Xhun Audio has updated its IronAxe physical modeled electric guitar plug-in to version 1.1, bringing important features like improved compatibility in some Hosts/Environments and increased CPU performance.
IronAxe simulates the physics of acoustic & electronic components of the electric guitar.
One of the most important features in this update is system stability in multi-core CPU environments when working in Cubase and Live (32- and 64-bit) projects with multi-instances of IronAxe.
The Amp/Cabinet Simulation engine also has been redesigned from the ground up, to bring stability, to improve CPU performance and to preserve the same sound nuances and frequency responses found in the original hardware (and in IronAxe version 1.0).
The Demo Version limitations also changed, featuring less annoying and less frequent sound interruptions.
Changes in IronAxe v1.1
- Improved compatibility in 32-bit and 64-bit Operating Systems / Hosts, 32-to-64-bit Bridges, multi-core CPUs.
- Multi-instance project reloading in Steinberg Cubase and Ableton Live now is fully supported and working.
- Amp/Cabinet Simulation engine has been completely rewritten, improving compatibility in Hosts and maintaining the same frequency responses and sound nuances.
- Improved CPU performance.
- Demo Version limitations changed.
IronAxe for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 149 EUR. The update is free for registered users.
More information: Xhun Audio / IronAxe
Xhun Audio has released IronAxe, a high-end physical modeling simulation of the electric guitar.
The result of two years of research and development, IronAxe reaches all the authentic beauty and expressivity of a real Electric Guitar by simulating the physics of all the acoustic and electronic components found in the original instrument, preserving the same nuances and multi-techniques playability impossible to perform on standard frozen-sounding sampled instruments.
Xhun Audio IronAxe physical modeled electric guitar instrument.
- Physical Modeling simulation of real electronic and acoustic components.
- Get all the best of Physical Modeling with no compromises:
- Sound manipulation at the source core. Sound is actually generated, not sampled
- True-to-life sound realism and articulations playability
- Super smooth dynamics – no velocity layers
- Instrument and Presets load in a flash
- Small memory footprint ( for both RAM and Hard Disk )
- Installs in less than a minute
- An all-in-one complete Electric Guitar + FX / Stompboxes + Amp / Cabinets setup.
- Make in your productions complete and realistic Electric Guitar tracks with ease.
- Choose your Guitar model: Solidbody with 2 or 3 Pickups (more will follow).
- Excitation modeling: select the Plectrum hardness or pluck a String with fingers at any point along its lenght.
- Strings modeling: independent simulation of each of the 6 (different) strings, with the possibility to choose strings material, set tension values and other.
- Pickups modeling: select Pickups type (single-coil, humbucker, steelplate), number and place them into Guitar’s body.
- Performer’s modeling, allowing real-time multi-techniques playability (Palm Muting, Tapping Harmonics, Strumming, etc…) using a standard MIDI Keyboard.
- Native Guitar Control: in addition to the classic MIDI Keyboard control system, IronAxe is designed to be the ultimate tool for Guitarists – build your custom and physically accurate Electric Guitar and play it through a real MIDI Guitar for an unparalleled realism.
- Master Compressor and Equalizer.
- Four insert effects slots, featuring 10 analogue modeled Stompboxes (more will follow).
- Amp/Cabinet simulation, featuring 6 legendary Cabinets (more will follow).
- Full MIDI CC#s mapping.
- Supported Sample Rates: 44.1/48/88.1/96/192 kHz.
IronAxe for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 129 EUR until May 20th, 2012 (regular 149 EUR).
More information: Xhun Audio / IronAxe
Daniel Stawczyk (Status) has announced the release of PLUS, a collection of sounds for the LittleOne software synthesizer by Xhun Audio.
PLUS is a soundset for Xhun Audio’s VSTi version of the world acclaimed LittlePhatty by Moog. It is the first third-party commercial soundset for LittleOne.
- 128 presets: 16 gated sequences and melodies, 16 leads, 7 organic drum tools, 9 pianos, 16 special effects, 64 pads and synthesizers.
- “Special Assignment Package” of 55 bank presets (additional joined PitchBender and ModWheel modulation action as well Channel Pressure mapped for the preset creativity).
- Includes 128 bank presets saved individually to allow constructing one’s favourite custom preset bank.
- All the bank presets have Modwheel action mapped.
- The presets are LittleOne v2.3 compatible.
The PLUS soundset is available to purchase for $18 USD.
More information: Daniel Stawczyk / PLUS
Xhun Audio has updated LittleOne, a software reproduction of the Moog Little Phatty hardware analog synthesizer.
To produce a rich and warm sound, LittleOne emulates the signal path of the real analogue synth and every single component of it (oscillators, filter, envelopes, LFO …) features the original frequency responses and frequency ranges. The result is an analog-sounding instrument – all in the digital domain.
Changes in LittleOne v2.3:
- Improved Oscillators section. Analogue oscillators emulation is now four times more accurate.
- Improved Envelope Generators’ response and accuracy (authentic analog exponential response).
- Ladder filter analog soft clipping simulation.
- MIDI input Channel selector (1-16) function added in LittleOne OS.
- Improved MIDI Sequencer and Trancegate sync timing.
- Fixes on the DSP Signal Path side (LittleOne Synth output fix).
- Fixes in LittleOne OS Navigation and FX Selector page scrolling.
- Improvements on the GUI side (LittleOne FX Rack).
LittleOne for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 45 EUR.
More information: Xhun Audio
Xhun Audio has released version 2.0 of LittleOne, a Moog Little Phatty emulation for Windows.
To produce a rich and warm sound, LittleOne emulates the analog signal path of the Little Phatty and every single component of it (oscillators, filter, envelopes, LFO …), have the original frequency responses and frequency ranges.
The result is an analog-sounding instrument – all in the digital domain.
Changes in LittleOne v2.0
- Improved Oscillators algorithm – The new bandlimited oscillators produce waveforms with a strong brilliance (improving frequencies response, specially in the 4kHz-20kHz range). This allows a better simulation of a real analogue oscillator, without digital artifacts (aliasing).
- Analogue Components Emulation – One of the main (and more exciting) features of version 2.0 is the emulation of the analogue components inside the synth. Oscillators, Filters, Lfos (,…) simulates the micro-instability and imperfections of the analogue technology. This feature brings richness, genuineness and depth to the sound.
- New Sound Banks – Together with an improved factory sound bank, LittleOne comes with additional presets (300+ in total) covering all styles, from classic analog to FM, to contemporary cutting-edge dance. All the patches of the original Moog Little Phatty (Tribute Edition and Stage Edition) are included.
- Improved GUI and minor bug fixes – The Graphical User Interface is improved, as well as some bugs of version 1.x are fixed.
LittleOne v2.0 is available to purchase as a VST instrument plugin for Windows PC, for 45 EUR. The update is free for v1.x users.
More information: Xhun Audio