Wusik has announced the release of Wusik EVE 3, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
EVE stands for Electronic Vintage Ensemble, which suggests the design philosophy behind the instrument. EVE was made to recreate in the virtual world of softsynths the exciting and immediate experience of the early age of electronics in pop, rock and jazz music from the 1960’s and 1970’s.
Changes in Wusik EVE v3
- Added: Stereo and Mono WusikSND Support.
- Added: 32 and 16 bits WusikSND Support. Plus, the 16 bit files will use 16 bit buffers but 32 bit processing, therefore, the same audio-quality but with half the memory usage.
- Added: Quality option with up to 16 times Oversampling.
- Added: Integrated ARP with several options.
- Added: User-Skinable option via BMP files. (no resizing).
- Added: One shot sounds: once a sample is done playing, it releases the voice (eg: drum sounds).
- Added: The preset browser on the right now let you browse banks and sounds too, with no limitations of sub-folders and file-name lengths.
- Added: The preset browser now has the following options for presets: copy, paste, move up, move down, init, remove and rename.
- Added: Master Vibrato (“V” knob next to Fine-Tune – On by default) Assigned to both Mod-Wheel and Aftertouch, but Aftertouch has priority, so if your keyboard has this function, it disables the Mod-Wheel for the Master Vibrato.
- Added: Option to Bypass all Effects. (global menu).
- Updated: Midi-Learn now supports Aftertouch.
- Updated: Improved Pitch-Bend. (Smooth).
- Fixed: audio problem with short waveforms (eg: pure sine).
- Fixed: ARP not working on some patches. (3.0.1)
- Fixed: a few internal stability problems. (3.0.1)
- Changed: no longer display the WusikSND picture file, but the waveform instead. (3.0.1)
Wusik EVE v3 is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) in the “Mid-2010 Group Buy” (including Wusik Station, Wusik Fuse Box, and more) for $59.95 USD. An upgrade is available to previous Wusik customers for $39.95 USD.
More information: Wusik
Wusik has released version 6.0 of Wusik Station, a virtual sampler/rompler instrument for Windows.
Since it started, it got more and more features asked for by users, a new interface, easier way to load presets and much more. Its been rated by users the number one choice when creating songs. It can cover pretty much any style of music. From NewAge to SoundTracks, from Dance to Techno.
Changes in Wusik Station v6.0
- Added: New Multi Preset Layer. Now you can have 16 times more Layers, WaveSequencers and GrooveSequencers. Each Multi Preset Layer can load a full WusikPRST file.
- Added: New TreeView File Browser which lets you browse not just the Wusik Station Data Folder, but your entire Drive(s) on your computer. With several options, like Drag-and-Drop to move files around, copy, paste, rename, move, new-folder, search and other options.
- Added: Drawable Waveforms. We included a small set of waveforms in a WusikPACK file. You can also open regular sounds and convert to a Drawable WusikSND file. They work just like a regular WusikSND file, but when you open the Sample-Editor, it shows a different window where you can draw waveforms directly. There are several ways to draw and manipulate waveforms: free-draw, line-draw, zoom, phase-positioning, smooth, normalize, phase-invert and inverse. Drawable waveforms are saved in the preset/project file, so there’s no need to save to WusikSND files, unless you want to share your waveforms.
- Added: Groove Sequencer Remote Pattern key zone start and end. The key just before the lowest zone key will stop the current groove.
- Added: new Mod-Matrix Destination – Sticky Keys. When you play a key, it will sustain until you play another key, and the a certain time has passed. Or, if you play a near zero velocity key (velocity < 20, from 127) all keys will stop. The time is set with the Amnt option. It will use the BPM tempo to determinate the number of secods of each beat. So, if you set 1, it will stick all keys played during the period of 1 beat. This is better than latch, as you can play chords, and not even at the same time. Just raise Amnt to the number of beats you want notes to stick together.
- Added: option to disable audio-input. (right click / context menu).
- Fixed: mod-matrix problem with Midi-CCs as Source and Amplitude as destination. (and other destinations) This would cause a high-pitch sound in the Orchestral-Lite Wind sounds.
- New Additions to Wusik Station V6 Full Version: The Sound Bank, Volumes 1, 2 and 3. Those are not new sounds, but previously released sounds, that are now part of the Wusik Station V6 New Sound Package. (plus the previous V5 Sounds Package).
Wusik Station is available to purchase as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC, priced at $99.95 USD. Various upgrades and bundle deals are available as well.
More information: Wusik
Design a Sound has released Digital Illusions, a soundbank for Wusikstation 5.
Digital Illusions Soundbank – 63 dreamy, warm, soft (and sometimes with a touch of analogue feel) sounds with long releases for Wusikstation V5 virtual synth.
All presets are available as WusikPRST files – native Wusikstation’s preset format.
Digital Illusions is available to purchase at any amount you like (donationware).
More information: Design a Sound / Digital Illusions
Ametrine Audio has released Fire and Ice, a virtual synthesizer plug-in using the Wusik Engine.
The Main Idea behind Fire and Ice was to create a synth with 2 different personalities. The Fire section covers the Bass, Stab and Synth side of things, while the Ice Section brings you Pads, Wave sequences, Keys, Organs and BellTones.
Fire and Ice features
- Powered by the Wusik-Engine (Version 5.8.4).
- 160 main presets with 250 variations.
- Custom made sounds: Bass and Stabs 44, Synth and Leads 23, Arps and Wave-Sequences 20, Pads and Strings 30, BellTones 21, Keys and Organs 22.
Fire and Ice is available to purchase as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC, priced at £14.95 GBP.
More information: Ametrine Audio / Fire and Ice
Producer Loops has announced the release of Accelerator 2, the improved sequel of Bunker 8 Accelerator.
This 3 GB collection features construction kits with elements of Metalcore, Industrial, Techno, Nu Metal and Hard Rock anthemics.
The kits are presented in ACID/WAV and Apple Loops formats and each kit contains a full sample mix, plus all of the elements separated.
This collection also includes single hit samples in Batttery 2, Kontakt 2, DS404, EMU, GigaSampler, HALion, SampleTank, SoundFonts and Wusikstation formats.
Accelerator 2 is available to purchase as an instant download for £15 GBP / 17.33 EUR / $22.36 USD.
More information: Producer Loops / Accelerator 2