Virtuasonic has released Choir Breath, a sample library consisting exclusively of choral breath samples, produced for composers that already own a choir library and are in search of tools for improving the impact of their MIDI mock-ups with additional details.
In the last years, choral samples have been captured with masterful perfection by different producers. A few of the most recent libraries have also implemented syllable duplication techniques and the ability to sing custom lyrics, but it is still a demanding task to create realistic MIDI mock-ups for films, TV and video games soundtracks.
When comparing a musical piece produced with choir samples with real performances, it’s easy to realized that breath is far more than a noise in this context. Musically speaking, it is a subtle but important detail that can make a difference in terms of realism.
Choir Breath features
- Mixed Choir, Women, Men, Young Choir.
- Close/Far presets (40 programs for Kontakt).
- Sampling rate: 24-bit / 44.1 KHz.
- Total size: 190 MBytes (over 420 samples).
- Formats: KONTAKT 2 / 3, WAV 24 bit.
Choir Breath is available as a digital download for 17.95 EUR (excl. VAT) / $24.95 USD.
Visit Virtuasonic for more information and audio demos.
Virtuasonic has released MIJOY PRO 3, a VSTi MIDI plug-in that allows you to use a joystick or gamepad as a MIDI controller.
MIJOY PRO 3 is a premium application designed to let you control virtual instruments, hardware synthesizers, samplers and effects processors in a more friendly and effective way, as well as opening up new possibilities of approaching them.
MIJOY PRO 3 features
- Support for multiple joysticks/gamepads (up to 8).
- up to 16 buttons and 2 direction pads.
- X, Y, Z, Slider1, Slider 2, Z-rotation.
- General On/Off and independent switch for axis X, Y, Z, Slider1, Slider 2 and Z-rotation.
- 2 axis types (cartesian, radial).
- Offset function with assignable minimum and maximum value for each MIDI controller.
- Two Output Modes (Sequencer/MIDI Port).
- Trigger function.
- Calibration settings (Smoothness and Center deadzone for X/Y axes).
- MIDI Thru (to mix different MIDI sources. For example, MIJOY PRO + Masterkeyboard.).
- Binary MIDI controller with assignable min/max (button 1 to 16 and direction pads).
- 2 Button Modes (Press/Release, Switch).
- List of standard MIDI controllers values included in the software package.
- MIDI messages assignable to X, Y, Z , Slider1, Slider 2 and Z-rotation: Control Change, Pitch Bend (7 bit), Program Change, Channel After Touch MIDI.
- messages and functions assignable independently to every joystick buttons and direction pads position: Control Change, MIDI Note, Pitch Bend, Program Change, Channel After Touch, idle (button1), Trigger.
- Independent MIDI Channel Setup for every axis, button and direction pads position.
MIJOY PRO 3 is available for Windows PC and works with USB or older joysticks (no need of joystick to MIDI cable adapters). It costs 22.45 UER (excl. VAT) / $34.95 USD. A demo version is available for download.
Visit Virtuasonic for more information.