XILS-lab has announced the release of XILS 3 v2.0, an updated version of its authentic-sounding software emulation of the vintage EMS VCS3 portable analogue synthesizer.
The XILS 3 V2.0 not only emulates the Synthi (VCS 3) modular synthesizer, it also adds an emulation of the 256 Analog Sequencer, the natural companion of the VCS 3.
Is that all? No, of course, we added a SECOND Matrix, with 2 additional envelopes, one LFO, a detailed Sample and Hold module, and a Voltage processor…
And some input modules : Gate, Transient, Envelope Follower and Pitch Tracker to transform the XILS 3 into an advanced Effect Processor! This means hundreds of additional connections. Add to the pile the analog chorus with its three modes, the analog delay and the phaser… the picture emerges.
XILS 3 v2.0 features
- 6 Oscillators grouped in 3 pairs, with WaveShaping (on sine wave, saw, triangle and square).
- 1 Noise Oscillator (With Noise color).
- 1 Analog Filter, Non Linear and zero delay Behaviors, with 3 Modes (12/18/24 dB LowPass).
- 3 Trapezoidal Envelope Generators, Looping EG in the time of analog (Switchable to ADSR).
- 2 Polyphonic LFOs (including 1 Oscillator acting as LFO at audiorate).
- Polyphonic Ring Modulator.
- 2 independent outputs feeding the Stereo Bus, each with one analog Lp/Hp filter.
- Programmable Joystick Vector Controller (up to 32+32 modulation targets).
- Polyphonic Sequencer with 3 independent lines, Slew rates, 3 recording modes.
- Sequencer can behave as modulation source.
- Pitch Tracker, Envelope Follower, Transient, Gate, Sample & Hold Modules.
- Chorus, Delay, Spring Reverb.
- 6 Play modes (including Unison 2/4/6), Polyphonic and mono Portamento/Glissando/Legato, 2 different Keyboard Scaling, Polyphonic Aftertouch and VCA handling.
- Hundreds of presets made by worldwide famous Sound Designers.
- Preset Database Engine (Find the right patch in a flash, create your own tags).
- Comprehensive manual with a getting started and tutorial sections.
- Instrument or Effect plug-in.
XILS 3 is available for purchase for the introductory price of 120 EUR until May 1st, 2014 (regular 149 EUR). The XILISTICS sound bank for XILS 3 with 160-plus presets (25 EUR value) is included with this offer. XILS 3 requires eLicenser or iLok.
More information: XILS-lab / XILS 3
Future Audio Workshop has released version 1.1.5 of Circle, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
With the latest release of Circle, we are finally happy to announce that we are 64 Bit ready on both OSX and Windows. This latest release is hot out of beta testing and ready for use in your music. Thanks to everyone for your patience while we prepared this release.
Changes in Circle v1.1.5
- Font renderings now fully retina.
- Main Analog Modelled Filter Algorithm’s have improved sound quality.
- Stability issues in Ableton Live on OS X have been solved.
- Windows installer now allows for optional 32-bit & 64-bit installation.
- Activation issues on Windows have been fixed.
- Many more under the interface improvements of which there are too many to mention, all helping to make Circle more stable and smooth running on OS X and Windows.
Circle is available for purchase for $69 USD / 49 EUR.
More information: Future Audio Workshop / Circle
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
, Versilian Studios
Posted in news
on Apr 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Versilian Studios has announced the release of Timpani, VS Upright No. 1 and VS Chamber Orchestra, three new virtual instruments.
Kontakt version of Versilian Studio’s Timpani virtual instrument.
New Versilian Studios instruments
- Timpani: Extensively sampled Timpani (Wholetone sampling; 4-6x RR, 5 Velocity Layers, stereo). Available for Kontakt and also as a VSTi/AU. Price $15 USD.
- VS Upright No. 1: Medium-sized sampled upright piano ideal for sketches (3 velocity layers, 2x RR, sampled in tritones to reduce size). Available as a VSTi/AU. Free or donation.
- VS Chamber Orchestra: Very light selection of orchestral and wind ensemble instruments ideal for beginner composers (featuring concert flute, clarinet, bassoon, F horn, trumpet, tenor bone, bass bone, tubular bells, xylophone, glockenspiel, timpani, large percussion section, harp, piano, solo violin, and violin section, all using accurate ranges). Free or donation.
Versilian Studios has also ported a number of its previously released products to the Kontakt format.
- Dan Tranh: Vietnamese pentatonic zither that uses metal strings.
- Tubular Bells: Suspended chimes used to emulate church bells in orchestral music.
- Glockenspiel: Deep-sampled chime-like mallet instrument.
- Handchimes: Strange cross between a hand-bell and a tuning fork.
More information: Versilian Studios
A.O.M. has released version 1.7.2 of its Invisible Limiter, Stereo Imager D, Wave Shredder, tranQulizr, and Cyclic Panner effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
All plugins has been updated to 1.7.2. This is a maintenance release but several enhancements are shipped with. Invisible Limiter has a new UI design by Ryo Asakura.
The new GUI of Invisible Limiter, a transparent look-ahead brickwall limiter with automatic attack/release-time optimization.
