Togu Audio Line has released version 1.0 of TAL-Vocoder-2, a freeware vocoder effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
TAL-Vocoder is a vintage vocoder emulation with 11 bands that emulates the sound of vocoders from the early 80’s. It includes analog modeled components in combination with digital algorithms such as the SFFT (Short-Time Fast Fourier Transform).
Changes in TAL-Vocoder-2 v1.0
- Chorus effect added.
- Faster clipping response.
- Better readable font.
TAL-Vocoder-2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to download at no cost.
More information: Togu Audio Line / TAL-Vocoder-2
Waldorf has announced Lector, a new vocoder plugin.
Robot voices, whispering strings, talking drum loops, rhythmic pads, the resonant ringing of bells, dripping water – the possibilities are all but infinite. With a quick tweak here and there, the Lector turns any incoming signal into novel sounds and effects
Tremendously versatile, the Lector puts in your hands a sonic toolset for a wide range of diverse applications. Just about anything goes, from distorting the human voice to adding subtle harmonies to lead vocals and getting creative with movie soundtracks.
- 3 to 100 band Vocoder.
- Adjustable range of Analysis Filter Bank.
- Adjustable offsets and LFO modulation of Synthesis Filter Bank.
- 3-band Equalizer with variable mid band.
- Individual Compressors for Speech and Carrier signal.
- Voiced / Unvoiced Detector.
- Overdrive (types Tube, Diode, Clip).
- Stereo Chorus / Flanger, 2 to 6 stages.
- Stereo Delay, syncronizable.
- Sidechain input (VST 3 and Audio Unit).
- Carrier plug-in (VST 2).
- 16-voice Synthesizer (per voice):
- Polyphonic, Monophonic or Free-Running.
- 2 Oscillators, waveforms sine, triangle, sawtooth, pulse with pulse width modulation, sample&hold, noise, single and multi sample playback.
- Ring Modulation.
- Portamento / Glissando.
- 1 Filter, types Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass, Notch (12dB and 24dB), Whitening.
- 1 LFO, synchronizable, waveforms sine, triangle, sawtooth, square, sample&hold, noise.
- 2 AR envelopes.
Lector will be available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Waldorf / Lector
Togu Audio Line has released version 0.2 beta of TAL-Vocoder, a free vocoder effect for Windows and mac.
TAL-Vocoder is a vintage vocoder emulation with 11 bands that emulates the sound of vocoders from the early 80’s.
TAL-Vocoder v0.2 beta features
- 11 band vocoder engine.
- Internal carrier synth (pulse, saw, sub osc, noise, mono, poly, portamento, sync mode, tune).
- Possibility to route an external carrier signal.
- Harmonic control (adds more harmonics to any carrier signal).
- “Ess” enhancer for a clean understandable voice, also with a carrier that hasnt much high frequencies.
- Clip LED, glows if the input signal will be clipped.
- Panic button stops hanging notes within the synth.
- Documentation shows different routing possibilities.
- Low CPU usage.
TAL-Vocoder v0.2 beta is available to download as a freeware plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Togu Audio Line / TAL-Vocoder-2
GRM Tools has announced that they have partnered with DontCrac[k] to announce the awaited release of the GRM Tools VERSION 3 bundles.
Not only the famous “CLASSIC” and “SPECTRAL TRANSFORM” bundles have been totally re-writen from scratch and are now available in the RTAS – AU – VST and Standalone formats for Mac & PC but the folks at GRM Tools have designed an incredible set of new plug-ins called “EVOLUTION“.
The GRM Tools “EVOLUTION” bundle is perhaps the most original and unexpected piece of audio software made in the past decade. EVOLUTION allows powerful and unexpected spectral and harmonic audio transformations such as morphing, evolving textures, original “VOCODER” type effects, time shifted filters, sliding timbers, noising, etc. EVOLUTION can also be used as very subtle audio treatment effects in delicate processing situations.
Describing what “EVOLUTION” really does is pretty tough ! We therefore suggest you download the free demo (no iLok or authorization required) and experiment for yourself.
EVOLUTION might simply change the way Sound Designers, Engineers, Musicians or Composers will process audio in the future !!! GRM Tools therefore opened an official GRM Tools forum board at DontCrac[k] for users to post their comments, bug reports and experiences using these new “unconventional” audio tools.
Evolution is available to purchase as part of the GRM Tools Complete Collection at introductory price of $489 USD until Sunday, April 17, 2011. GRM Tools are sold and distributed exclusively by DontCrack.com as instant downloads.
