Plugin Boutique has announced the release of BigKick, a kick drum instrument plug-in in collaboration with Credland Audio.
The drum kit is the rhythm and groove of any track and the kick drum is the hearbeat of the groove. We know how important it is to get the kick drum right in the mix. BigKick was created with the sole intention of allowing producers to achieve the results they have always wanted.
Developed to make kick drum design easy and enjoyable, BigKick has a carefully selected set of features to help you get results quickly. And, unlike many other tools, the controls are limited to values that produce useful kick drum samples. It also lets you make the best possible use of existing sound libraries in your collection.
Big Kick features
- Kick drum synthesis – can replicate the majority of today’s and yesterday’s kick sounds.
- Factory library includes >300 attack types and 110 presets.
- Tuned kick drums.
- Easily integrates with your existing sample libraries.
- Easier to use than any previous kick drum design tool.
- Drag-and-drop sample creation.
- Auto-play mode for instant start and jamming.
- No phase shift free sound shaping.
- High pass filter (again, phase shift free): avoid nasty surprises in the bottom end.
Big Kick for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for £34.95 GBP.
More information: Plugin Boutique / BigKick
MeldaProduction has updated its effect plug-ins to version 8.00.
8.00 is a huge major update, which brings a complete GUI restructuralization, better & faster stylable and resizable GUI engine, GPU acceleration, powerful metering engine, and much more.
It is highly recommended to install this update. Please use the newest installers from our download page.
MMultiBandRhythmizer and MDynamicsLimiter plugins are now available separately.
Changes in v8.00
- New resizeable & style GUI engine with several new styles and style wizard, improved style settings and much more.
- New user interfaces have been upgraded for easier and quicker workflow.
- GPU accelerated drawing minimizes CPU requirements for graphical processing leaving it for audio processing.
- New powerful metering engine is available in most of the plugins and provides both classical metering as well as versatile time graphs.
- MMultiBandRhythmizer and MDynamicsLimiter are now available separately.
- Added external side-chain to all plugins with modulators.
- Sliders & knobs now provide text edit window on double-click.
- Improved VST3 and AU support, including overall compatibility, latency updating, user interfaces etc.
- Added external side-chain to MModernCompressor, plus several new features and brand new interface.
- Ctrl+arrow now detects words in text input fields.
- New exhaustive documentations are available from the website.
- Added true hold mode to improve hold behaviour to MDynamics, MModernCompressor, MMultiBandDynamics, MDynamicsLimiter.
- Added super-fast attack mode further increasing compressor speed to MDynamics, MModernCompressor, MMultiBandDynamics, MDynamicsLimiter, MSpectralDynamics.
- Added ducking mode to MAutoVolume.
- Added advanced dynamic detector features to MSpectralDynamics.
- Added peak hold feature to MDynamicsLimiter and MMultiBandLimiter.
- Added frequency range to MTuner.
- Added panorama law to MUtility.
- Fix: Multiparameter banks randomization was crashing in the previous version.
- Fix: MMultiBandLimiter didn’t show Slope as a slider instead of a button.
- Fix: MRhythmizer & MMultiBandRhythmizer didn’t show correct units for points and in zoomed mode.
- Fix: MDynamics & MMultiBandDynamics didn’t audition side-chain correctly when spectral smoothing was enabled.
- Fix: Resizing wasn’t working after switch of style or sliders/knobs/buttons.
- Fix: A few envelope modes could lead to a crash.
- Fix: Signal generator could generate slightly incorrect shapes in some extreme settings.
- Fix: AU versions now correctly update latency when changed due to settings (upsampling, LP crossover…). You may need to restart playback twice in some hosts.
- Fix: Inter-band latency compensation for MMultiBandDynamics and MMultiBandLimiter didn’t work for analog crossovers.
- Fix: Simulate realistic shapes feature in MMultiBandVibrato & MVibrato didn’t work.
- Known compatibility issues:
- Threshold of MModernCompressor extended to -80dB.
- MDynamicsMini, MDynamicsSideChain, MAutoEqualizerMini and MAutoEqualizerLinearPhaseMini have been discarded. If you need them, install 7.13 first, then install newest version over it.
- There may be hardly noticeable (but still) differences in sound produced by MReverb & MMultiBandReverb, which now allows glitch free modulation of X/Y position.
- Automation channels may have change for MRingModulator.
The updated installers are now available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: MeldaProduction
CD Sound Master announces the release of its ARQ Tride-N-Tru “A-Range” audio plug-in suite for Windows.
This collection is inspired by a rare and legendary vintage recording console, including an intricate and detailed emulation of the original circuitry, transformers, line and microphone preamps, and classic EQ.
