Related: Dangerous Bear
, de la Mancha
, Dusted William Sounds
, H.G. Fortune
, Hardcore Harmonics
, Impact Soundworks
, Indie Dev Collective
, Manytone Music
, Nucleus SoundLab
, Perimeter Sound
, Rough Diamond Productions
Posted in news
on May 17, 2010 - 1 comment
The Indie Dev Collective has launched with a collaborative sale, offering up to 65% discount on various products.
We are a group of 12 plug-in and soundware developers who have banded together to bring you a massive collaborative sale on synths, effects, and samples. Up to 65% off – over 50 deals on more than 90 products!
The following developers participate in the Indie Dev Collective:
- Dangerous Bear Underground – Synths, Samples & Soundbanks
- de la Mancha – VST Synths & Effects
- Dusted William Sounds – Samples & Loops
- H.G. Fortune – VST Synths & Sequencers, & Samples
- Hardcore Harmonics/Supersynths – VSTi & Soundbanks
- Impact Soundworks – Soundbanks & Samples
- Manytone – VST Synths & Samples
- Nucleus Soundlab – Soundbanks, Refills & Samples
- Perimeter Sound Arts – Loops & Presets
- Ugo – VST Synths & Effects
- Westgate Sounds – Soundbanks & Samples
- whiteLABEL – VST Effects
The collaborative sale is available from May 17 until May 31, 2010.
More information: Indie Dev Collective
Westgate Sounds has released Spectral Anomaly, a collection of 41 sounds created by using only the Spectral Engine in Camel Audio’s Alchemy instrument.
Each sound started out as a fractal image and then had other images applied over it or deleted from it in various stages of opacity.
Those sounds were sampled and then run through different FX chains.
The end result is 41 single sampled stereo .wav files, 134 Mb.
Also available in .sf2 format – 41 single sampled mono sounds in 1 67.2 Mb .SF2 file.
Spectral Anomaly is available to purchase for $5 USD.
More information: Westgate Sounds / Spectral Anomaly
Westgate Sounds has released Wraith, a free Anomaly demo and .sf2 player created by H.G. Fortune.
Wraith comes with an internal soundset composed of 32 sounds from Anomaly 3 – Pads, 32 sounds from Anomaly IV – Wasteland and 32 sounds from Anomaly VI – Textures in Bank 0. In Bank 1 are 96 sounds provided by HG Fortune.
There is an internal bank of 128 presets by Daniel Kemp. The first 64 presets use only sounds in Bank 0 while the last 64 presets use sounds from both Bank 0 and Bank 1.
Wraith will also load external .SF2 files. So you can use other soundfonts and combine them with either the Anomaly or the HG Fortune sounds, or use it as a .SF2 player.
- 2 oscillators with sf2 based PCM waveforms.
- 24dB Lowpass filter with resonance per synthvoice.
- Spook fx as global fx.
- BassEnhancer to enhance low frequencies (works indenpendently from panned signal).
- Brilliance knob to enhance upper frequencies.
- Delay synced to bpm with manual offset knob.
- 2 ADSR envelope generators (one for Filter, one for VCA).
- 4 LFO and one Sample & Hold.
Wraith is available as a freeware VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC.
More information: Westgate Sounds / Wraith
Westgate Sounds has announced the release of Anomaly VI – Textures, a new sample library in the Anomaly series.
Deviation or departure from the normal or common order, form, or rule.
One that is peculiar, irregular, abnormal, or difficult to classify.
Anomaly VI – Textures features
- SFZ Universal Soundset
90 sounds, 528 MB with presets for Wusik Engine, Absynth, Kontakt, Dimension Pro and Rapture.
- Wusik Engine
100 presets using only Anomaly VI, 50 presets using mixed Volumes of Anomaly.
- Soundfont (.SF2) format
One .SF2 file of 90 single-sampled sounds, 136 MB (no presets).
- The sounds are a combination of multi-sampled and single-sampled sounds.
The Anomaly VI is available for purchase in SFZ format for $25 USD, and $15 USD for the SoundFont version.
More information: Westgate Sounds
Westgate Sounds has released Dreams and Nightmares 2, a collection of 50 Convolutions and 50 NightmareDrones.
The Convolutions were recorded by taking sounds and playing them through Perfect Space loaded with impulse responses from Spirit Canyon Audio with no dry output, wet output only.
The NightmareDrones were recorded by importing sounds into Camel Audio’s Alchemy instrument via the Additive/Spectral import, tweaking them a bit and then sampling them.
Along the way the sounds were treated to the usual Anomalistic process…..
Dreams and Nightmares 2 is available now in Wusik and .SF2 formats for $20 USD each. Absynth, Kontakt, Dimension Pro and Rapture versions will follow later.
Visit Westgate Sounds for more information and audio demos.
Westgate Sounds has released Dreams and Nightmares, the first of a new series of soundsets that will stand on its own as well as complement the Anomaly series.
Dreams and Nightmares features
- Each soundset consists of both Light (Dream) and Dark (Nightmare) type sounds.
- The presets features both types of sound, as well as combinations of them.
- Wusikstation edition: 30 stereo sounds, 569 Mb. Playable in Wusikstation V4 and above. Also playable in any Wusik Engine based instrument that uses the V4 or above Wusik Engine. Includes 30 single sound presets and 35 multi sound presets by Daniel Kemp.
- Soundfont (SF2) edition: 30 Mono sounds in one .SF2 file – 145 Mb, 30 Stereo sounds in one .SF2 file – 290 Mb. No presets.
- Absynth edition: 30 Stereo sounds, 285 Mb. 30 Absynth V3 presets in a .glo file, 30 Absynth V4 presets as .ksd files.
The Dreams and Nightmares soundset is available for $10 USD for each edition.
Visit Westgate Sounds for more information and audio demos.
Westgate Sounds has released Anomaly VSTi, a Wusikstation Engine powered virtual instrument for Windows PC.
Anomaly VSTi will be available in two versions:
- Engine Only, no sounds or presets. This uses the Wusikstation v4.6.4 Engine and will be updated to v5 when it is officially released.
- Engine + all 4 volumes of the Anomaly sound libraries as one instrument.
The Engine Only version is available now for $25 USD. The full version including the Anomaly sounds will be available soon.
Visit Westgate Sounds for more information.