Glitchmachines has released version 1.1 of Fracture, the free buffer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Fracture features a buffer effect, a multimode filter, three LFOs and a delay. This plugin is geared toward adding glitchy articulations and abstract textures to your projects. Use it on anything from drums and percussion to synth lines and sound effects. Fracture’s intuitive interface and diverse features make it simple to give your projects a unique technical edge.
Changes in Fracture v1.1
- New: Panic button to clean delay lines.
- New: improved user interface.
- Fixed: some controls would not properly reflect the current parameter value.
- Fixed: better automation behavior.
Fracture for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is a free download from Glitchmachines.
More information: Glitchmachines / Fracture
HoRNet has announced the release of Sybilla Pro, an advanced version of the Sybilla de-esser effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Sybilla Pro is a multi filter de-esser, unlike other traditional de-essers Sybilla Pro has 8 different tunable filters to effectively find the offending sibilance and feed the compressor that will reduce it.
Sybilla Pro is a wideband de-esser, the compressor stage is driven by the sum of the output of the active filters above the threshold so that if the sibilance moves in frequency Sybilla Pro can follow it and never miss it.
Sybilla Pro features
- Intelligent relative threshold.
- Eight filters for sibilance detection.
- Adjustable frequency and level for each filter.
- Switch to turn on and off each filter.
- Key listen for the entire filter bank and each of the filters.
- Meters for each filter.
- Instantaneous gain reduction meter with peak hold.
- Two different compression modes.
- Attack and release setting for the compressor stage
- Dry/wet knob.
Sybilla for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available for purchase for 21.99 EUR. An upgrade path is available for owners of Sybilla.
More information: HoRNet PlugIns / Sybilla Pro
reKon audio has released VST-AU Blofeld Editor, a software editor for the Waldorf Blofeld keyboard and desktop model synthesizers.
VST-AU Blofeld Editor is a real-time MIDI synth editor for Mac OS X and Windows that allows the user full control of every Parameter, Program, Bank, Multi Program, and Multi Bank on the Waldorf Blofeld keyboard and desktop model synthesizers.
It is also a full librarian tool that allows you to view and manage all the patch and bank data on modern computing platforms and applications, in smart and efficient ways. Load and save all data as native .syx files. All settings are remembered in the DAW host project on recall.
The editor is available for purchase for $79.95 USD.
More information: reKon audio / VST-AU Blofeld Editor
Admiral Quality has released version 1.20 beta 1 of Poly-Ana, the virtual analog synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
We’ve finally got OSX 64 bit support in both Poly-Ana and SCAMP, as well as a new, key-file based copy protection system (so customers won’t have to ask us for new or additional keys anymore). As so much has changed in these products in order to support the new platforms, we’ve put both BACK TO BETA to make sure they get well tested.
As we always do, during the BETA period our products are on sale for HALF PRICE! Our flagship “virtual analog” synth plug-in, Poly-Ana, is currently a mere $89.98 USD, her preset player little sister, L’il Poly-Ana is $47.98 USD, and the analog modeled, envelope following filter effect that started it all, SCAMP, is only $34.97 USD. Regular prices will resume after the 1.20 BETA period, but we don’t know how long the BETAs will run for, so you’ll want to try these products as soon as you can so you don’t miss your chance at these rare deals.
Poly-Ana is available for purchase for $89.98 USD during the beta period.
More information: Admiral Quality / Poly-Ana
de la Mancha has announced Let’s Beat Cancer, a fundraiser for Cancer Research UK.
This is to announce something I’m doing to try and raise £1000 for Cancer Research UK, a deserving charity that funds scientists, doctors and nurses to help beat cancer sooner.
If I can raise £1000, then I will release 4 plugins for free, for everyone.
- slix is a randomising loop slicer, which switches between up to 4 loops and can shuffle, repeat, reverse and gate the slices of each loop according to user defined probability.
- erratic 2 is a drum sample player with many randomising and velocity sensitive options to make any drum pattern sound different on each loop.
- loophole is a midi-triggered loop sampler, which allows you play sections of up to 4 different loops using midi notes to control which section of which loop plays.
- Impakter is a vintage drum module plugin containing 320 samples of original drum sounds generated on analogue synths and drum machines.
Donations can be made at JustGiving.
More information: de la Mancha / Let’s Beat Cancer
AudioThing has announced the release of Valve Exciter, a harmonic enhancer effect plug-in with vintage valve emulation.
The exciter section features hand tuned filters with the ability to sweep the center frequencies via the Harmonics knob.
The valve section is modelled after a softer custom version of the vintage Telefunken ECC83 tubes with drive, triode/pentode mode and bias settings.
Valve Exciter features
- Harmonics Enhancer: Bass and Treble (with Harmonics sweep).
- Valve Emulation with drive.
- Preset system with randomizer.
- Formats: AU and VST (32/64bit).
- Platforms: OSX, Windows.
The plug-in is available for the introductory price of 35 EUR (regular 45 EUR).
More information: AudioThing / Valve Exciter
Steinberg has announced the release of VST Connect Performer for iPad, an app that offers online remote recording collaboration with producers and musicians in real time.
Steinberg’s VST Connect plug-in links Cubase production environments to any musician connected to the Internet through a computer or iPad running VST Connect Performer.
VST Connect Performer transmits audio data from the iPad to the host computer and establishes a communications uplink between musicians and producers.
VST Connect Performer requires a peer-to-peer connection with VST Connect SE (included in Cubase versions 7.5 and 7 and Nuendo versions 6.5 and 6) or VST Connect Pro.
“VST Connect Performer’s finally available for the iPad. This means that musicians and producers collaborating with studios running VST Connect don’t need a laptop or computer but can stream their performance directly from the iPad. And the display’s real estate gives users sufficient room to navigate easily around the app,” said Matthias Quellmann, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
VST Connect Performer features
- Collaborate with other musicians and producers around the world.
- Peer-to-peer solution with sample accurate sync.
- Cue mix section for optimal recording environment.
- Encrypted transfer for secure exchange of important audio material (VST Connect Pro only).
- Multi-channel support for remote recording of up to 16 channels (VST Connect Pro only).
- Up to 192 kHz and 24-bit audio support with downstream transfer of large-scale uncompressed audio files (VST Connect Pro only).
- LAN support for connections in your local network (VST Connect Pro only).
VST Connect Performer for iPad is now available to purchase through the App Store for 4.49 EUR incl. German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / VST Connect Performer