CDSoundMaster, creator of the R2R Tape Collection, N-TEN-AT4, and other popular VST Plug-Ins, focuses on the absolute highest accuracy in sound of real analog hardware. Their software takes advantage of the modern computer’s ability to run audio software that uses higher cpu resources for complex realism.
The ARQ Tride-N-Tru “A-Range” is built upon the “Acqua” sound engine, “Powered by Nebula Technology,” an advanced form of audio generation called V.V.K.T., or Vectorial Volterra Kernels Technology.
ARQ Tride-N-Tru “A-Range” EQ and Channel Strip features:
- Six Plug-Ins, including High EQ, High-Mid EQ, Low EQ, Low-Mid EQ, High-Low Cut EQ, and Preamps, which load the line signal path and microphone path both with eq engaged and bypassed.
- All Frequencies and Gain Levels from the original vintage console are available with complete characteristics of the entire sound chain.
- Acqua Stand Alone VST Plug-In for Windows VST featuring V.V.K.T. advanced sound engine.
- True harmonic content that changes with every frequency and gain value.
- 64 Bit dynamic audio processing and 96kHz Actual Sample Rate with unmatched conversion quality to different rates.
ARQ for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for $79 USD.
More information: CD Sound Master / ARQ Tride-N-Tru “A-Range”
Reveal Sound has released version 1.0.13 of its Spire synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Spire is a software polyphonic synthesizer that combines powerful sound engine modulation and flexible architecture, a graphical interface provides unparalleled usability.
Changes in Spire v1.0.13
- Add: Oscillator Type “SawPWM”.
- Fixed: Some DSP & GUI issues.
- Update: Factory Bank 5.
The Spire synthesizer for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 139 EUR.
More information: Reveal Sound
HyperSynth has launched XEditor, a freeware editor for advanced controlling over the Xenophone synthesizer in your DAW.
XEditor offers remote access to all synth engine parameters via MIDI messages (CC and NRPN). The GUI design is based on the hardware layout while keeping all the controls in a single-window system. Most of the knobs are equipped with helpful readout. Using this tool you can edit mod matrix and sequencer without any hassle.
- Full control of the sound engine (212 parameters).
- Support automation for all parameters.
- Rename program remotely via sysex.
- Select programs and banks remotely.
- True readout for envelope and LFO rates.
- Sync to host option for master tempo.
- 128 empty presets.
- 3 Wheels: Pitch, Mod and Aftertouch.
- Run as standalone or VST plugin.
XEditor for Windows is freeware. The Xenophone synthesizer is expected to begin shipping in May-June 2014. It can be pre-ordered now (at 11% discount).
More information: HyperSynth / XEditor
Tek’it Audio has announced the release of the OIO One bundle, comprising 18 products – 8 instruments, 7 effects and 3 expansions – a comprehensive collection for creative music production, composition and sound design with more than 1,100 sounds and 200 effects.
Bundled software include Neogen morphing synthesizer, Syntik-DR drum synth, Genobazz Pro and 2 mono synthesizer, Arp-EG Classic MIDI arpeggiator, APC stepped tone generator, RECsoprano recorder instrument, DubSiren synthesizer, Badass multi-effects distortion, Kutter 2 frequency cut sequencer, 8eqp and 8eqf equalizer, Winkl distortion, 8kut frequency cutter and GattR gate sequencer.
OIO One is available for purchase for 159 EUR / $219 USD (value 322 EUR / $432 USD if purchased individually) and existing customers can upgrade from 79 EUR / $99 USD.
More information: Tek’it Audio / OIO One bundle
Xfer Records has announced updates for Nerve, Cthulhu and LFOTool, which are now available in Pro Tools AAX format.
Cthulhu is now VST (32 and 64 bit), AudioUnit (both 32 and 64, and a MIDI FX version for Logic X), and ProTools AAX (32 and 64-bit for OSX and Windows).
LFOTool and Nerve are now VST (32 and 64 bit), AudioUnit (both 32 and 64) and ProTools AAX (32 and 64-bit for OSX and Windows).
updates are free, as always!
More information: Xfer Records
eaReckon has announced version 1.2.0 of MIDI Polysher, a free MIDI utility plug-in for Windows and Mac.
MIDI Polysher is a free VST plugin primarly designed for eaReckon BloXpander users (but it works with other compatible VST host software). BloXpander is now provided with its own full-featured MIDI filter and therefore, BloXpander users do not really need this plug-in anymore.
Changes in MIDI Polysher v1.2.0
- Two new Key Range modes:
- The Free mode can be used to filter the keys of your choice (by selecting them on the on-screen keyboard).
- The Nearest mode lets you define a set of unwanted keys. If one of them is “pressed” (from MIDI), the nearest non-filtered note will be played.
The plug-in is available to download as freeware for Windows and Mac (VST).
More information: eaReckon / MIDI Polysher