Waldorf has introduced 2-Pole, a new hardware analog filter unit.
2-Pole is giving the guitar player, the DJ, or the keyboard player access to the heart of the Waldorf sound – with an inspiring user interface with a one knob/one function philosophy.
Spice up your live performances with dramatic filter sweeps that really cut through. Funk up your guitar licks by hooking a pedal controller to 2-Poles’ cutoff CV In or using the integrated envelope follower. Animate your pad sounds using 2-Pole’s LFO.
But beware – no matter what you do with this tiny black box, make sure you set the levels to your amplifiers and speakers correctly, as 2-Pole is yet another beast from Waldorf – with love!
- Fully analog signal path: Preamp -> Filter -> Overdrive.
- Award winning Waldorf analog multimode filter technology.
- Filter can be modulated by LFO, envelope follower or external signal.
- Preamp with overdrive capability for direct connection of instruments like bass or guitar.
- Post-filter overdrive with adjustable gain.
- LFO with different ranges, rate up to several kHz.
- Envelope follower with trigger section and different modes.
- True Bypass.
- Cascadable to stereo (for two 2-pole units).
Pricing and availability TBA.
More information: Waldorf / 2-Pole
Beat magazine has announced the Beat Studio Starter Kit, a collection of 40 full version software for your studio.
It was never easier and cheaper to build your own studio and to take the first step on the stairway to professional production.
With the „Beat Workzone – Studio Starter Kit“ the German Beat magazine put a complete virtual studio on a DVD.
Including sequencers for recording, cutting or podcasting, synthesizers for melodies, basslines and drums, and a lot of effect plug-ins to shape your sound.
The 40 full versions include
- FXpansion Geist Lite
- Waldorf Edition LE
- UVI Electro Suite LE
- Cableguys Curve 2 BE
- Sennheiser DrumMic’a!
- AudioRealism ADM 606
- Tone2 Warmverb
The Starter Kit is available to purchase for 9.90 EUR at the news stand or online.
More information: Beat / Beat Studio Starter Kit
Waldorf has announced the release of Attack!, a soundset by Piotr Jablonski for the Blofeld synthesizer.
Over 27 MB loaded with 145 samples of various percussive noises including acoustic drums and cymbals, anthemic TR-808 and TR-909 samples, ethnic bells, vinyl pops, strange clicks and noises and completely sampled vintage Korg DDD-5 drum machine in all of its 12-bit glory.
128 sound patches are sorted and labelled plus 7 multi sets.
The soundset is available to purchase for 30 EUR (incl. VAT for EU).
More information: Waldorf / Attack!
Soundcells has released version 4 of Analog Signature, a ReFill featuring five vintage beasts for the Reason Rack.
With version 4 of Analog Signature a new member is added to the family: the ROLAND Jupiter 6!
Moog Source, Korg MS20, the Waldorf Microwave 1, the Waldorf Pulse 1, and – from version 4 onwards – the Roland Jupiter 6 have been accurately sampled in such a way that their charming inaccuracies are still there in this perfect Reason environment in which Soundcells took their chance to add polyphony and velocity.
A good balance of retro 1970′ s and 80′ s analog / digital sounds with modern programming makes this ReFill versatile for current styles of music as well as retro …
Analog Signature v4 features
- 540 combinator patches.
- 276 NNXT patches containing the basic patches which were used to build the combinators.
- 1792 samples, 44 khz / 24bit.
- Samples coming from five classic synthesizer.
- 10 demo tracks in Reason format included.
The ReFill is available to purchase for 29.90 EUR.
More information: Soundcells / Analog Signature
Sonic Faction has announced the release of the Mutant Synth Pack, a collection of classic synthesizers for Ableton Live.
The pack features meticulously sampled iconic synths, reactivated from the 70s, 80s, and 90s.
The bundle includes new 3 instruments:
- The Clone, based on the classic Roland SH-101
- Puls8or, sampled from the notorious Waldorf Pulse+
- and Rouge-One, modeled after the legendary Sequential Circuits PRO-ONE.
