Ametrine Audio has released AM 1 Synthesizer, a bass and stab synthesizer plug-in for Windows PC.
AM 1 Synthesizer features
- Powered by Wusik engine.
- 100 presets and a total of 1069 variations. The variation presets are the original sound with alterations made to them (different release & decay times and added effects).
- Many bass sounds and rave stabs.
AM 1 Synthesizer is available as a VST instrument for £14.95 GBP. There’s also a “Sounds Only” version for £7.95 GBP (requires at least WusikEngine V5.x.x).
Visit Ametrine Audio for more information and audio demos.
Nucleus SoundLab releases MK Digital Keys, a new retro keyboard sample library in Reason Refill, WusikEngine, and Kontakt/EXS/SFZ formats.
Bring the 80s keyboard sound to your productions with this faithful sampling of Roland’s MKS-20 keyboard synthesizer.
MK Digital Keys features
- 3.6+ GB of 24-bit 44khz samples.
- 8 different classic keyboard tones.
- 20 Combinators and 32 NN-XT patches inside the Refill.
- 78 WusikEngine presets, including 46 custom presets by Daniel Stawczyk.
- Kontakt/EXS/SFZ format pack contains raw .wav files plus patches for all 3 formats.
MK Digital Keys is available now download for $49.95 USD for a single format package, or $59.95 for the multi-format package (DVD shipping available worldwide for a $15 flat rate). A demo ReFill is available for download from the product page.
Visit Nucleus SoundLab for more information and audio demos.
Wusik has released version 5.6.2 of Wusikstation, a hybrid vector & wavesequencer sampler VST instrument for Windows PC.
Changes in Wusikstation v5.6.2
- Added SFZ support including drag-and-drop. Loads WAV Sample, Key Zones, Velocity Zones, Key-Root, Group-Settings, Pan, Fine-Tuning, Choke-Groups and Default-Path. All the rest gets ignored and should be saved with the WusikPRST file instead. It doesn’t support disk-streaming for SFZ files, and no compressed (ogg) files either.
- Preset Comments Option added.
- Improved “Missing sounds” warning message.
- New multi-line editor for the Library Link comments.
- New option on the File-Browser->Options->Other Options: Show Preset Comments – Enabled/Disabled.
- Changed: Master Limiter and Fade-Sound are now Global and saved in the wIni file.
- Changed: When using the Groove-Box, the whole preset BPM will sync to the Groove-Box parameters.
- Fixed problem with one-shot samples and the W1/W2 layers. (EG: Drumatoxin presets)
- Fixed problem with Fix-Broken-Sound-Links and older presets.
- Fixed a problem with single-shot WAV files.
- Fixed a problem with loading presets quickly. (related to the GrooveBox, even with presets that doesn’t use it)
Visit Wusik for more information.
Wusik has released version 5.4 of Wusikstation, a hybrid vector & wavesequencer sampler VST instrument for Windows PC.
- New 16 Bit format, for both WusikSND and the option above.
- New WusikPACK file format. Select one preset or a folder of presets to get a WusikPACK file of all related files: presets, sounds and effects. You can also manually add any other files from the DATA folder to a WusikPACK file. EG: Skins, Library files, extra effect presets.
- Drag-and-Drop ability for WAV and WusikSND files from ANY directory.
- New “fix broken sound-links” option in the File-Browser->Options menu.
- New “fix library broken preset-links” option in the File-Browser->Options menu.
- 16 Bits Batch-Converter option added.
- New Multi-Out file with 9 outputs: each layer outputs to an individual bus, plus 2 FX and 1 Main output. (mix of all outputs)
- Fixed problem on loading non-looped WusikSND files.
- Fixed several buffer related problems.
- Fixed problem with library files.
- Improved Master Limiter. (better sound).
Wusikstation is available as a VST plug-in for Windows PC for $129 USD, but it seems you can also get it in the Wusik Summer 2008 Group-buy for just $59.95 USD (various upgrades are available as well).
Visit Wusik for more information.
