Xfer Records has announced updates for Nerve, Cthulhu and LFOTool, which are now available in Pro Tools AAX format.
Cthulhu is now VST (32 and 64 bit), AudioUnit (both 32 and 64, and a MIDI FX version for Logic X), and ProTools AAX (32 and 64-bit for OSX and Windows).
LFOTool and Nerve are now VST (32 and 64 bit), AudioUnit (both 32 and 64) and ProTools AAX (32 and 64-bit for OSX and Windows).
updates are free, as always!
More information: Xfer Records
Xfer Records has released version 1.1 of its Nerve drum synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Nerve is a software drum machine which brings powerful beat creation and manipulation to your Host Sequencer. Nerve runs as a VSTi or AudioUnit plugin. Nerve was designed and coded by veteran dance music producers, with a diverse sample library included from many of todays top sound designers.
Changes in Nerve v1.1
- 64-bit support (VST/AU/AAX).
- ProTools AAX32 and AAX64 support (ProTools 10.3.5 or later).
- Drag-and-drop pattern button (A-L) to export MIDI to host.
- Drag-and-drop pad to host (source wave file).
- Drag-and-drop pad + Shift + Control + Alt: render all to a new wave file in host.
- Drag-and-drop pad + Control + Alt: renders pattern of dragged pad as wave file.
- 16 stereo outputs.
- Pre-calculated 4-band parametric EQ per-pad.
- Pre-calculated plate reverb per-pad.
- Pattern randomize (‘R’ button).
- Pattern hybridize (‘H’ button) creates new patterns based on existing loaded patterns.
- Option to follow Host notes note-length / note-offs choke the sound.
- Type-able values for all controls (text entry appears with double-click).
- Mouseover help for all controls (when mouse is hovered for 1 second).
- “MIDI Note Off Chokes Pads” option now stores gate values to Sequencer.
- Option Menu: “Gate Only alters Hold time” (to maintain other envelope length.
- Improved panning law.
- Command: Explode Loop to All Pads – converts a loop pad to all 16 pads as one-shots, with pop-up to choose between ‘stretched’ render, or raw loop.
- Command: Generate Pattern from Loop Timing – Creates notes + Late-Graph offsets for a loop file, based on the loop slice points.
- Command: Convert back to OneShot (so One shots can be stretched-to-tempo with the various settings / loop-stretching algorithms).
- Alternate OpenSoundControl build + template, for Lemur users.
- Alternate TouchOSC build + template, for TouchOSC users.
- Alternate Korg PadKontrol build which automatically detects and connects to the PadKontrol.
- Screen redraw improvements (hardware accelerated graphics).
- Support for dragging from Cubase Media Bay, fixes for dragging files from StudioOne browser.
- MIDI Key names in piano roll support, for hosts which allow it (e.g. Reaper/FL Studio/ StudioOne).
- Additional MIDI CC controls.
- Dozens of bug fixes.
Nerve is available to purchase for $199 USD. The update is free for existing Nerve users.
More information: Xfer Records / Nerve
Xfer Records has released version 1.0.1 of Cthulhu, a chord and arpeggiator MIDI fx plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Cthulhu is firstly a chord memorizer and player, allowing you to experiment with creating and reworking chord progressions with single-note presses.
The other half of Cthulhu is a unique pattern-based arpeggiator, allowing incoming notes or chords to be manipulated in various rhythmic ways.
Changes in Cthulhu v1.0.1
- AAX Support, both 32 and 64, for ProTools 10.3 or later.
- MIDI FX version of Cthulhu for Logic X – no more IAC needed.
- MIDI latching option (switch at top) to auto-legato (sustain).
- Type-able values for notes/velocities.
- Chord “Watcher” (Eye switch) to monitor which chords are triggered.
- Shift-click learn switch = learn with timer: chord will not be learned until the chord is held down for 1 full second.
- Shift-click on piano to trigger chord; alt-shift-click to do both functions (change to a different chord slot and trigger it).
- New diatonic chord presets are designed to make writing in any key quick and easy.
Cthulhu for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available to purchase for $39 USD. The update is free for existing owners.
More information: Xfer Records / Cthulhu
Xfer Records has released version 1.2 of LFOTool, an FX utility plug-in for Windows and Mac.
LFOTool offers a multitude of MIDI-triggered and/or tempo-synchronized effects.
