Sonokinetic has announced Shahrazad, a collection of Middle Eastern clarinet performances and legato patches for Native Instruments Kontakt.
We set a goal to capture the same mystic musical quality from the middle eastern musical heritage as represented in ‘Voices of Israel’ and ‘Desert Voice’. The Turkish clarinet is the ideal supplement to the aforementioned; a very versatile and vocalic melody instrument that reflects the microtonal system. The beautiful and mystic character of this sound will capture the imagination of your audience and take them on a 1001 nights journey or fly them through a land of fables and myths in a way that is unmatched in any other woodwind performance sample collection.
- Base samples: 1 instrument patch containing the following styles:
- 5 makam phrase articulations.
- One sustain patch.
- One authentic legato instrument with recorded intervals.
- Single instrument for Kontakt 4.2.3 and higher with 4 panels – Main, IR, EQ & Credits.
- Convolution reverb applied to the multi instrument to represent the original acoustic space.
- Sonokinetic IR space design knob to allow dynamic assignment and configuration of the convolution effects.
- Dynamic sample loading & purging for efficient memory usage.
- Customisable keyswitching system to allow command of articulations in your compositions.
- Visual representation of current key when playing phrases.
- Shahrazad Reference manual (pdf).
- Artwork : “Shahrazad” dvd cover. Designed by Pavel Fuksa.
- Artwork : “Shahrazad” UI art designed by Tomek Maronski.
- Programming : “Shahrazad” Kontakt script and instruments by Blake Robinson.
- Video tutorials. Hosted by Blake Robinson
- Patch auditing. Each patch briefly reviewed.
- Technical tour of the interface.
- Format: All files in 48 kHz, 24bit mono aif format.
- Total size 6.44GB, total amount of samples: 4901 samples.
Shahrazad for Kontakt 4.2.3 is available to purchase for 49.90 EUR.
More information: Sonokinetic / Shahrazad
Loopmasters has released Oriental Ney Bundle, a collection of World Woodwind Series sample packs by EarthMoments.
The Oriental Ney Bundle is a hard-to-resist library of 246 organic and husky ethnic Ney flute loops played by exceptional musicians with unmistakable Turkish emotions, and definitive Middle Eastern colours, with signatures ranging from the down tempo to the upbeat.
Ney is a Persian word meaning reed, as the instrument is made from a piece of hollow cane or reed, dating dates back 4,500–5,000 years, making it one of the oldest musical instruments. Ney is often the only wind instrument used in some Middle Eastern musical traditions.
Oriental Ney Bundle features
- Includes 246 loops and samples.
- Optimised with the closest attention to detail, the Oriental Ney Bundle samples have been recorded using tube Pre-Amps and Mics on 96kHz.
- Available Formats: 24 Bit, 44.1kHz Wav files, Ableton Live Pack.
- Suitable for World, Ethnic, Cinematic genres.
The Oriental Ney Bundle is available to purchase from Loopmasters for £19.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / Oriental Ney Bundle
Syntheway has released version 2.1 of DAL Flute, a virtual flute instrument plug-in for Windows.
DAL Flute is a virtual woodwind instrument combining multi-samples of real flutes with a Digital Signal Processing (DSP) engine. Offers control over several parameters allowing you to sculpt new and interesting sounds.
Changes in DAL Flute v2.1
- Added the Shakuhachi, a Japanese end-blown flute with 8 presets including natural and synthetic sounds.
- Some changes in the graphical interface.
- Minor adjustments have been made to the default settings.
- Added link to website in company logo and updated help/info CHM file by clicking on “question mark” (?) icon.
- Small bug fixes.
DAL Flute for Windows PC (VST) is available to purchase for $29 USD.
More information: Syntheway
SONiVOX on behalf of Fable Sounds has announced the release of Broadway Lites, a value priced selection of instruments articulations from the critically acclaimed Broadway Big Band virtual instrument for Mac and PC.
Fable Sounds’ Broadway Big Band™ Virtual Instrument upon its original release was widely hailed as the first and only virtual instrument to accurately portray contemporary jazz, blues, pop, and r’n’b woodwind, brass, and rhythm instrument’s playing techniques in a playable virtual instrument plugin, and since has been used in countless high-profile film, tv, album, multimedia, theater, and live concert applications.
Broadway Lites™ is designed to carry on this tradition. It features one mic position, and most of the core articulations of a select set of saxophones, trumpets, trombone and clarinet taken from Broadway Big Band™ – Kontakt Edition, as well as being powered by the Kontakt 4 player, incorporating the same integrated advanced articulation scripting found in its bigger counterpart.
Broadway Lites is available to purchase for an MSRP and estimated street price of $499.99 USD. Fable Sounds will also be offering a special upgrade price for registered Broadway Lites users who wish to upgrade from Broadway Lites to Broadway Big Band. This upgrade is available directly through SONiVOX as well as SONiVOX’s international distribution partners.
More information: Fable Sounds / Broadway Lites
, samples and sound libraries
, sound fx
, string instruments
Posted in news
on Oct 08, 2010
Zero-G and Xfonic have released Animato – String & Flute FX for Cinema, a 4.5Gb collection of 24bit cinematic audio inspiration.
Animato contains 3000 samples and 139 separate Kontakt instruments each with its own custom GUI created especially for this project.
Featuring world-class instrumentalists from the renowned Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Animato is a uniquely realistic, expressive and playable Orchestral Effects library. With a wide sonic range from chaotic, tense effects to beautiful undulating pads. Distant pianissimo sirens can shift seamlessly to fortissimo ungodly screeches all at the simple command of your Mod Wheel.
The 20th century saw the extreme sonic possibilities and expressive potential of classical instruments gradually become standard compositional tools of pioneering concert and film composers. Now at last, many of the best and most exciting possibilities are presented here in an easy to control format utilising the massive sonic capabilities of Kontakt enabling you to change microphone positions or ensemble size at the turn of a knob.
The unique depth and complexity of sound presented here is the product of many instrumentalists playing complex, changing parts together – a quality heard in full live orchestral performances but impossible to re-create using standard orchestral sample libraries, where stacking up many straight-played notes in a sequencer only results in a flat, straight-played sound.
This library is perfect for adding realistic strings and woodwind effects to soundtracks, TV programmes and games but it is also ideal for contemporary commercial producers looking for authentic live sounds that give their productions a leading edge.
Animato – String & Flute FX for Cinema is available to purchase on DVD (Acid™WAV/Kontakt) from Time+Space for £89.95 GBP / 109 EUR.
More information: Time+Space / Animato