Ametrine Audio has announced the release of Ravernator, a Bass and Stab Synthesizer powered by the Wusik-Engine.
- 440 main presets with 6,377 variations.
- Custom made Synth Bass, Rave, Chords and stab sounds.
- Stabs 183
- Synth 109
- Chords 41
- Arp 20
- Kick Drums 85
- Trance Gate 2
- Powered by the Wusik-Engine (version 5.8.4)
Ravernator is available as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC for £34.95 GBP.
Wusikstation users can get the sounds from Ravernator in the Ravernator Sound Patches for Wusik Station, available for purchase for £24.95 GBP.
More information: Ametrine Audio
Wusik has released version 5.8.4 of Wusikstation, a hybrid sampler synthesizer for Windows.
Wusikstation is one of the most popular Sampler/Rompler out there. Since it started, it got more and more features asked for by users, a new interface, easier way to load presets and much more. Its been rated by users the number one choice when creating songs. It can cover pretty much any style of music. From NewAge to SoundTracks, from Dance to Techno.
Changes in Wusikstation v5.8.4
- Added: new White-Skin by Cusis with a different layout.
- Fixed: Unison code. (using the previous old code, but without the detune problems)
- Fixed: Pitch-Bend was out of tune. Now is dead-on.
- Fixed: crash when using the internal keyboard to play notes very fast.
- Fixed: clicking sounds when playing stereo WAV files. (another problem found)
- Fixed: loop problems with mono WAV files.
- Fixed: SFZ file, path location in non windows format. (using ‘\’ instead of ‘/’)
- Fixed: integrated sampler editor loop markers were no longer working. (due to a new Slicer mode that is under implementation)
- Fixed: some parameters where changing the selected layer when it shouldn’t be happening. (Arp/Voices)
- Fixed: all popup message boxes / questions are now modal. (always on top)
- Fixed: WusikPACK code. Added SFZ WAV Packing support. (before it would pack the SFZ file but not the WAV files) Also improved Packing/UnPacking Percentage Bars.
- Fixed: loading very large SFZ files.
- Fixed: when entering the G.Seq (G) page, it would blink the Patterns wrongly. Also when Playing by clicking in the layer selector again.
- Fixed: the FX version would crash in certain hosts.
- Updated: skin type 3 for the new white-skin. Now it shows Unison, FX-Edit-2 and FX-Edit2 only in the Layers editor. (O1, O2, O3, O4, W1, W2) A new FX-Edit1b and FX-Edit2b was introduced to be shown in the Master and FX-Editor. The Groove Sequencer will display 5 lanes, instead of 8 lanes.
Both the demonstration and full versions were updated.
More information: Wusik
Westgate Sounds has announced the release of Anomaly VI – Textures, a new sample library in the Anomaly series.
Deviation or departure from the normal or common order, form, or rule.
One that is peculiar, irregular, abnormal, or difficult to classify.
Anomaly VI – Textures features
- SFZ Universal Soundset
90 sounds, 528 MB with presets for Wusik Engine, Absynth, Kontakt, Dimension Pro and Rapture.
- Wusik Engine
100 presets using only Anomaly VI, 50 presets using mixed Volumes of Anomaly.
- Soundfont (.SF2) format
One .SF2 file of 90 single-sampled sounds, 136 MB (no presets).
- The sounds are a combination of multi-sampled and single-sampled sounds.
The Anomaly VI is available for purchase in SFZ format for $25 USD, and $15 USD for the SoundFont version.
More information: Westgate Sounds
Wusik has released version 5.8.2 of Wusikstation, a hybrid vector & wavesequencer sampler instrument for Windows PC.
Changes in Wusikstation v5.8.2
- New Feature: Preview-Preset, on first time preset load, it loads only a portion of the key-zones (useful with large sets like PRIZM and the Maestro-Piano).
- Added: clicking once in the Tune knob will open an Octave selector.
