Iridium Iris Software has released Reality Bass, an advanced electric bass guitar virtual instrument plug-in designed to be a true electric bass guitar.
The goal was to create an easy to use rock & alternative bass sound with a rich slap sound. This instrument isn’t just for composers, video game arrangements and other productions, it is also a tool for producers and bass guitarists.
Reality Bass features
- Open/muted fifths, octaves, fourths P4, and single notes.
- Down/up or alternating strumming of intervals.
- Single/Solo playing in two modes (algorithm or windowed).
- Bending of single notes and intervals with automation.
- Gain/distortion/fuzz control.
- Room sound knob.
- Dynamic range velocity knob (hard to soft).
- Rich Slap sound.
- Palm mute algorithm with automation.
- Hammer on/pull off.
- Portamento/neck slide control with automation.
- Strumming control with automation.
- Unlimited velocity curve.
- Full chokes.
- Patterns with an internal player.
- Slap Bass mode on/off.
- Bass guitar neck that displays taken intervals and notes.
Reality Bass for Windows (VST) is available for 26 EUR / $36 USD. A free demo version can be downloaded from the website.
More information: Iridium Iris Software
Adam Monroe Music has released Adam Monroe’s Beats, a drum sample library and MIDI beats collection instrument plug-in for Windows.
Adam Monroe’s Beats features
- 30 fully customizable virtual drum kit presets featuring 37 snares, 27 bass drums, and 22 toms.
- 10 layer velocity, 3 note round-robin, with both left and right sides of the drum (s) recorded.
- Over five gigs of sampled drum sounds.
- The ability to edit and save every preset, and change every part of the kit.
- Drag-and-drop functionality for MIDI Beats and Fills. Audition beats with the click of a button.
- Load samples at 16 or 24-bit depth, and 44.1 or 48 kHz sample rates.
- Panning and volume controls for every individual part of the kit.
- Reverb, Delay, Phaser, and Equalization effects.
- MIDI note reassignment with the ability to detect notes.
The plug-in is currently available for Windows (VST), priced at $50 USD. A Mac version is coming.
More information: Adam Monroe Music / Adam Monroe’s Beats
Wusik has released version 1.0.2 of Wusik 4000, which ads VST3 support on both Windows and Mac OS X.
Wusik 4000 is a new project by Wusik and WilliamK, done from the ground using modern code and totally cross-platform: Windows and MAC, VST/AU 32 and 64 bits.
But how Wusik 4000 works? Is that just a regular Modular system? No, it is not. Wusik 4000 has a fixed path of audio, but with a modular wire system for modulations.
Changes in Wusik 4000 v1.0.2
- VST3 support added on both Windows and MAC.
- Sample Player updated: when browsing SFZ files the Next and Previous selector will browse only SFZ files and also ignores other files, specially WAV files that are part of the SFZ collection.
- Sample Player updated: fixed MAC 64-bits problems when loading WusikSND files.
- Sample Player updated: added “processing” message when a sound is been loaded/unloaded. The Next/Previous sound option now uses its own thread for better handling.
- M24 LP Filter Poly updated: changed the code to overload less at lower frequencies.
- MIDI Arp Basic updated: fixed a bug when playing notes very fast.
- Updated the info about the Data folder on MAC. You can also create an alias to the data folder and place under ~/Applications named as Wusik 4000 Data.
- Changed a bit how the plugin scans/validates to avoid a crash during most host’s scan/validation process. If you need to validate it again, just delete the Validation.txt file from the data folder before running any host scan/validation tool. The process is simple and no information is sent, so it is totally offline. Just start the plugin and click the GUI to validate and restart the plugin once done (read the instructions).
- Other internal improvements.
- Several new presets created by Westgate
- Several new sets of sounds from Wusik EVE were uploaded as a ZIP file, (check out the Mellotronix sets) so MAC users (or users without Wusik EVE installed) can download and load those sounds into the Sample Player (no presets were designed yet). Hint about installing extra sounds: extract any extra SOUND sets into the “Wusik 4000 Data\Modules Extras\Sample Player” folder. There is no option to link to older Wusik EVE Data folder, sorry.
Wusik 4000 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $99.95 USD.
More information: Wusik / Wusik 4000
Minimal System has announced a limited time promotion, offering half off all its products.
Minimal System are happy to announce our 50% off everything mega sale. Stock up on VST Plugins, Rack Packs for Ableton Live, and Sample Packs.
Use coupon 6576 at checkout to take advantage of this offer. The sale ends April 30th, 2014.
