Defective Records has released version 1.5 of CycliC, a step sequencer instrument for Windows and Mac.
At a high level, Cyclic consists of a set of 32 note values (or rests). This sequence of notes is cycled through (hence the name) by up to six “subsequences.” These multiple subsequences, each with different parameters, produce very interesting overall results when summed together.
Although it is easy to understand and use, Cyclic allows for sequences with a much greater degree of variation and liveliness than traditional step sequencers, often with unexpected results, even with small changes in note values and/or subsequence parameters.
Changes in CycliC v1.5
- VST plugin instrument hosting for up to 3 plugins.
- Per step Velocity, Gate, CC1 and CC2 control.
- Override Note, Velocity and/or Gate options per track.
- Override Velocity to zero, allows for “CC-only” tracks.
- MIDI CC control of almost all parameters, including easy to use MIDI learn feature.
- Constrain random value ranges.
- Ability to constrain random parameter range.
- Added . key to toggle between Main and Setup.
- Added P key for Panic.
- Added LED for MIDI clock.
- Significantly reduced CPU use, especially on graphics-challenged systems.
- Active step now highlighted in white, easier to see.
- Updated Mutable Instruments logo.
- Added tool tip for presets to remind how to store/recall presets.
- Fixed Preferences name.
- Built with Max version 6.1.5 (2117171, 32 bit).
CycliC for Windows and Mac (VST) is available to purchase for $40 USD.
More information: Defective Records / CycliC
D16 Group has announced a Black Friday Sale, offering its LuSH-101 virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac at a 50% discount for a limited time.
Black Friday has begun!
Get LuSH-101 with 50% discount using the coupon code BLACK2013 during purchase. Just enter it in proper field of checkout form.
Hurry up! this promotion is valid till December 2nd, 2013.
More information: D16 Group / LuSH-101
Wolfgang Palm has announced the release of PPG WaveGenerator for Mac OS X and Windows, a synthesizer instrument that was first released for iOS.
Now the same great synth takes advantage of the additional power found on desktop and laptop computers to allow users to use this as a in their favourite Mac and PC DAW as a 64 or 32 bit VSTi. AU is to planned to follow shortly.
The PPG WaveGenerator comes with a multitude of wavetables. The sound material contains the typical sounds from the original PPG wave models, as well as many new sounds generated by versatile analysis tools and also hand edited waves.
This plugin enables the user, to create his own wavetables in a playful way, and to hear the result immediately. Also you can construct the waves by adding harmonics very precise.
PPG WaveGenerator features
- Creation of your own waves and wavetables.
- Playful sound creation simply by drawing or picking harmonics.
- 256 waves assembled within a wave grid.
- 3 Audio Oscillators.
- 3 Noise generators, for audio and modulations.
- Classic 24 dB low pass filter, combined with an overdrive simulation.
- Dual amplifier, for versatile control of 2 audio signals as well as panning.
- 13 Envelopes, for control of pitch, waveform, filter, noise, gain, and panning.
- 4 LFOs.
- Powerful Step Sequencer with playback arpeggiator.
- Delay/Reverb effect.
- Audio engine with 2 synthesis modes, and variable wave blending quality.
- Directly accessible context help for each module.
- Transform pictures into a sound.
- Free configurable schematic keypad, with extremely expressive modulation possibilities.
- PPG WaveGenerator comes with more than 300 sounds of all categories, created by our sound designer team.
- Transfer patches from the iPad app to the desktop app.
The plug-in is available for Windows and Mac (VST) for 99 EUR. AU support is coming soon.
More information: Wolfgang Palm / PPG WaveGenerator
Acustica Audio has launched the Cooltec EQP-1 Program Equalizer Plug-In Suite, a bundle of 7 effect plug-ins in collaboration with CD Sound Master.
This suite is created to provide you with a rare piece of American Music History. This is a world-class, world-famous, original “Cooltec” designed as the very first in the “EQP” line, using the original transformers and vacuum tubes.
It uses vacuum tubes to provide the proper gain staging and an inductor for the amazing input frequency processing.
Cooltec EQP-1 Suite features
- High Attenuation: Fixed Frequency Shelf Cut Equalization in 1/2dB steps from 0dB to 11dB. Increasing the “Attenuation” control reduces the wide shelf high frequencies.
- High Boost: High Bell Boost Equalization in 1/2dB steps from 0dB to 11dB. Five “Q” Bandwidth options. Frequencies for High Boost: 3kHz, 5kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, and 12kHz (designated as KCS, meaning KiloCycles per Second). The High Boost Plug-In has a “Q” Width” control. These 5 buttons control the width of the bell-shaped frequency. Clicking button 1 activates the most narrow “Q” width. Clicking button 5 activates the widest “Q” shape.
- High Boost/Cut: Simultaneous Boost and Cut on a single controller from 0dB to 11dB in 1dB steps. Five “Q” Bandwidth options. Fixed Shelf Cut Frequency with Simultaneous Bell Boost Frequencies: 3kHz, 5kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, and 12kHz (designated as KCS, meaning KiloCycles per Second). The High Boost/Cut Plug-In has a “Q” Width” control. These 5 buttons control the width of the bell-shaped frequency. Clicking button 1 activates the most narrow “Q” width. Clicking button 5 activates the widest “Q” shape.
- Low Attenuation: Low Shelf Frequency Cut Equalization in 1/2dB steps from 0dB to 11dB. Frequencies for Cut: 30Hz, 60Hz, and 100Hz (designated as CPS, meaning Cycles per Second).
- Low Boost: Low Shelf Frequency Boost Equalization in 1/2dB steps from 0dB to 11dB. Frequencies for Boost: 30Hz, 60Hz, and 100Hz (designated as CPS, meaning Cycles per Second).
- Low Boost/Cut: Low Shelf Simultaneous Boost and Cut Equalization in 1/2dB steps from 0dB to 11dB. Frequencies for Simultaneous Boost and Cut: 30Hz, 60Hz, and 100Hz (designated as CPS, meaning Cycles per Second).
- Preamp EQ In/EQ Out: Dynamic Signal Path of the EQP-1 with program selection between EQ In and EQ Out. Drive – warmth/harmonic distortion control. Click the “EQ On” button to use the sound of the electronics of the Cooltec with the EQ set to 0dB and engaged in the signal path. Click the “EQ Off” button to use the sound of the electronics of the Cooltec with the EQ removed from the signal path.
The suite is available for Windows (VST), priced at 89 EUR.
More information: Acustica Audio / Cooltec EQP-1
The Sound Guy has announced that through Thanksgiving (and maybe beyond), it is offering a free copy of SFX Machine RT to anyone who signs up for its (infrequent) mailing list.
Designed for simplicity and ease of use, SFX Machine RT offers quick and easy access to over 250 presets.
Simply choose an effect category, click on a preset, tweak the sliders, and you’re done. Click the Random button for who knows what.
In addition to its unprecedented range of effects, SFX Machine RT can also be used as a “Swiss Army Knife” of audio utilities. If you’re new to SFX Machine, try the interactive SFX Machine simulator.
Sign up here to get your free copy of SFX Machine RT.
More information: The Sound Guy / SFX Machine RT