- Added: Transpose – Groove Sequencer (G.Seq) right click on any presets lane.
- Added: animated keyboard, Left Click + Control Key = Hold Note. Right Click = Velocity by Y Position.
- Added: master vibrato Sine/Triangle waveform and speed parameters. The tools option for the mod-matrix was also updated.
- Changed: new interpolated AMP envelope code. Improved sound for using quick Attack, Decay and Release.
- Changed: G.Seq (Groove Box Sequencer) External Sync, Global Tempo, Sequencer PAge and Current Steps Page (E.Sync, G.BPM, Sequences and Steps-Page) are now saved per Project, not preset.
- Changed: Micro-Tunning (TUN Files) is now saved per project, no longer per preset.
- Changed: fine-tune any parameter by holding the shift key. (or the middle mouse button with no shift)
- Changed: added menu options for Pitch-Bend, Midi-Channel (master and layer) and Master-Transpose parameters.
- Changed: removed the auto-sort when adding something to the modulation-matrix. Added new options to organize: add below, add above, delete.
- Changed: the animated-keyboard key-zones now follows the Master Octave/Transpose and the Layer Transpose.
- Changed: better Unison code.
- Changed: clicking in the LFO waveform switches to the selected waveform.
- Changed: selecting LFO to Amplitude makes the LFO range go from -1 to +1, instead of 0 to +1.
- Various bug fixes, details here.
Wusikstation is still available for Windows PC for $59.95 USD (current Spring 2009 Group Buy price). The demo version was updated as well.
Wusik has also updated the Wusik VM (VST Manager) to be compatible with WusikStation v5. You can download this freeware software for Windows here.
Visit Wusik for more information.
Back In Time Records has released The Second Wave Pro II VST, a sample-based synthesizer workstation which comes with a 2.4 GB sample library and over 2,000 presets.
The concept behind the new TSW Pro II is providing the unique soundworld of sample-based synthesizers in the tradition of the famous 80s instruments Roland D50, Korg Wavestation, Ensoniq VFX.
The sample content covers analog and digital synth samples, acoustic and electric and typical ethnic instruments as well as a massive collection of sound effects, scenes and atmospheres. A special section with pure attack one-shots allows the typical layering of them together with strings, pads, choirs to create those fantastic layer sounds. And the wavesequencers make the pads moving like nothing else.
TSW Pro II combines the world of the 80s with today’s high quality sampling technology and experienced sounddesigner’s tricks. Now you can have the beloved 80s sounds and brandnew sound creations too!
TSW Pro II VST features
- Wusik 5 engine powered instrument.
- 2.4 GB sample library with 2000+ presets.
- Low CPU usage, 4 layers, 2 wavesequencers, 2 FX, multi-timbral.
TSW Pro II is available as a VST instrument for Windows PC for 98 EUR. A “sample library only” version for Wusik 5 compatible plug-ins costs 88 EUR. TSW Pro users can upgrade to TSW Pro II VST for 29 EUR.
Visit Back In Time Records for more information and audio demos.
Nucleus SoundLab has released version 1.5 of Viral Outbreak VSTi, a Wusik engine powered virtual instrument plug-in based on the sounds of the Virus TI hardware synthesizer.
Changes in Viral Outbreak VSTi v1.5
- GrooveBox step-sequencer component now added and integrated into VSTi. With this component you can sequence entire tracks inside Viral Outbreak!
- FX .dll added to package. This can be used to add Viral Outbreak as a VST effect to your tracks.
- 136 brand-new presets by Tasmodia and Jeremy Janzen. Most focus on complex GrooveBox sequences. Additionally, 44 of these presets have been added to the Favorites folder.
- HQ Selector for each layer. When selected, it will oversample 4 times the current layer. This option is saved per preset and also in the project/song.
- New Modulation-Matrix Destinations: All Envelopes Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release levels (All Amp and Mod Envelopes).
- Lots more, details here.