Mutant Synth Pack also includes a custom Max for Live device to control sounds with the Ableton Push, Akai APC40 and Novation Launchpad.
The patch allows you to draw in melodies, chords, and modulation. It also features the unique Spiral LED light pattern generator.
Mutant Synth Pack is available to purchase for $40 USD.
More information: Sonic Faction / Mutant Synth Pack
Related: Groove Criminals
, samples and sound libraries
, sound fx
, Sounds to Sample
Posted in news
on Oct 01, 2013
The Groove Criminals has announced the release of Analogue Synth FX and Analogue Synth Percussion, two new sample packs.
The Groove Criminals are proud to release their new range of compact, low cost but high quality sample packs under the Groove Criminals Essentials banner. Designed to be an affordable way of building up a set of go-to sounds and samples for a wide range of music productions.
Groove Criminals Essentials packs
- Analogue Synth FX – A collection of 100% analogue synth FX all sourced from the Groove Criminals’ stash of analogue synths, both new and vintage. The 112 24-bit WAV samples include sweeps, drops, risers, one-off hits and just plain fat, bubbly analogue goodness to top off any track.
Synths used to make this pack include the Roland SH101, Moog Little Phatty, Waldorf Pulse, Artura Minibrute, Roland SH09, Yamaha CS5, the Korg Monotron series and Synare 3. Strictly analogue processing comes courtesy of the Electrix Filter Factory, Vermona filters and a fully stocked Moog Moogerfooger rig.
- Analogue Synth Percussion – A collection of percussive hits all created from an enviable stack of analogue drum synths. From deep booms and fat bleeps to sharp twangs and metallic tones, these 120 24- bit WAV hits will help to inject some analogue goodness alongside more traditional drum sounds.
The 100% analogue sound sources used to create this versatile sample pack include a Vermona DRM1 Mk3, JoMox Air Base 99, Synare 3, Amdek PCK-100 percussion synth, Artura Minibrute, Roland SH09 and Yamaha CS5.
The sample packs are available to purchase at Sounds To Sample for £5 GBP each.
More information: Sounds To Sample
Waldorf has announced the availability of its Pulse 2, a new monophonic analog synthesizer.
Pulse 2 Analog Synthesizer is proof positive that good things can come to those that wait.
For ever since this high-quality synthesizer developer discontinued its original rack-mountable Pulse and Pulse+ programmable analogue monosynths boasting ballsy bass tones and legendary leads beyond compare, those Nineties electronic music dominating sounds have been severely sought after by those in the know.
Which was exactly what drove us into development overdrive to produce an all-new Pulse fit for the 21st Century.
Pulse 2 features
- 3 analog oscillators + 1 noise generator.
- Pulse width modulation.
- Hard sync.
- Filter FM from Oscillator 3.
- Ring Modulation from Oscillator 3.
- XOR Osc Mode.
- 8/4 Voice Paraphonic modes.
- Cascade Filter.
- 24dB/12db Lowpass, 12db Highpass/Bandpass filter modes.
- Powerful Arpeggiator.
- 8-slot Modulation Matrix.
- External analog signal input.
- Stereo line out.
- Headphone out.
- Backwards compatible with classic Pulse.
- 128×64 character backlit LCD.
- 8 stainless steel knobs.
- 500 Sound Programs.
- Electron-absorbing black case.
Pulse 2 is available to purchase for SRP 461 EUR/$610 USD (excluding tax).
More information: Waldorf / Pulse 2
Waldorf has announced its Summer Sale, offering a 30% discount on selected products for a limited time.
After a hot summer you really should integrate some of this heat and set your next production on fire. To make it easier for you, in the next couple of days we will provide you with some of the best sounding VST-PlugIns at a reduced price.
Get your copy of Blofeld License SL, Waldorf Edition, Waldorf Edition Upgrade, Largo Synthesizer, Lector Vocoder, Lector Upgrade, Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V or Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V upgrade with a 30% discount! Don’t miss this chance and visit our webshop until next Sunday (August 25) to secure 30% on your new PlugIns by using this coupon code: hot30
The sale ends August 25th, 2013.
More information: Waldorf