More information: GRM Tools
, analyser and monitor
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, panning and spatial
Posted in news
on Mar 16, 2011 - 0 comments
Flux released version 1.1 of Ircam Tools, a plug-in bundle of next generation audio processors. All other Flux plug-ins have been updated to version 2.2.
The IRCAM Tools products express the result of over twenty years of fundamental research within the realms of music related digital signal processing.
First out, we present a series of products evolved from two major fields of technology, Acoustic & Cognitive Spaces, and Sound Analysis & Synthesis.
Changes in Flux plugins v2.2 / Ircam Tools 1.1
- Fix crash under Ableton Live, while reloading session containing at least one Flux:: plug-in.
- Fix Ableton Live CPU overload issue, force to 2/5 at max, to reduce CPU load.
- Fix Mac OS 10.4 Tiger compatibility issue with iLok driver.
- Fix Avid Protools Audiosuite latency incorrectly handled.
- Fix Verb reset issue upon Play/Stop.
- Generic: Fixed preset manager edit dialog issue.
- Generic: Fixed preset manager gui issue.
- Added the option “Report zero latency” to the VST version for Wavelab clip effects.
- Avira antivirus : Fixed virus detection.
- WARNING: Change spat source presence to source presence offset. Option is available to go back to the former mode. A reload of the complete host software is mandatory to take this change in account. Projects done with the former mode must be re-loaded with the Absolute mode enabled. (Ircam Tools only).
- Add pref for cartesian automation of coordinates in Spat, for a better handling with external controllers. Option is available to go back to the standard mode. A reload of the complete host software is mandatory to take this change in account. You should force the host to rescan the plug-in in order to take in account the new parameters. (Ircam Tools only).
More information: Flux / Ircam Tools
VirSyn has released version 2.1.1 of Matrix, a voice vocoder effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Inspired by the legendary VSM 201 Vocoder from Sennheiser we´ve spent MATRIX an additional Filter module modelling the analog Sound of the VSM.
But to make it even better we´ve extended the filter range by adding two additional filters for the high end and MATRIX got two Filterbanks for stereo operation.
Changes in Matrix v2.1.1
- AudioUnit: side chain input missing on some hosts e.g. Digital Performer.
- VST3: issues with AI Knob Interface fixed.
Matrix is currently available to purchase for 99 EUR (regular 199 EUR). The Matrix plug-in is also available in a bundle with an additional FX plug-in of your choice for 199 EUR.
Both offers are valid till March 20th 2011.
More information: VirSyn / Matrix
VirSyn has announced that iVoxel, the vocoder previously released for iOS, is now available for the Mac platform.
iVoxel is not only an amazingly sounding vocoder – the unique concept of iVoxel turns this vocoder into a singing machine. iVoxel is a combination of a voice optimized synthesizer and a vocoder.
The vocoder part is based on the Matrix vocoder from VirSyn used by many famous artists – one of them the well known german group Kraftwerk. The channel filters used by iVoxel are based on the Sennheiser Vocoder VSM201 resulting in a rich and fat analogue sound characteristic.
- Realtime analysis/resynthesis of your voice.
- 20 Channel vocoder.
- Voice spectrum recorder (voxels).
- Over 200 prerecorded voxels included.
- Play your vocoded voice live on keyboard. Drag for slides and vibrato. .
- CoreMIDI support allows use of external MIDI keyboard.
- Monophonic sequencer for notes & lyrics.
- Voice optimized polyphonic synthesizer.
- Time warping of voxels.
- Gender changer.
- Breath noise.
- 12dB Lowpass filter.
- Pitch vibrato with delay.
- Chorus/Delay effects.
- Export of audio recordings.
iVoxel for Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later is available to purchase for $23.99 USD.
More information: VirSyn / iVoxel
VirSyn has released version 2.1 of Matrix, a vocoder effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The new version of our famous vocoder is now available as 64 bit VST 3 and VST 2.4 plugin for the Windows platform. But we couldn´t resist to add some functionality for you all.
Changes in Matrix v2.1
- VST3 / VST2.4: 64-bit version for Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- Stereo wide panorama parameter for internal generator.
- Optional monophonic generator with Glide setting.
- Pitchbend range setting.
- Updated PDF manual.
Matrix for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for 199 EUR.
Celebrating the introduction of the 64-bit version the first 100 customers can get MATRIX for 50% off!
More information: VirSyn / Matrix