, samples and sound libraries
, sound fx
, string instruments
Posted in news
on Oct 08, 2010 - 0 comments
Zero-G and Xfonic have released Animato – String & Flute FX for Cinema, a 4.5Gb collection of 24bit cinematic audio inspiration.
Animato contains 3000 samples and 139 separate Kontakt instruments each with its own custom GUI created especially for this project.
Featuring world-class instrumentalists from the renowned Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Animato is a uniquely realistic, expressive and playable Orchestral Effects library. With a wide sonic range from chaotic, tense effects to beautiful undulating pads. Distant pianissimo sirens can shift seamlessly to fortissimo ungodly screeches all at the simple command of your Mod Wheel.
The 20th century saw the extreme sonic possibilities and expressive potential of classical instruments gradually become standard compositional tools of pioneering concert and film composers. Now at last, many of the best and most exciting possibilities are presented here in an easy to control format utilising the massive sonic capabilities of Kontakt enabling you to change microphone positions or ensemble size at the turn of a knob.
The unique depth and complexity of sound presented here is the product of many instrumentalists playing complex, changing parts together – a quality heard in full live orchestral performances but impossible to re-create using standard orchestral sample libraries, where stacking up many straight-played notes in a sequencer only results in a flat, straight-played sound.
This library is perfect for adding realistic strings and woodwind effects to soundtracks, TV programmes and games but it is also ideal for contemporary commercial producers looking for authentic live sounds that give their productions a leading edge.
Animato – String & Flute FX for Cinema is available to purchase on DVD (Acid™WAV/Kontakt) from Time+Space for £89.95 GBP / 109 EUR.
More information: Time+Space / Animato
Zero-G has released Vocal Factory, a collection of over 4GB and 3,700 vocal samples in collaboration with Xfonic.
Vocal Factory is actually three separate libraries in one. Incorporating the critically acclaimed Vocal Forge and Vocal Foundry together with a brand new library, Vocal India. All three libraries are sourced entirely from specially recorded pro vocal performances.
Vocal Forge contains male and female MCs, sweet R+B singers, soul divas, dance and pop vocals all recorded with accompanying harmonies. There are even Choral, Gothic and Opera styles. Plus,there is a Vocal Toolbox loaded with single vocal lines, scratches, effected vocals, grunts & breaths, human beatbox & percussion grooves and more.
Vocal Foundry is made up of pop, dance and urban singers and some very talented folk and downtempo vocalists to produce a more leftfield approach. The straight-up dance anthems haven’t been neglected however and there are also pop, folk, downtempo, RnB, hiphop and grime vocals. Again there is a Vocal Toolbox loaded with helpful vocal tools such as gothic stacks, mashed vocals, retro human beatbox loops and opera to name but a few. Vocalists used include Kate Walsh, Michaela Ryall, Monique Lawson, R.Dot.C, Auden Allen, LoudlyJaxx and Paul Mac
Vocal India is sourced from authentic professional Indian singers. It contains both a classical section and a commercial section in a variety of styles and tempo. It is a fantastic tool for anyone looking for something different to add to their productions.
Vocal Factory features
- 3700 Acidized WAV files.
- 860 Kontakt Instruments with custom interface which includes custom high-end reverb and delay algorithms as well as a high pass filter.
- 910 EXS24 and NN-XT Instruments.
- All the samples have all been pre-cleared and are 100% original and royalty-free for your musical use without any additional licensing fees.
Vocal Factory is available to purchase for £99.95 GBP/ $149.95 USD/ 115 EUR.
More information: Zero-G / Vocal Factory
Zero-G and Xfonic have released Vocal Foundry, an urban, dance and pop vocal sample library.
As well as the usual array of pop, dance and urban singers the producers have enlisted some very talented folk and downtempo vocalists to produce a more leftfield approach giving this library more scope and usability as well as making it a more diverse product. The straight-up dance anthems haven’t been neglected however and there are also pop, folk, downtempo, RnB, hiphop and grime vocals.
Vocal Foundry features
- Multi-format vocal library — 700 patches and over 850 samples in over 2.5Gb of original vocal material sourced entirely from specially recorded pro vocal performances in pristine 24bit audio.
- Vocalists used: Kate Walsh, Michaela Ryall, Monique Lawson, R.Dot.C, Auden Allen, LoudlyJaxx and Paul Mac.
- Vocal Toolbox loaded with helplful vocal tools such as gothic stacks, mashed vocals, retro human beatbox loops, vintage scratches, opera, spanish quartets, simulated radio samples and much, much more.
