vladg/sound has announced Nova-67P, a free equalizer/compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Nova-67P is a parallel parametric equalizer plugin combined with a compressor. The compressor can optionally operate in frequency dependent and split-band modes. In this case the plugin operates as a parallel dynamic equalizer.
Nova-67P is my submission to KVR Developer Challenge DC14! Okay, I didn’t have enough time to prepare truly “commercial looking” plugin but the concept is too cool to drop it away.
- 5 bands parallel equalizer with auto-gain.
- Optional high-pass and low-pass filters.
- Full-band frequency dependent and/or split-band compression.
- Side-chain filtering and pre-emphasis.
- Third-octave real-time spectrum analysis.
- External side-chain support.
- 64-bit internal processing.
- Hardcore UI style.
The plug-in is available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: vladg/sound / Nova-67P
Tokyo Dawn Records and Variety of Sound have released version 1.0.1 of SlickEQ, a free mixing/mastering equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Three (and a half) filter-bands arranged in a classic Low/Mid/High semi-parametric layout offer fast and intuitive access to four distinct EQ modes, each representing a set of distinct EQ curves and behaviors. An elaborate auto gain option automatically compensates for changes of perceived loudness during EQ operation. Optionally, SlickEQ allows to exclusively process either the stereo sum or stereo difference (i.e. “stereo width”) without additional sum/difference encoding.
Changes in SlickEQ v1.0.1
- New AAX Editions (experimental, Win32 AAX is not functional)
- Performance optimizations (+30% in some cases)
- Value-displays now accept “,” as decimal separator (in addition to “.”)
- Fixed rare denormal issues.
- User presets slots increased to 10.
- On a Mac, short-cut labels show “Cmd” instead of “Ctrl”.
- Preset code now uses the Plugin-name as root tag (the old format is still supported)
- Show parameter units in GUI-less mode.
- Fix in mac install script bug which prevented the creation of user presets.
The plugin is available as freeware for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX).
More information: SlickEQ
vladg/sound has updated its Molot compressor effect plug-in to version 0.3.1 and Limiter №6 was updated to version 1.0.2.
“Molot”: the compressor with character.
Changes in Molot v0.3.1
- Output and editing of numeric parameter values. (Editing not implemented in 32-bit AU version).
- Fixed wrong mode in some presets.
- Fixed filter used in linear phase oversampling mode.
- Added “dithering off” option.
- Fixed working with VstToRTAS.
- Added AU version.
- Added support for 10 times attack time scaling.
- Changed limiter code (based on Limiter No6).
The Limiter №6 effect plugin features a RMS compressor, peak limiter, high-frequency limiter, clipper & true peak limiter.
Changes in Limiter No6 v1.0.2
- Less intensive animation (to save CPU cycles).
- Stereo-linked mode in peak-limiter was significantly improved.
- Numeric parameter values now editable (excluding 32-bit AU version).
- Modes I-III of peak limiter were slightly changed.
- AU version added.
Both plug-ins are available to download as freeware.
More information: vladg/sound
, Developer Challenge
, effect plugins
, Tokyo Dawn Labs
Posted in news
on Nov 07, 2012 - 0 comments
Tokyo Dawn Labs and vladg/sound have collaborated to release the Proximity effect plug-in for Windows and Mac, as part of the KVR Developer Challenge 2012.
This plug-in is an easy to use distance “pan-pot” based on several psycho-acoustic models. The idea is to give mixing engineer a reliable tool which allows him to manipulate the “depth” of several sound sources in a straight forward and convincing manner.
Several models can be combined:
- Distance signal delay by speed of sound.
- Distance gain loss.
- Absorption of high-frequencies in air.
- Stereo width manipulation.
- Proximity effect of virtual microphone.
- Distance based early reflections.
All of them can be turned on and off to taste. Distance modulation options extend the creative possibilities even further. Units can be switched from metric (meters) to imperial (inches).
Proximity is available in 32 and 64-bits versions for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
Tokyo Dawn Records has also announced it is working on also working on a major “TDR Feedback Compressor II” update and a new “TDR Sibilance Controller” plug-in.
TDR Sililance Controller vocal de-esser effect plugin.
This is a dedicated vocal de-esser designed for precise and unobtrusive reduction of offending sibilance.
The concept is based on accurate band extraction via linear phase filters (either bell or shelf shaped) and a highly specialized, level-independent sibilance detection algorithm.
Two modes are available, full-band and split-band.
More information: Tokyo Dawn Labs / Proximity
Related: Blue Cat
, effect plugins
, GTG Synths
, Inear Display
, instrument plugins
, Minimal System Instruments
, Plugin Boutique
, Variety Of Sound
Posted in news
on Aug 27, 2012 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique has announced the launch of its new Free Plugins Area, offering instrument and effect plug-ins from various developers.
Featuring all types of plugins including Bit Crushers, Chorus, Delay, Filters, Distortion, EQ, Drum Machines, Flangers, Gates, Limiters, Phasers, Modulators, Synths, Mastering Tools and much more including charts to show you the most downloaded and top rated.
Once you are signed up at the site you simply select the plugins you want and they are added to your account to download, and what’s more you will also be notified when any of them are updated so you always have the most current versions of them on your computer. If you have the time you can also rate the plugins on a variety of merits in order to help fellow producers choose the best plugins for themselves.
Currently the new free area has plugins from companies including Inear Display, 7air Media, Vladgsound, Distorque, Sinevibes, Melda, Variety of Sound, Softrave, Blue Cat Audio, Minimal System Instruments, GTG Synths and many more.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Free Plugins Area
vladg/sound has announced version 1.0 of the Limiter №6, a free mastering limiter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
This plugin is unique combination of slow RMS-compressor, peak limiter, high-frequency limiter, oversampled clipper and inter-sample limiter. The idea of this combination is “gain staging” when each stage used a little to make a most clean sound.
This is not a plugin with 1 knob and smart brain inside, which allow making your mix 0 dB RMS. All settings are manual and there’re a lot of knobs.
Limiter №6 offer high quality dynamics signal processing for mastering purposes.
Limiter №6 features
- 5 modules: RMS compressor, Peak limiter, High-frequency limiter, Clipper, True peak limiter.
- High-quality signal processing to use for mastering purposes.
- Brickwall and soft limiting with different timing settings.
- M/S and multiband modes.
- Optional 4x oversampling.
- True inter-sample peaks (ISP) limiting.
- Analog-style indication.
- 2 different GUIs.
The effect plugin is available to download as freeware for Windows and Mac (VST).
More information: vladg/sound
vladg/sound has updated its Molot freeware compressor effect plug-in to version 0.3.
Molot: the compressor with character
Changes in Molot v0.3
- VU-meter calibrated for -18 dBFS, 300 ms.
- “Oversampling” default value in presets now automatically scaled down for the projects
- with high sample rates.
- Current settings can be saved as “Default” preset parameters.
- External stereo sidechain support (from inputs 3, 4) added.
- “1/10″ multiplier parameter added to set very short attack and release times.
- Numeric parameter values now can be seen.
- Linear phase oversampling support added.
Molot for Windows (VST) is available as a free download.
More information: vladg/sound / Molot