, audio interface
, sample player
, sound design
Posted in news
on Apr 04, 2013
SKYLIFE has announced the release of SampleRobot Single-X for Mac OS X.
With SampleRobot Single-X musicians and sound designers can create professional sample sets and transfer their instruments easily to the digital domain. One can also turn virtual instruments into multi-samples for hardware sample players and workstations.
SampleRobot Single-X offers a lot of sophisticated sampling and auto-loop features from his award-winning brother SampleRobot Pro. Single-X stands for „Single Export Format“ and is appropriate if using mostly one sampler type and therefore only one export format is needed.
These different export format options are available: Wave, Kontakt and Reason, Alchemy, Soundfont 2, Blofeld, HALion, WusikStation, SFZ / Dimension
For precise audio loop editing and advanced auto processing SampleRobot Single-X can be combined with SKYLIFE WaveRobot as an upgrade.
SampleRobot Single-X now includes installers for Apple OS X (Mountain Lion, Lion & Snow Leopard) as well as Microsoft Windows (8, 7, Vista & XP).
Changes in SampleRobot 4.51
- New SKYLIFE server connection for registration and online content.
- Mac: New installers for OS X fully compatible with OS 10.8, including a new framework with many optimizations and speed advantages, streamlined recording processes and path architecture, combined with enhanced support for various audio interfaces.
- PC: Enhanced support for Windows 8 including a new virtual interface. SampleRobot can be connected to the SKYLIFE SampleRobot Instrument Host which will be released shortly. In conjunction with the SKYLIFE SampleRobot Virtual Cable this virtual interface has the ability to sample virtual instruments and all audio streams that play on the same computer like web radio, music streams and other media data (abiding by relevant copyright laws and license agreements).
SKYLIFE SampleRobot Virtual Cable + Instrument Host is a discrete product that can be used in conjunction with SampleRobot as well as independently with other applications. The download will be available soon on the SKYLIFE STORE.
SampleRobot Single-X for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $59 USD / 49 EUR / £39 GBP. A bundle with WaveRobot costs $129 USD / 99 EUR / £85 GBP.
More information: SKYLIFE / SampleRobot Single-X
Wusik has released The Hyper Collection, a soundset for the Wusik Station rompler synthesizer instrument for Windows.
In this set we try to come with totally different ideas, using Granular Synthesis with regular in-house sounds, plus, field recorded sounds, to come up with new sound textures. Plus, creative preset creation to really push the limits of the Wusik Station Engine. Be sure to listen to all audio examples to hear what’s inside this set. The best part is that you can use presets as a base for your own sound experiments. Just load a preset and switch sounds with your own samples, or sample with the Wusik Station Sampler feature, here’s where the fun starts!
The Hyper Collection features
- Over 280 presets in the following categories: Granular SFX (135), Looped SEQs (9), Regular SFX (28), SEQ SFX (38), Synth Sync (14), Tuned Waveforms (31), Ultra Saws (10), Vocoder SEQs (17).
- Format: mostly WAV files with a few SFZ sets and Wusik Station V6 Presets. (Compatible with V7 too)
The soundset is available to purchase for $14.95 USD.
More information: Wusik / The Hyper Collection
Wusik has announced the official release of Wusik Station V7, a virtual synthesizer instrument plug-in for Windows.
This time there are no new major features, only some small additions plus the big job of converting the whole code to 64 bit format. (yes, it was a big job, thank you Asseca for helping us out)
Currently the biggest change is 64 bit support. (we will still provide 32 bit versions as before) Sadly we had to drop all the Assembly code, so the new code is not greatly optimized as before, but we are still updating it where possible.
New in Wusik Station V7
- 64-bit native version added.
- Support mono/stereo single cycle waveforms, which are automatically looped and tuned if a .WAV file does not contain loop points. The maximum length allowed for a single cycle waveform is < 0.0625 of the waveform's sample rate.
- View documentation via System Menu.
- Switch between CPU: C++/Vector via System Menu.
Wusik Station V7 for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $75 USD.
More information: Wusik
Xenos Soundworks has released Tesseract, a sound set for the Wusik Station virtual instrument.
With 186 presets and 120 new waveroms squeezed into a 175 MB file, Tesseract offers a big sound with only a small footprint on your hard drive.
Tesseract provides the user with a wide variety of dark, moody and edgy sounds pefect for Dark Ambient, IDM, Atmospheric Drum & Bass and Industrial music.
Tesseract for Wusikstation version 3.0 and higher is available to purchase for the introductory price of $4.95 USD until January 31, 2011.
More information: Xenos Soundworks / Tesseract
, group buy
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Dec 27, 2010
Wusik has announced the Get-Ready-For-2011 Group Buy, a limited time group buy for Wusik Station and more.
Since several users requested for another Group-Buy towards 2011, instead of the previous promo, we decided to start a new GB deal which we hope everybody will enjoy and help promoting.
Wusik Get-Ready-For-2011 Group Buy includes:
- Wusik Station V6 (Windows Only – includes the new official V6 full installer plus extra sounds)
- Wusik EVE V3 (Win/Mac compatible VST/AU – includes the Mellotronix and Genesis sound sets plus extras)
- Wusik Station V7 (PreOrder – Mac and Windows)
- Wusik Fuse Box (PreOrder – Mac and Windows)
Additional sound banks and tools will be offered when the group buy hits 100/150/200 users. The Group Buy is available until 2 January, 2011. Maximum discount price is at 100 users: $59.95 (full) / $39.95 USD (upgrade).