- Samples have all been pre-cleared and are 100% original and royalty-free for your musical use without any additional licensing fees.
- Multiformat DVD/CD Version: NNXT (for REASON), NI Kontakt, HALion, EXS 24, ACID, .WAV
Vocal Foundry is available now for £79.95 GBP / $159.95 USD / 119 EUR.
Visit Zero-G for more information and audio demos.
Zero-G and Xfonic have announced the release of Rhythm Organism, a sample library featuring over 800 samples of didgeridoo grooves and single hits from the master, Charlie McMahon.
This amazing sample library is full of great and amazing electronic didgeridoo sounds played by the brilliant Charlie McMahon. The grooves and single hits can be used for many different music styles from hiphop to techno, trance, electronic music, jazz, swing pop and more. The possibilities are endless in combination with effects for your music production to create unique music tracks.
Rhythm Organism features
- 600 REX2 files, 800 Acidized WAV files, 800 Apple Loops.
- Seismic Face Bass Grooves, Wood Grooves, Slide Grooves.
- One Shots for effects and drums.
- Special Combinator effects.
Rhythm Organism is available now for £59.95 / 89 EUR.
More information: Time+Space
Zero-G and Xfonic have released Urban Ammunition, a 4.3GB sample library featuring Hip hop and R&B sounds.
Urban Ammunition is a huge, totally new collection of Hip Hop and R&B loops and samples all engineered & mixed to perfection. The library was designed with urban producers in mind, jaw-dropping beats, keys, basses, guitars, synths, strings, licks, fills, percussion, scratches and much, much more!
Urban Ammunition features
- 4.3Gb of sounds on both DVDs.
- 2900 Acidized WAV & 2900 AIFF files.
- 128 full construction kits.
- 400 individual drumloops, 100 live drumloops, 300 percussion loops, 40 scratch loops and 100 special MPC tool loops.
- Formats supported include: Akai MPC compatible, Acid WAV, AIFF Apple Loops.
Urban Ammunition is available now for a recommended retail price of $139.95 USD / 89 EUR / £69.95 GBP.
Visit Zero-G for more information.
, instrument plugins
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Jan 03, 2008 - 0 comments
Zero-G has announced Phaedra, a Kontakt Player 2 virtual instrument featuring over 4 gigabytes of sounds.
Phaedra producer Sam Spacey writes:
Phaedra was primarily born out of two of my frustrations…..
- The lack of raw sonic power in virtual emulations of analog synths
- Sloppy MIDI timing of external analog synths under modern computer operating systems (all is forgiven Atari ST1040)
Phaedra features 20,000+ individual samples samples and 720 presets!
Over the course of 12 months, Sam hand looped and hand edited each sample he recorded from the following synths:
- Mini Moog D – Was very hard work to sample due to the fact that if you looked at it, it went out of tune.
- Welsh Moog – A prototype Re-issue Moog made in Wales, but had a unique PWM mod done to it.
- Yamaha CS5 – Very snappy and fast attack and surprisingly bass-y oscillators.
- Yamaha CS-15 – This one was delivered in a terrible and broken state, but sounded great for it.
- Yamaha CS-30 – Sometimes I stacked all 3 Yamahas up over CV voltage for a huge sound.
- Korg Monopoly – Still getting to grips with this 4-osc howling beast.
- Korg MS-20 – Very quirky with a great filter.
- Studio Electronics SE-1 – Modern rack-mounted Moog that could store presets and stay relatively in tune – hurray!!!!
- Studio Electronics SE-1 – as above but with filter input. I stacked these two a lot, as the sound combinations were awesome.
- Roland SH-101 – Wet and squelchy, a really good little workhorse.
- Crumar Multiman – 70′s string synth with Arp filters, surprisingly interesting palette of sounds.
- Akai AX-73 – Cheap and nasty but I love it for that fact; evil filter.
- Analog Phaser – Home-made, based on the Small Stone that was modded and used by Jarre on everything he did :)
- Roland analog chorus pedal – Subtle but lovely.
- Ensoniq Esq-1 – 8-bit grungy samples going through complete Curtis analog circuitry – I love this synth (The only thing digital used).
Phaedra for Windows PC and Mac OSX will be available early January for a suggested retail price of $199.95 USD (169 EUR / 114.95 GBP).
Visit Zero-G more information, audio demos and a list of instruments in Phaedra (.pdf)