HV Synth Design has released FluteCollection, a collection of an acoustic modeled Bass Flute, C(concert)Flute and Piccolo.
The instruments are based on a unique modeling method, called Eclectic Acoustic Synthesis (EAS), created with SynthMaker.
- Very realistic flute sounds,
- Note range: 3 octaves.
- Like real flutes, you can ‘blow’ the models from very soft to very loud with an increment of brightness (the high frequencies become more and more prominent). This is done via modulation wheel or breath controller,
- The C(Concert)Flute can also be played as Jazz Flute, by modifying the bore and adding a lip thrill.
- Low CPU load.
- Controls: Breath Pressure: ModWheel or Breath Controller, Breath Noise (MidiLearn), Vibrato (amplitude and/or pitch), EQ, Fine tuning, Lip Thrill (MidiLearn) (C Flute only), Bore modification (C fFlute only).
FluteCollection is available for purchase now for $139 USD. A trial version can be downloaded.
Visit HV Synth Design for more information and audio demos.
LinPlug has released SaxLab 2, a virtual saxophone instrument plug-in for Windows (Mac version coming).
Inspirational SoundSets combined with an easy-to-use interface make the LinPlug SaxLab the ideal virtual instrument for musicians wanting to emulate real saxophones.
SaxLab 2 features
- Many different sound sets for the various saxophone instruments.
- Monophonic with “real sax” behaviour.
- Adjustable mix of the “Air” layer, the “Keys” layer and the main tonal layer.
- User-definable, velocity-sensitive amplitude envelope.
- Tonal characteristics of the instrument’s overall sound can be defined by the user.
- Real-time control of the instrument’s amplitude, brightness, the amount of room and the “roaring” of the sound.
- Three modes of mono performance: Legato, Retrigger and Alternate.
- Separate control of Up/Down PitchBend and Scoop.
- Adjustable pitch, air and body frequency deviation per note.
- Envelope, LFO and MIDI-controlled vibrato and tremolo.
- Specialized stereo chorus and stereo reverb effects.
- Full Micro Tuning capability (loads TUN files).
- MidiLearn available for every control.
- Sample accurate timing, full automation and settings are saved with the song.
SaxLab 2 is now available for Windows PC for €149 EUR / $199 USD. The upgrade from SaxLab 1 is €39 EUR / $49 USD (Mac version ships soon). A demo version is available for download (requires activation code).
Visit LinPlug for more information and sound demos.
Bela D Media has released Retro Flute, a flute sample library for Kontakt.
Though it will sit extremely well in a Cinematic, Classical or Jazz ensemble track, it is the retro sound used by many progressive rock artists that produces a pure and powerful tone.
Retro Flute features
- Sustained Straight Tone & Vibrato.
- Sung Style.
- Various Staccato Options.
- Repetitions, Overlaying Options.
- Player Breath Noise, Key Noise
- Slide Down, Runs, Flutter, Mordent, Half and Whole Tone Trills.
Retro Flute for Kontakt 2.2.4. or higher (K3 compatible) is available for $119.99 USD.
Visit Bela D Media for more information.
, Becky Stern
, Chris Graham
, random posts
, wind instruments
Posted in random posts
on May 26, 2008
Some interesting things I found on May 26th, 2008:
# glitchDS – A free homebrew Cellular Automaton music sequencer for the Nintendo DS. Perfect for creating IDM and Glitch style loops.
glitchDS – a music sequencer driven by the “game of life”
glitchDS features include:
- Customizable Cellular Automaton sequencer.
- Create your own “trigger points”.
- Load in your own sounds.
- Save and load your work.
- BPM settings, or “strum mode” for controlling tempo.
- Up to 6 sounds can be loaded at once.
- Each sound has its own 32 step frequency modulation sequencer.
- Global Distortion setting.
Check this YouTube video to see glitchDS in action.
# Arduino library for Peggy 2.0 – This brings Peggy 2.0 up to the level of having useful compatibility with the Arduino software environment: you can use high-level commands to control what shows up on the Peggy display.
# Chris Graham’s MultiWind instruments – The Mini Instrument (payable in many styles including brass, harmonica and breath controller) and the Woodwind style instrument, which is convertible from the Mini Instrument by snapping on the Finger Unit.
# Beatesthesia – highly customizable WYSIWYG music visualizer – Inspired in motive and design by synesthesia. Synesthesia from the Ancient Greek (syn), meaning “with,” and (aisthesis), meaning “sensation” is the phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway.
# Noise Toy in a Tea Tin
Becky Stern writes:
I assembled my Noise Toy kit knowing that I wanted to put it in some kind of enclosure, so I made sure to break out all the switches with wires. I found an old tea tin in my father’s shop and he helped me mount the circuit inside. We used a piece of wood to mount the circuit board inside and space the audio jack nearer the center of the lid. The two screws mounting the wood piece sort of look like eyes, and the switches on either side sort of look like ears, if you imagine it as a robot.
Swar Systems has released Volume 4, a sample collection of Indian instruments for use with Swar products.
Volume 4 is our latest addition of rare instruments from all regions of India. Some of them are very difficult to find nowadays.
Volume 4 adds 25 new instruments:
- Strings: Rabab, Mandolin, Tenor Banjo, Ravanhattha, Surbahar, Violin, Ektara, Swarmandal.
- Percussion: Khuang, Halgi, Pung, Manipuri Dhol, Nishan, Bihu Dhol, Daphli, Khartaal, Eddaka, Khol, Bells.
- Wind: Surnaii, Tutari, Pepa, Been, Algozay, Harmonium 3.
Volume 4 brings the number of instruments included in the Swar Systems products to 74. This volume can also be purchased as an add-on for $40 USD.
Visit Swar Systems for more information and audio demos.
Westgate Studios releases Rare Winds and Harps, two titles in the Modular Series 24 bit sample libraries for Kontakt 2 and Gigastudio.
Rare Winds includes the following instruments:
- Sopranino Recorder
- Soprano Recorder
- Alto Recorder
- Tenor Recorder
- Bass Recorder
- Soprano Ocarina
- Tenor Ocarina
- Penny Whistle
- Irish Whistle
You can check the various included playing styles here.
The Harps module features a Concert Harp and a Celtic Harp with single note samples and a large variety of glissando samples.
Rare Winds is available for $125 USD (DVD), while the Harps module costs $140 USD (DVD).
A download version of Rare Winds costs $70 USD (includes only Alto Recorder, Tenor Ocarina and Penny Whistle) and both the Concert Harp and Celtic Harp can be downloaded separately for $70 USD each.
Visit Westgate Studios for more information a