More information: Wusik
Wusik has announced the release of Wusik EVE 3, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
EVE stands for Electronic Vintage Ensemble, which suggests the design philosophy behind the instrument. EVE was made to recreate in the virtual world of softsynths the exciting and immediate experience of the early age of electronics in pop, rock and jazz music from the 1960’s and 1970’s.
Changes in Wusik EVE v3
- Added: Stereo and Mono WusikSND Support.
- Added: 32 and 16 bits WusikSND Support. Plus, the 16 bit files will use 16 bit buffers but 32 bit processing, therefore, the same audio-quality but with half the memory usage.
- Added: Quality option with up to 16 times Oversampling.
- Added: Integrated ARP with several options.
- Added: User-Skinable option via BMP files. (no resizing).
- Added: One shot sounds: once a sample is done playing, it releases the voice (eg: drum sounds).
- Added: The preset browser on the right now let you browse banks and sounds too, with no limitations of sub-folders and file-name lengths.
- Added: The preset browser now has the following options for presets: copy, paste, move up, move down, init, remove and rename.
- Added: Master Vibrato (“V” knob next to Fine-Tune – On by default) Assigned to both Mod-Wheel and Aftertouch, but Aftertouch has priority, so if your keyboard has this function, it disables the Mod-Wheel for the Master Vibrato.
- Added: Option to Bypass all Effects. (global menu).
- Updated: Midi-Learn now supports Aftertouch.
- Updated: Improved Pitch-Bend. (Smooth).
- Fixed: audio problem with short waveforms (eg: pure sine).
- Fixed: ARP not working on some patches. (3.0.1)
- Fixed: a few internal stability problems. (3.0.1)
- Changed: no longer display the WusikSND picture file, but the waveform instead. (3.0.1)
Wusik EVE v3 is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) in the “Mid-2010 Group Buy” (including Wusik Station, Wusik Fuse Box, and more) for $59.95 USD. An upgrade is available to previous Wusik customers for $39.95 USD.
More information: Wusik
Wusik has released version 6.0 of Wusik Station, a virtual sampler/rompler instrument for Windows.
Since it started, it got more and more features asked for by users, a new interface, easier way to load presets and much more. Its been rated by users the number one choice when creating songs. It can cover pretty much any style of music. From NewAge to SoundTracks, from Dance to Techno.
Changes in Wusik Station v6.0
- Added: New Multi Preset Layer. Now you can have 16 times more Layers, WaveSequencers and GrooveSequencers. Each Multi Preset Layer can load a full WusikPRST file.
- Added: New TreeView File Browser which lets you browse not just the Wusik Station Data Folder, but your entire Drive(s) on your computer. With several options, like Drag-and-Drop to move files around, copy, paste, rename, move, new-folder, search and other options.
- Added: Drawable Waveforms. We included a small set of waveforms in a WusikPACK file. You can also open regular sounds and convert to a Drawable WusikSND file. They work just like a regular WusikSND file, but when you open the Sample-Editor, it shows a different window where you can draw waveforms directly. There are several ways to draw and manipulate waveforms: free-draw, line-draw, zoom, phase-positioning, smooth, normalize, phase-invert and inverse. Drawable waveforms are saved in the preset/project file, so there’s no need to save to WusikSND files, unless you want to share your waveforms.
- Added: Groove Sequencer Remote Pattern key zone start and end. The key just before the lowest zone key will stop the current groove.
- Added: new Mod-Matrix Destination – Sticky Keys. When you play a key, it will sustain until you play another key, and the a certain time has passed. Or, if you play a near zero velocity key (velocity < 20, from 127) all keys will stop. The time is set with the Amnt option. It will use the BPM tempo to determinate the number of secods of each beat. So, if you set 1, it will stick all keys played during the period of 1 beat. This is better than latch, as you can play chords, and not even at the same time. Just raise Amnt to the number of beats you want notes to stick together.
- Added: option to disable audio-input. (right click / context menu).
- Fixed: mod-matrix problem with Midi-CCs as Source and Amplitude as destination. (and other destinations) This would cause a high-pitch sound in the Orchestral-Lite Wind sounds.
- New Additions to Wusik Station V6 Full Version: The Sound Bank, Volumes 1, 2 and 3. Those are not new sounds, but previously released sounds, that are now part of the Wusik Station V6 New Sound Package. (plus the previous V5 Sounds Package).
Wusik Station is available to purchase as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC, priced at $99.95 USD. Various upgrades and bundle deals are available as well.
More information: Wusik
Design a Sound has released Digital Illusions, a soundbank for Wusikstation 5.
Digital Illusions Soundbank – 63 dreamy, warm, soft (and sometimes with a touch of analogue feel) sounds with long releases for Wusikstation V5 virtual synth.
All presets are available as WusikPRST files – native Wusikstation’s preset format.
Digital Illusions is available to purchase at any amount you like (donationware).
More information: Design a Sound / Digital Illusions