HyperSynth has released version 1.1 of XEditor, a software editor for controlling the Xenophone analog mono-synthesizer.
XEditor is a freeware editor for advanced controlling over the Xenophone synthesizer in your DAW. XEditor offers remote access to all synth engine parameters via MIDI messages (CC and NRPN).
Changes in XEditor v1.1
- Added new types for oscillator waveform and distortion.
- Added loop indicator for Amp envelope and fixed hold indicator enable point.
- Now “update edit buffer” does not refresh the hardware display.
- Rename command is changed to match the hardware command format.
- LFO rate default value is set to 1Hz.
- Fixed problem in loading semitone value.
- Fixed aftertouch wheel malfunction.
- Fixed oscillator key-track issue that did not transmit correct data.
XEditor for Windows is a free download.
More information: HyperSynth / XEditor
audioD3CK has released ChopChop, a compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
ChopChop’s algorithm was originally designed to be reasonably clean while operating with a very fast attack time and classic peak detection. The result is a very flexible compressor with a distinct sound. ChopChop is best used when the compression is meant to be heard, but it can act as an invisible tool too!
- External side chain.
- Linear domain compression for an old school sound.
- High pass filter in side chain.
- Range control to limit amount of gain reduction.
- Range knee to alter character of compression range.
- Mid/side mode.
- Freely adjustable channel linking.
- Adjustable compression knee.
- Full range ratio, all the way form 1:1 to 1:infinity.
- Flexible metering.
- Parallel compression.
- Release acceleration control to alter compressors behavior.
ChopChop for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 19 EUR (non-commercial) / 49 EUR (commercial).
AudioD3CK has also released a version 1.1 update for all its plugins, which includes the following new features:
- Resizable UIs.
- Internal preset handling.
- Undo/redo for parameter changes.
- Updated manuals.
- Better authorization process.
- Improved installer.
- Registration free demo versions.
- Some presets.
- [Krucz] Additional makeup parameter.
The updates are free to existing customers. AAX and VST3 versions are in development.
More information: AudioD3CK / ChopChop
Ichiro Toda has released version 1.13 beta 2 of the Windows version of Synth1, a freeware synthesizer instrument.
Synth1 is a software synthesizer. Functionally it is modelled on the Clavia Nord Lead 2 Red Synth.
Changes in Synth1 v1.13 beta2
- A new filter “LPDL” has been added in filter section.
- It is a low-pass filter modeled after the diode ladder mounted on TB303, etc.
- It is close to “LP24″ Because it is the filter of the fourth order, but it is fat and darker than “LP24″ feel.
- Lower frequency also increase the resonance does not decrease. I think that it fits well in the synth bass.
- This filter is over-sampling process if the sampling frequency is 44.1/48KHz.
- Accuracy of the square wave has been improved. (8 multiple detune of osc1 are excluded)
- Cut-off frequency of the “LP24″ is now moving more smoothly.
- Fixed a problem that a big noise has occurred at synth1 startup once in a while.
- Fixed a problem that the LFO is not synchronized with the DAW once in a while.
- Fixed a problem that the sound of synth1 is greatly changed once in a while when you change the sampling frequency in DAW.
- Fixed a problem that DAW is crushed once in a while when you change the sampling frequency in DAW.
The new beta is available to download for Windows (32/64-bit VST).
More information: Synth1
DopeKitz has announced Rupture Lite, a free lightweight 16 track virtual drum machine for Windows and Mac.
With Rupture you can easily pick your kit, mix, and create all in one place. You can even bus out individual instrument groups to individual channels with select expansions.
Rupture Lite features
- Includes 5 Free fully functional Drum Kits: West Coast RPT, Tribeca, Ever 1da, Crunk’d 2.5, Danger Drumz.
- Fully expandable via Rupture Expansion Packs.
- 16 individual tracks with faders so you can mix your drums right inside the plugin.
