Little Endian has updated the SpectrumWorx sound mangler for Windows and Mac to version 2.6.
This version adds frequency range, gain and dry/wet controls to each module separately, all available from the main plug-in window. This addition significantly increases usability and makes the plug-in capable of producing subtle sound effects easier. Both OS versions have been updated with significant performance improvements.
SpectrumWorx 2.6 features
- 100% Frequency domain operation.
- Modular design with five module slots.
- Over fifty modules to choose from (freeze, harmonizer, pitch shifter, classic vocoder, wah-wah, whisperer, wobbler, autotune, reverser, etc.).
- Sophisticated “time-to-frequency” engine optimized for low CPU usage.
- Flexible Preset browser with comment field.
- Shipped with over 250 presets.
- Free or tempo-synchronised LFOs with phase adjustment and 11 waveforms.
- External audio input for inter-sample effects.
- Slick and user-friendly GUI.
- Detailed User’s Guide.
SpectrumWorx for Windows and Mac (VST) is avaialble to purchase for $119 USD (single platform) / $149 USD (cross-platform).
More information: Little Endian
Related: bass guitar
, circuit bending
, effect plugins
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Dec 14, 2011
Tonebytes has announced the release of Bundle 2012, a limited time discount on a collection of all Tonebytes plug-ins.
From 15 Dec 2011 to 15 Jan 2012 get all the plugins for only $30 in one bundle that includes:
- Reese Machine, a monophonic subtractive synthesizer optimized for creating deep, rich, vibrating bass for various kinds of electronic music, especially Drum’n’Bass, Speed Garage, Techstep, etc.
- Vocotron, combines the functions of a sampler and vocoder.
- Wowcoder, recreates a classical 16-band digital vocoder.
- Analog Noise, adds the sound and atmosphere of analog recordings to your tracks and mixes.
- Bend Box, software synthesizer that emulates a circuit-bending device.
- Get Lost, Singer! virtual effect plug-in which allows you to remove vocals from songs.
- Pedals, effect plug-in designed for processing electric guitar and bass.
More information: Tonebytes
ToneBytes has released Wowcoder, a classical 16-band digital vocoder effect plug-in for Windows.
Wowcoder does not have an internal synthesizer: the modulator and carrier come from an external signal. This approach of using external synthesizers provides more varied and rich sounding timbres.
Additional tuning of timbre can be made by regulating the level of one of 16 frequency bands, as well as with the following knobs: attack, decay, bandwidth and whisper. In addition, the received signal can be processed by the effects section. There are three slots with five effects: chorus, crusher, distortion, reverb and compression.
The built-in preset manager makes it easy to save the settings and quickly access them or share them with other Wowcoder users.
In addition, VST automation and full MIDI Learning are supported.
Wowcoder is available to purchase for $14.95 USD. In addition Tonebytes has reduced the price for “Vocotron” to $14.95 USD.
More information: ToneBytes / Wowcoder
Waldorf has updated Lector, a vocoder effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
This update is recommended for all users of Lector. It adds full 64 bit compatibility to all its Macintosh and Windows plug-in variants and contains the factory presets in VST3 and Audio Unit format. Furthermore it fixes a possible crash in the Macintosh Audio Unit variant.
Changes in Lector v1.0.1
- 64 bit compatible.
- Added VST3 Presets of all Factory Sounds.
- [Mac Audio Unit] Added Audio Unit Settings of all Factory Sounds.
- [Mac Audio Unit] Fixed possible crashes in Logic and possibly other Audio Unit hosts.
- [Mac Audio Unit] Fixed non-working automation recording.
- [Mac] Added “Save Program as Audio Unit Setting…” to VST2 variant.
- [Win] Installer now places all files into their default locations. You can move the plug-ins to different directories after successful installation.
Lector for Windows and Mac (VST) is available to purchase for 199 EUR.
More information: Waldorf / Lector
Togu Audio Line has updated TAL-Vocoder-2, a freeware vocoder effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Release of TAL-Vocoder-2 version 1.02. Fixes an issue that could lead to a crash while saving the presets or loading the plugin. Apples new XCode 4 (newest developement environment) does not support universal binaries (PPC) anymore. This release supports only OSX on intel machines. Please do not update if you have a PPC. The release is tested on OSX 10.6.
Changes in TAL-Vocoder-2 v1.02
- OSX 10.5 support (2011.09.04).
- Fixed a bug that could lead to a crash while loading or closing the plugin (Version 1.02).
- Only OSX intel supported (Version 1.02).
TAL-Vocoder-2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available as freeware.
More information: Togu Audio Line / TAL-Vocoder-2