More information: Minimal System
Waves has announced the release of Vitamin, a sonic enhancer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Vitamin is a multiband harmonic enhancer that can make any track sound powerful and full of spark by mixing an enriched version with the original signal.
No matter what you use it on, Vitamin opens up the sound in a way that truly complements and enhances your mixes, ensuring they get all the nutrients they need.
- Parallel multiband harmonic enhancer with five individual bands.
- Control over the crossover frequency points between bands.
- Control over the mix of the direct signal with the enhanced version.
- Per-band stereo width control.
- Punch control for smoothing or accentuating punchiness and dynamics.
- Zero-latency processing.
Vitamin is available for the introductory price of $99 USD (Native) / $149 USD (Soundgrid).
More information: Waves / Vitamin
Ohm Force has announced that the Minimonsta synthesizer instrument by GForce Software is 50% off for a limited time.
As you may already know the Ohm & G Forces occasionnaly team up to deliver unique emulations of cult classic analog instruments. Minimonsta is the perfect illustration of this: all the care and expertise from the GForce’s chaps driving the project while we ohmies brought code and some typicall Ohm features.
If you ever wished an ultra faithful Model – D emulation with ADSR / LFO / Midi mod curve per parameter and Melohman preset morphing octave ala Symtpohm / Ohmicide packed with a few presets (6000), this is your day. As with most of our plugins we’re glad to say that this one had both press and VIP support.
Exceptionnally priced 50% off at £69.99 inc VAT ($95.00/€85 approx,) the offer runs for a strictly limited period from Tuesday 8th April until Tuesday 15th April, 2014.
More information: GForce Software / Minimonsta
Audiffex has released version 2.1.0 of its GK Amplification amp and speaker effect plug-in, which now includes 64-bit versions and VST3 and AAX support.
GK Amplification plug-in includes exact models of Gallien-Krueger amps and speakers. All the functions of the original amps (Bi-Amp, filters) are available. All controls do the same as their hardware counterparts.
Changes in GK Amplification v2.1.0
- 64-bit plug-in versions added.
- VST3 and AAX plug-in formats added.
- User presets handling improved for better portability.
- GUI functionality improved.
- Standalone version is completely rewritten and includes metronome, recorder and advanced audio file player.
The new versions are available for immediate download.
More information: Audiffex / GK Amplification
Softube has released version 2.1.6 of the Console 1 software for Mac OS X, including CPU optimizations and bug fixes.
Current owners of Softube plug-ins, in particular Console 1 owners, are advised to download and install the new software version. The update includes improvements and bug fixes, mainly for Console 1 but also slight CPU improvements to the entire Softube product line.
Changes in v2.1.6
- Updated with GUI bug fixes. Fixes problems with line breaks in dialogs, and affects track meters.
- Console 1 OSD: Changed help texts in All mode, changed ugly-looking ellipsis in Group text.
- Console 1 OSD: The left (instead) of right meter is used in mono mode. Looks better that way.
- Console 1 OSD: Curves filtering now as fast as the rest of the GUI.
- Apply pre-2.1.6 Console 1 overhead optimizations to other plug-ins.
- Summit Audio EQF-100: Implement curve display for Console 1.
- Console 1: Fix bug where switching between running a plug-in in mono and stereo would not update mono/stereo state in OSD correctly.
- Console 1: Fix Pro Tools compare button bugs when comparing against Factory Default setting.
- Optimizations in parameter handling, sidechain overhead, bypass overhead, VST 2 interface overhead, and some DSP code.
- Code cleanups.
- Console 1 SSL 4000 Dynamic Shaper: Correct stereo merge bug, optimize.
- Console 1: Optimize overhead when sections are turned off.
- FET Compressor/Tonelux Tilt/Tonelux Tilt Live: Apply various optimizations from Console 1.
- [2.1.5] Console 1: Fix Filters to Compressor and External Sidechain to Compressor bug.
- [2.1.5] Console 1 plug-in: Fix a small memory leak.
- [2.1.4] All plug-ins: Fix a possible crash when multiple plug-in windows for a single plug-in type are open at the same time and one of them is closed.
- [2.1.4] Console 1 OSD: Fix a small memory leak.
- [2.1.3] Console 1: Fix a bug relating to shape meter, compressor meter, and audio malfunctions in some situations when running at other sample frequencies than 44.1 kHz in certain DAWs.
- [2.1.3] Console 1: Turn off All when going out of Load Strip/Shape/EQ/Compressor or History mode.
The new software version is now available to download from Softube.
More information: Softube