vxxy has announced the production of the DCM8, a dedicated chip tune drum machine.
We announce the production of our first electronic musical instrument the DCM8 Digital Chiptune Drum machine, born from a desire to have chip music sounds in an easy to use studio desk sequencer and live performance package after wearing out our Gameboys with manic button bashing, and also wanting a few other sound styles thrown in for good measure.
- 64 Patterns in 8 banks of 8.
- Selectable 8, 16 or 32 steps per pattern with half, normal and double speed timing scales.
- Adjustable instrument volume, decay and pitch on per step basis.
- Dual channel architecture with wide range of retro and unique preset sounds generated by a scripted synthesis engine.
- 255 digitally synthesized chip sounds, consisting of 223 presets and 32 user generated patches.
- 8 Levels of live undo on each pattern.
- 8 Songs with 128 pattern selections.
- Clear, Copy and Paste 8, 16 or 32 steps between patterns.
- EEPROM based storage of all patterns and user data, with SYSEX backup.
- MIDI input and output.
The DCM8 is scheduled for release in early November. A special limited time pre-order price of €349 + delivery, with a choice of white, blue or red LEDs will be available soon.