo Violin features
- 600 Samples (standard pcm wav).
- 1 .nki files (unlocked format).
- 105 MB installed.
- 24 bit / 44.1kHz stereo PCM wav format.
- Format(s): Kontakt 5 .nki and pcm .wav.
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of $14.95 USD until July 22nd, 2013 (regular $44.95 USD). Requires Kontakt v4.2.4+ full version. Kontakt 5.1+ required for some advanced features.
More information: Simple Sam Samples / Signor Paganini Solo Violin
Embertone has announced its upcoming Friedlander Violin Kontakt 5 Player sample library.
We set out to create a virtual violin with malleable, intuitive controls, and an authentic, LIVING sound. From the beginning we wanted control over vibrato and dynamics, so we presented Dovid with an insane, almost athletic challenge: to record more than 3500 samples with musical purpose and a beautiful tone, and all WITHOUT VIBRATO! This gives you your own layer of expressivity… a variety of musical parameters at your fingertips so that you can craft and phrase authentic performances.
Friedlander Violin features
- Extensively sampled, living solo violin.
- Bow change + slur “true” legato.
- Speed-controlled portamentos.
- Vibrato control (intensity/speed/color).
- Real-time attack control of sustains.
- 3500+ unique samples.
- Scripted speed responsiveness.
- Staccatos RR X 8, 4 dynamic layers.
- Bow noise control.
- Custom-scripted ENSEMBLE mode.
- Made for the free Kontakt 5 Player.
The Friedlander Violin is available to pre-order for $110 USD until May 15th, 2013. The pre-order comes with a 20% discount off your next order at Embertone.
More information: Embertone / Friedlander Violin
Spitfire Audio has announced the release of Sable Volume 2, a string library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Spitfire are delighted to release the hotly anticipated second volume in our detailed new String library. Volume 2 contains the Violin 2 section (providing you with a smaller totally different group of violinists, sat in a different position to give you a true orchestral spread), Viola and Bass sections, and between volumes 1 and 2 you have an incredibly beautiful and dynamic, responsive collection of players.
Each section is fully controllable individually, and is recorded with 7 mic positions, through rare and classic mics in one of the greatest recording studios in the world, through Neve ‘Montserrat’ mic pres and then on through the Neve 88R onto tape, and finally through Prism converters into Protools at 96k. We present the library in Kontakt 4.2.4 and higher format (FULL VERSION OF KONTAKT REQUIRED) at 48k, 24bit.
The sample library is available to purchase for the introductory price of £299 GBP until May 14th, 2013 (regular £399 GBP). Prices ex VAT.
More information: Spitfire Audio / Sable Volume 2
FocuSounds has annouced Sweet Cello and Sweet Violin, two titles in the new Sweet Series of sample libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The concept behind the ‘Sweet Series’ instruments is simple: To create musical, scripted-legato patches that you can play “on-the-fly” with great results!
Sweet Cello / Violin features
- Gorgeous full-bodied cello / beautiful 1920 violin built in Paris by Emile L’Humbert.
- Recorded with world-class recording gear in a professional studio.
- Performed by a full-time, seasoned session musician in Los Angeles, California.
- Incorporates unique performance techniques that treats specifically to scripted legato.
- No static notes, each note breathes musically.
- Dynamics controlled by modwheel (CC#1) which controls both volume and filter.
- Patches that cater to a variety of musical applications/dynamics.
- Ultra-low RAM and CPU footprint.
- Patches include: Sultry, Dolce, Solo, Passion.
- Also includes direct-recorded, 4½ octave electric cello / electric violin.
The Sweet Cello and Violin libraries are available to purchase for $49 USD each.
More information: FocuSounds