Viral Outbreak VSTi is available for Windows PC for $124.95 USD. A demo version can be downloaded here.
Visit Nucleus SoundLab for more information and audio demos.
Wusik has released version 5.8.0 of Wusikstation, a hybrid vector & wavesequencer sampler for VST hosts.
Changes in Wusikstation v5.8.0
- New animated keyboard display at the bottom of the GUI. It also shows the current key-zones for the selected layer, and any possible key-switches with a different color. You can click on keys to audition presets. There’s a master Hide/Show option in the Global Contextual Menu.
- New Modulation-Matrix Destinations: All Envelopes Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release levels. (All Amp and Mod Envelopes)
- New Modulation-Matrix option: Real-Time. (ON by Default) When you have a Mod-Matrix slot that doesn’t need to be processed in Real-Time, you can turn this option to Off and save a lot of CPU usage. The processing will only be done when a new note is played.
- Several new options to the WusikSND format as described by the list below. (plus support for the same options on SFZ files)
- Added all the above new WusikSND options to the new Integrated Sampler-Editor.
- Disk-Streaming support for SFZ/WAV files. (16 and 24 bits – Layers O1, O2, O3 and O4)
- More SFZ op-codes: PITCH_KEYTRACK=0, PITCH_KEYTRACK=100, LOOP_MODE=ONE_SHOT, LOOP_START, LOOP_END, OSCILLATOR=ON, TRIGGER=FIRST, TRIGGER=LEGATO, TRIGGER=RELEASE, OFFSET, SEQ_POSITION, (aka Round Robin, starts at 1) SW_LAST, SW_DOWN, SW_UP, SW_PREVIOUS, (Key Switches, -1=Default and -2=SustainPedal) LORAND and HIRAND. (random sample selection on new note)
- SFZ Export added to the sample-editor. (thanks to Asseca)
- New Choke-Group: Stop All. When playing a sound with this group setting, all other notes will stop. In the SFZ support, this is group 999.
- SFZ files: Mono and Stereo samples can be mixed together in the SFZ file now.
- Changed: library compiler file checkings. It no longer checks if the library file link is active, making the library compile process much faster. If you moved files around, you need to use the ‘Fix’ tool instead. (file-browser->options->other options)
- Drag-and-drop of WusikPRST (Preset) files. (before it was WAV, WusikSND and SFZ files only)
- New Skin-Type 003. All Mod-Matrix parameters are hidden in the following layers: Master Mix, Master FX Edit and Wavesequencer Editor.
- When trying to load a WusikSND file that is missing, first, the code will try to open the same file-name with the .SFZ extention. If a SFZ file is found at the same location as the original WusikSND file, it gets loaded and the preset re-saved with the SFZ reference instead.
- Integrated Groove-Box Additions: Added Save/Copy and Load/Paste support for each lane configuration: volume, mode, drum-note, name, midi-out, destination, solo, mute, …
- WusikSND new options: Key Switching, Round Robin, Mode Legato, Mode Release, Sample Fine Tuning, Fixed Pitch Mode.
Wusikstation 5 is available as a VST instrument for Windows for $149.95 USD. A demo version can be downloaded here.
Visit Wusik for more information.
Westgate Sounds has released Dreams and Nightmares 2, a collection of 50 Convolutions and 50 NightmareDrones.
The Convolutions were recorded by taking sounds and playing them through Perfect Space loaded with impulse responses from Spirit Canyon Audio with no dry output, wet output only.
The NightmareDrones were recorded by importing sounds into Camel Audio’s Alchemy instrument via the Additive/Spectral import, tweaking them a bit and then sampling them.
Along the way the sounds were treated to the usual Anomalistic process…..
Dreams and Nightmares 2 is available now in Wusik and .SF2 formats for $20 USD each. Absynth, Kontakt, Dimension Pro and Rapture versions will follow later.
Visit Westgate Sounds for more information and audio demos.