- Supports semi-scripted Sounds.
- Both Mac OS X & Windows compatible.
- Available in VST & AU formats.
Rupture Lite is a free download. Expansion packs are available starting at $7.99 USD.
More information: DopeKitz / Rupture Lite
Forward Audio has announced the release of fa SampleDelay, a simple but powerful effect plugin for applying signal delays.
It’s main purpose is to solve time difference problems occuring in multi microphone setups and furthermore reduce horrible sounding comb filter effects (often called phase issues).
Nevertheless, you can also apply interesting haas delay effects, compensate plugin latencies introduced by other plugins or intentionally create comb filter effects to create colorful filter textures.
fa SampleDelay features
- Sample accurate time delays (0 – 100.000 Samples).
- A/B comparisons.
- Input delays in 4 different units.
- Completly flexible control range of the Delay Knob.
- Unique flexible user interface.
fa SampleDelay is available to download for Windows (VST). VST/AU for Mac is currently in development.
More information: Forward Audio
Mabelton Audio has announced the release of Summer Bundle 1, a limited time offer on its Push/VST integration packs.
For a limited time only, get over 40% off on our full range of Push/VST integration packs to date.
Over 20,000 fully configured racks which will allow you instantly to:
- Browse and load VST factory presets from Push as with Ableton’s own instruments.
- Control and automate the knobs and sliders on the VSTs using Push’s encoders.
- Unlock Push’s full capacity for VSTs (step sequencer, exotic scales, etc.
The VSTs covered in this bundle are as follows:
- Arturia V Collection (10 synths).
The Summer Bundle 1 is available for purchase for 39.99 GBP. Integration packs for u-he’s Zebra and Zebralette are available as free downloads.
More information: Crafted Sound / Summer Bundle 1
VST Zone has launched Amplio 2, a free effect plug-in for Windows.
Amplio is a way to enhance boring and dull sound. It’s 3 band Equalizer with adjustable bands and additional multiband effect modules.
Plugin is originally designed to enhance drum patterns but it is powerfull enough to be used on any type of sound. Reverb effect routable to any of three bands will add more space to mix and Soft Limiter will prevent any clipping on final output.
Changes in Amplio v2.0
- New multiband Noise gate with envelope controls will help you totally change your beat and create something new.
- Total overhaul of user interface, faster load and smaller filesize. Improved controls. You can now use rigth mouse click to set deafult values and double right mouse click to set value to zero on all controls. Holding shift while draging will increase sensitivity for better value settings.
- No more overlapping band control points on Frequency splitter.
- Improved Reverb and fixed wet/dry mix.
- Low band saturation now working correctly.
- Improved soft limiter to work better with distortion module.
- Control the stereo field with new multiband stereo balance module. Handy gadget for centering bass frequencies.
- Assembly optimization of all modules in order to save as much cycles as possible. Even with new noise gate CPU usage is same or even better than in previous version.
- Adjusted all existing presets and added new 14 new presets. Total 66 presets including Amplio presets that use Distortion module.
The plug-in is available as freeware for Windows (VST).
More information: VST Zone
zplane.development has released version 3.2.0 of PPMulator, a peak programme meter plug-in for Windows and Mac.
PPMulator is a cross-platform plug-in meter for digital audio workstations which exactly mimics the look and feel of a professional broadcast Peak Programme Meter (PPM).
This plugin provides a precisely calibrated workspace for recording, editing, mixing and mastering.
Changes in PPMulator v3.2.0 features
- Ability to customize the loudness meter (e.g. ranges and colours).
- Admin mode with password protection for the preference panel.
- Switchable, second range for true-peak scale (-48 dbTP .. +3 dbTP).
- Several bug fixes.
PPMulator is available for purchase for 79 EUR (PPMulator+) / 119 EUR (PPMulatorXL). The update is free for all existing customers and can be downloaded from the user accounts.
More information: zplane / PPMulator