The most popular uses of LFOTool are for sidechain-compression simulation/ducking, autopan, trance-gate, phaser/flanger/comb filter FX.
Changes in LFOTool v1.2
- ProTools AAX Support, both 32 and 64 (PT10 and 11).
- Filter frequency plot display, when mouse is over filter section.
- Crossover (lower-right), to optionally only process LF or HF at user-adjustable frequency split.
- Formant Filters.
- Many additional bug fixes.
LFOTool is available to purchase for $49.95 USD.
More information: Xfer Records / LFOTool
Xfer Records has introduced Cthulhu, a chord and arpeggio MIDI effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Cthulhu is two MIDI FX modules combined into one plug-in.
Chords Module – One Note Becomes Many
Cthulhu is firstly a chord memorizer and player, allowing you to experiment with creating and reworking chord progressions with single-note presses. Included are over 150 factory chord presets allowing for a near-unlimited amount of possible musical-sounding chord progressions. Import MIDI or ‘record’ chords straight in, Cthulhu is able to analyze the chords you play and allow for various sorting options (Circle of 5ths, Chromatic, low note, etc) allowing for easy access over your chords!
Arp Module – Transform your chords in new ways.
The other half of Cthulhu is a unique pattern-based arpeggiator, allowing incoming notes or chords to be manipulated in various rhythmic ways. The 8 tabs of the stepsequencer allow you to completely reshape the incoming MIDI notes, even a single note fed into the arp can become a unique and rhythmic riff! Even if you have other arpeggio software plug-ins, Cthulhu’s arp is unique and powerful with advanced features such as chord-arpeggio mode, ties, duration / velocity sequencing, intelligent transpose, harmony, and more! Every tab of the sequencer can operate on its own length, allowing for evolving polymetric arpeggios. From simple to complex, from chaotic to creating precise arpeggio you imagine in your head!
The Cthulhu plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $39 USD.
More information: Xfer Records / Cthulhu
Xfer Records has released OTT, a multiband compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
OTT is a re-creation of a popular aggressive multiband upwards / downwards compressor setting used by many dubstep and electro producers.
- Depth control to scale the amount of compression.
- Time control to scale the attack/release times of all bands.
- Input and Output gain controls.
- Visual display of input and gain reduction over the low/mid/high bands.
The OTT plugin is available to download as freeware for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Xfer Records
Xfer Records has updated its LFOTool effect plugin for Windows and Mac to version 1.1.
LFOTool is an FX utility plug-in for VST and AudioUnit hosts for both Macintosh OS X® and Windows®. It empowers music producers to create tremolo, auto-pan, trance-gate, side-chain compressor simulation, and dubstep-type wobble effects with minimal effort.
Sculpt custom LFO curves and shapes with Xfer’s LFOTool plug-in.
Changes in LFOTool v1.1
- Added: 81 new Filter Types (Ladder filters/SVF-II, morphing filters/flangers/phases/combs/ring-mod/EQ/more).
- Added: dry/wet for all filter types, drive and variation controls.
- Added: ‘playable’ filter cutoff from MIDI notes (enable Pitch>Cutoff option in MIDI panel).
- Added: Envelope mode – for re-triggering the graph by MIDI, but to have it play once and stop, just like an envelope.
- Added: sync timing offset (very left, in middle of GUI) for adjusting for unreported sync latency (e.g. Ableton Live).
- Added: Automation control over the first 8 graph points (X,Y,Curve) as VST Parameters.
- Added: switchable Waveform Scope Display, allows you to have a tempo-synced oscilloscope and view the dry/wet simultaneously.
- Added: drag-export button for dragging MIDI CC clips directly to host MIDI tracks.
- Added: MIDI out for AudioUnits using the IAC Bus.
- Added: Mono->Mono option added for AudioUnits.
- Added: user can specify a default preset as a starting point in config file, for faster workflow.
- Added: MIDI CC thinning option in config file (separate values for real-time and MIDI File export).
- Added: LFO Depth control, useful for automating the all LFO overall depths, without losing your assigned relative depth values.
- Improvement: AudioUnit to prevent namespace conflict with other Symbiosis-based plugins.
- Improvement: LFO->Volume and LFO->Pan are now a “per-sample process” (greater time resolution).- increased mouseover/click radius for selecting points.
- Additional presets.
LFOTool is available to purchase for $49.95 USD. The update is free for all registered users.
More information: Xfer / LFOTool