Dangerous Bear has released Fluxions, a sample library in sfz and Wusik formats.
This collection of unique sonic tapestries is as deep and mysterious as time itself. Mesozoic Sound is a team of veteran experimental musicians with over thirty years experience.
You can hear some audio demos here.
Mesozoic Sound Fluxions is available now in sfz and Wusik formats for $20 USD each, or $30 USD for the both.
Visit Dangerous Bear for more information.
Wusik has released WusikGrooveBox, a drum-machine and groove-box solution, based on the same audio-engine as Wusikstation, with WusikSND support and all the Wusikstation effects.
- VSTi Synth based on the WusikEngine: 6 single Osc Layers, each layer with its own set of Filters and EQs.
- Extra options for the WusikSND format: Stereo-Pan (for mono sounds) and Choke-groups. This is accessible via the sample-editor and used only by the WusikGrooveBox.
- 8 Sequences on the screen, with a two-page-selector for a total of 16 Sequences.
- Each Sequence has 16 steps on the screen. Each step can be a drum-trigger and note-sequence. (each Sequence has an option of Drum or Note steps) A total of 64 steps can be set for each pattern, by using multiple 16-step windows.
- 8 Banks of 8 Patterns for a total of 64 Patterns per instance.
- Song mode, where you put the order of the patterns to be played. With option to Repeat Patterns and Loop the whole Song.
- Option to Sync the Clock External or Internally. (with the External Sync ON the sequence will follow the Hosts Transport Time, Position, Start and Stop)
- Each pattern has its own resolution: 1/16 or 1/32
- Each pattern has its own number of steps. To allow the creation of uneven patterns. Up to 64 Steps.
- Each Step has an option of 8 levels of Velocity (volume). This is optional, you can also use the Accent Part instead. For easier and quicker groove creation.
- A 9th Sequence on the screen, that holds the ACCENT sequence. This is OPTIONAL, as you can also set the volume of each Step manually. Or you can use this global ACCENT (volume) setting that will affect all sequences.
- Each Step has a SHIFT option, so you can add early/late steps directly without having to change the resolution (internally all steps are based on a 1/128 resolution).
- Each Step has FLAM option.
- Each Step has a Slide and Note-Off option, for complex Bass/Synth lines.
- Global Swing option.
- You can control the steps by using the Mouse, PC or MIDI keyboard.
- You can trigger patterns remotely by using the MIDI keyboard. With 3 modes: Off, Instant and Delayed.
- Global BPM Tempo or Per-Pattern Tempos. So you can do tempo changes on a Song.
WusikGrooveBox is available for Windows PC for $49.95 USD ($29.95 for a crossgrade) and two demo versions are available for download. Owners of both WusikGrooveBox and Wusikstation V5 can request a special Wusikstation Gbox version that has WusikGrooveBox integrated.
Visit Wusik for more information and audio demos.
Wusik has released Hybrid World Volume 01, a new sound set based on an Hybrid hardware box.
Hybrid World Volume 01 features
- 10 multi-sampled sounds.
- sampled every white-key, longer-loops.
- 419MB (296MB compressed).
- 24 Presets.
Hybrid World Volume 01 comes free with any Wusik Membership subscription.
Visit Wusik for more information and a link to download an mp3 demo.
Wusik has announced that the previously commercially released WVM VST Manager/Organizer is now freely available under an open source license.
Wusik VM allows you to organize presets of various VST plug-ins in one place.
You can now categorize your presets any way you like. When loading a preset in Wusik VM it will automatically open the correct VST plug-in.
Wusik VM also includes 2 Midi-Tools:
- Arpeggiator, an adjustable speed arpeggiator.
- Melody, a MIDI chord creation tool.
Note: Wusik VM uses custom-changed files from the Steinberg’s VST SDK Library, which is not open-source. You’ll need to get access to Steinberg’s VST SDK before you can use the Wusik Support/Login area to request a copy of the source files.
Visit Wusik for more information and a link to download Wusik VM.