D-Touch.org has released the D-Touch Drum Machine, a drum machine with a tangible user interface.
It is controlled by placing and arranging physical objects on an A4 piece of paper, which we call the interactive area.
The interactive area is arranged in 11 rows, each row corresponds to a different sound, as indicated by the text labels. The horizontal position of the blocks on the interactive area determines the timing of the sound trigger within the loop.
You can find detailed instructions on how to assemble and setup your own D-Touch Drum Machine here.
Visit D-Touch.org for more information. Link via MusicThing @ Twitter
Some more interesting things I found on May 30th, 2008:
# The A LA KART Collective – A LA KART vol. 2 – As a follow up to the popular "A La Kart 1", these musical artists have once again collaborated to make a full length CD containing an eccentric blend of electronic music styles and sonic manipulations.
Great music feat. 22Tape, 3am, Jazzyspoon, Madder Than You and zoozither.
# BeatMachine – Amateur – Use your webcam to create beats with the Amateur software by placing objects in the sequencer grid.
# Paul Woolford on Aphex Twin
When Aphex Twin first came on the scene, a flurry of press activity followed. Many attempts were made to find out more about the completely fresh sounds coming from his equipment. He had pricked-up various scenesters’ ears with the Analogue Bubblebath EP, which eventually found its way to the A&R side of trail-blazing Belgian techno label R&S.
# ccMixter to the max: Request For Proposals – Late last year we started a process for moving ccMixter.org, the remix community we launched November 2004, to an entity or person(s) that could take the community to the next (several) levels. Today we’re announcing a Request For Proposals from entities interested in taking over the site.
Related: circuit bending
, random posts
Posted in random posts
on Feb 26, 2008 - 0 comments
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on February 25th, 2008:
Heartbeat MIDI Controller. Watch the YouTube video here.
- Roland TR-505 modular – This Roland TR-505 project involved circuit bending the 505, recasing into an old mixer, and adding two synth circuits. The Remco sound effect generator was added, along with an Atari Punk console.
- ABSOLUT MACHINES – Amazing robotic, web connected ping-pong tossing musical instrument, a large-scale electromechanical sculpture.
- Blt Razendit » CamTheremin – CamTheremin is a freeware program simulating the instrument “theremin” with a webcamera. Touch the sensor lines (drawn into your webcam’s picture) to control pitch and volume of the generated sound.
, R2 D2
, random posts
, Star Wars
Posted in random posts
on Sep 24, 2007 - 0 comments
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on September 23rd, 2007:
- visualsoftheworld.com – Longest page? Currently 24393.72 cm long, ready to scroll?
- Braille Graffiti – An attempt to create a unique moment for a blind person who might happen across one of these bits of braille graffiti.
- Firefly PCB – A small (around one watt) tube-based guitar amplifier using three inexpensive and readily available vacuum tubes. The entire amp can be built for less than $200.
- Ovi – The door to Nokia’s internet services – Ovi will include the Nokia Music Store, Nokia Maps and N-Gage games.
- Robotic Insect Takes Off – A life-size, robotic fly has taken flight at Harvard University. Weighing only 60 milligrams, with a wingspan of three centimeters, the tiny robot’s movements are modeled on those of a real fly.
- Build an antique style crystal radio – A crystal radio, or crystal set as it is sometimes called, is a radio that only uses the power of the radio waves picked up by the antenna to generate the sound heard in the head phones.
- The R2-D2 Wireless Web Camera – Commemorating the 30th anniversary of the original iconic Star Wars film.