Changes in version 1.7.2
- [Invisible Limiter] Shipped with a new skin, designed by Ryo Asakura from Seventhgraphics.
- [Invisible Limiter] Adds “Suppress” mode in OVERSHOOT parameter. In this mode, Invisible Limiter adds small amount of reduction to signal instead of clipping in “Clip” mode. Suppress mode brings analog-like sound, such as more gentle mid-high and fatter mid-low compared with same setup in Clip mode.
- [Invisible Limiter] Sets knob’s default value to correct one. Users now can revert knob values to default by Ctrl-clicking.
- [tranQuilizr] Adds over-0dB indicator.
- [tranQuilizr] Performance improvement for 10-20%. This version is now 2.6 times faster compared with its initial release.
- [All Plugins] Add prior notice of license expiration. Notification will be displayed if days to expire is 30 or less.
- [All plugins for AAX-Native and AU] Employs new crash guards. Plugins handle internal errors more gently and record it to log file for problem resolution.
- [tranQuilizr for AAX-Native] Enables Alt+Drag operations in ProTools.
- [tranQuilizr for VST, Windows] Fixes equalizing curve was incorrectly displayed when a project is reopened in SONAR.
- [tranQuilizr] Fixes crashing bug when any band-solo is enabled.
The A.O.M. Audio Plug-ins v1.7.2 is now available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX).
More information: A.O.M.
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Apr 07, 2014 - 0 comments
Flux has announced that its plug-ins and bundles are now available in AAX HD-X versions.
Today with the release of Syrah v3 we also release the +AAX DSP version for the AVID HD-X platform of all our bundles, including Dynamix Pack 1.1 and Full Pack 2.1
All our Flux:: series plug-ins are now available in v3 versions, AU/VST/AAX Native/AAX DSP in 32 and 64 bits, with the exception of Alchemist that still is 32 bit and AU / VST / RTAS only, but will during May 2014 be released in AAX Native & 32/64 bit, as a FREE upgrade for all owners of the plug-in or a bundle that contains it.
As with all our v3 plug-ins, our bundles are available in two different product versions:
* Native – supporting AU / VST / AAX Native
* +AAX DSP – supporting AU / VST / AAX Native / AAX DSP
All current owners of any of our AAX DSP licences will, in addition to the AAX DSP/Native version, from today also be able to use the Native v3 versions (AU / VST ) of the AAX DSP software they own. Simply download the corresponding Native v3 installer and install it.
The Flux Series plug-ins and bundles are 50% off through April 2014.
More information: Flux
Wavosaur has released version 1.3 of its VST Speek free text-to-speech plug-in, which is now also available for the Mac OS X platform.
VST Speek and AU Speek are free text to speech plugins for recreating the sound of the Commodore 64 Software Automatic Mouth vocal synthesis software.
This is not a vocal synth like “Vocaloïd”, it’s intended to do crunchy robotic lofi techno voices!
Changes in VST Speek
- Fixed crash in Cubase when selecting preset from drop down menu.
- Added hack for Presonus Studio One : text is now editable.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- Mac OS X versions now available:
- VST Speek 64-bit Cocoa for Mac OS X 10.8 or higher.
- VST Speek 32-bit Carbon for older Mac OS X versions.
- AudioUnit AUSpeek 32 & 64-bit Cocoa for Mac OS X 10.8.
- AudioUnit AUSpeek 32-bit carbon for older Mac OS X versions.
VST Speek is available as a free download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Wavosaur / VST Speek
eaReckon has released version 1.3 of its EAReverb effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
EAReverb is a true stereo reverb unit. EAReverb is 100% algorithmic. It does not use any IR files. Early reflections are built “on-the-fly” depending on your own settings. The size parameter has an impact on early reflections and late reverb… Switching from a size to another will immediately put your music or sounds in a place that matches your choice.
Changes in EAReverb v1.3
- A new “Gate” module can be used to create a gated reverb as we were used to do it in the 80′s.
This module is a “sidechain” gate (its “Key Input” is used internally). The gate module affects the “wet” signal only but it is triggered by the “dry” one.
- “Limit” option. By disabling the internal limiter, EAReverb should be considered as a zero-latency effect by your DAW.
- “Boost” option. The Mix knob has been formerly thought to provide coherent results at 50% (when compared to a real environment). As per user request, the “Boost” option is a way to get the Mix knob behaving differently (more consistent output level).
EAReverb for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 129 EUR.
More information: eaReckon / EAReverb
Voxengo has released version 1.6 of its TransGainer, an effect plug-in that implements an audio signal envelope adjustment algorithm that reacts on transients rather than on a signal’s loudness level.
TransGainer allows you to specify positive or negative gain adjustment for a sound’s transient stage. You can also choose an expected average time between transients and transient threshold level so that the algorithm delivers you the most precise results possible. With the help of TransGainer you can pass the border from good to excellent audio recordings.
This updated version 1.6 introduces a new “Precise B” algorithm which is better suited for mix and bus (broadband) processing.
Transgainer for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $79.95 USD.
More information: Voxengo / TransGainer