XLN Audio has released the Sonor Designer Snare Kitpiece Pak, a sample pack for Addictive Drums.
Many would agree that the snare drum is the heart of the drumkit. It is the center and the main character. Change the snare drum and you will change the overall sound of your kit.
With the Sonor Designer Series Snare – Kitpiece Pak you will have an additional character in your lineup! And what a character it is. With a depth of 6″ and a lower tuning this Sonor Designer Series Snare is the deepest sounding snare we have released so far. With its maple wood body it has a very warm and balanced tone suitable for a wide range of music styles. This specimen was made in the US during the mid 90s in Sonors world class drum shop. We recorded it in the large rich studio room of 301 Studios in Stockholm which gives you the flexibility to mix it really big or strip it down.
Sonor Designer Snare Kitpiece Pak features
- Sampled snare drum: Sonor Designer 14×6″
- Played with sticks
- Recorded at Studios 301, Stockholm
- Room size: 99m2 / 1065 square feet
The Sonor Designer Snare Kitpiece Pak is available to purchase as a download for 10 EUR / $10 USD.
More information: XLN Audio / Sonor Designer Snare Kitpiece Pak
XLN Audio has released Sloppy Grooves, a collection of MIDI grooves for Addictive Drums.
Society tells you you have to be perfect. You have to be on top, accomplish what everybody else can not accomplish, make no mistakes, strive for perfection. Hard honest work is what defines a persons character. But what ever happened to stepping back, getting lazy and lowering your standards?
This is what the Sloppy Grooves MIDI Pak is all about. Included is 100+ Pop/Rock orientated, not perfect but oh so groovey grooves recorded by a far from perfect drummer. Every beat has a number of variations such as ride, hihat, sidestick and specials for you to choose from.
So sit back in your comfy chair and start making music!
Sloppy Grooves is available to purchase for $12 USD / €12 EUR.
More information: XLN Audio / Sloppy Grooves
XLN Audio has released Ballad Grooves, a new MIDI Pak for Addictive Drums.
Light the candles, slip into something more comfortable and start producing heart breaking classics in no time with the Ballad Grooves MIDI Pak! Included are 120 MIDI files divided between 15 different Ballad Grooves in different tempos and feels, all recorded live by a drummer. Grooves in both 4/4 and 6/8 are included.
The Ballad Grooves comes with seven different variations, for example hihat, ride, sidestick, tambourine specials etc. With these grooves you will be able to create your own complete ballad drumtracks in a couple of minutes and of course you can use the grooves with any drums or presets in Addictive Drums.
Note: Tambourines are included in Retro and the Modern Jazz – Brushes ADpaks. If you do not have any of these ADpaks the tambourine variations will be played with a cowbell sound instead.
The Ballad Grooves MIDI Pak is available to purchase for $12 USD / 12 EUR.
More information: XLN Audio / Ballad Grooves
XLN Audio has announced the release of Funk ADpak, an expansion for Addictive Drums featuring a Pearl Reference Series kit with cymbals from Paiste and Sabian, 400 MIDI grooves and over 30 production presets.
The Funk ADpak, focusing on contemporary funk beats and sounds, lays down the groove and lets you produce hot funky music in no time.
Funk ADpak features
- Pearl Reference Series Kit & Cymbals from Sabian and Paiste – Funk features a granite sparkle Pearl Reference Series kit with a 22″ bass drum and a thick 14″ snare drum. The four included toms range from a small 10″ tom down to a 16″ floor tom. The cymbal section consists of three crashes from Sabian and Paiste along with a 13″ Paiste heavy hi-hat and a 22″ Sabian Artisan ride.
- MIDI Grooves & Fills – The Funk ADpak comes with more than 400 live recorded MIDI grooves in contemporary style and a wide range of tempos and feels. The included Master Funk Grooves are long MIDI files, up to 32 bars divided into Verse, Bridge, Chorus and Middle8 ready to be dragged and dropped into your arrangements. Beats come in both straight and swing feel and have lots of variations like 16th hihat, 8th hihat, 4th hihat, ride variations and more. Also included are a total of 60 funk fills in different tempos and four different lengths.
- Production Presets – Get instant funk action with the included production presets tweaked by a professional studio engineer. Go from tight to big, fat to thin, high to low in just a couple of clicks. The different preset categories are: Clean, Roomy, Tight, Natural w Comp and Effected. Use the presets as they are or edit them the way you like. You are in control!
Funk ADpak is available to purchase for 59 EUR / $59 USD.
More information: XLN Audio / Funk ADpak
XLN Audio has updated released version 1.5.1 of Addictive Drums, a virtual drum instrument for PC and Mac.
Changes in Addictive Drums v1.5.1
- Problems with loading old ProTools Sessions/Track Presets.
- Drag’n'dropped MIDI files have blank names.
- A bug in the Beat Transformer resulting in a rare crash.
- Some issues with the new Mac installer.
- Incorrect CC reverse setting in map for Yamaha DTXplorer.
- Redesigned “CC HiHat Foot Splash” detection.
- Support for file formats in future ADpaks.
More information: XLN Audio / Addictive Drums
XLN Audio has released Addictive Drums 1.5 – Adrenaline, a virtual drum instrument for PC and Mac.
XLN Audio announces the release of the free Addictive Drums 1.5 Adrenaline Update featuring full E-Drums Support, Beat Transformer, GM Support, New Beats, New Presets and more.
Changes in Addictive Drums v1.5 Adrenaline
- E-Drums Support — The Addictive Drums 1.5 Adrenaline Update offers full support for your E-Drums enabling you to simply plug and play. With ready made settings for all the major E-Drum models on the market Adrenaline lets you hook up and go in a matter of minutes. All the functionality for the E-Drums Support is located in the new Map Window where you can tweak the settings to your liking. For example you can edit the velocity control, variable hihat, positional sensing, etc.
- Beat Transformer — Edit the velocity, tempo and length of the MIDI beats and grooves inside Addictive Drums with the new Beat Transformer located in the beats page. When you have made the preferred changes you simply drag and drop the beat into your host with the changes.
- GM Support — With General MIDI support you can use MIDI beats and grooves in the General MIDI format with Addictive Drums.
- 300+ New MIDI Files — The MIDI Beats and Grooves in Addictive Drums 1.5 consists of new Bread’n'Butter Beats perfect for Pop and Rock songs and new time signature beats in 5/8 and 7/8 with lots of variations, tempos and feels adding up to over 300 MIDI files.
- 30 New Presets — Addictive Drums 1.5 Adrenaline comes with 30+ new presets in the “Electronica”, “PopRock Dry”, “PopRock Medium”, “PopRock Big”, “Rock” and “Xperimental” categories adding to the 100+ presets originally in Addictive Drums for you to use in your music.
- Tomsets — Save time and use the new Tomsets functionality that allows you to load up entire sets of toms with just one click. Save your own Tomset Presets and bring them up when ever you want to use them. — Addictive Drums 1.5 Adrenaline is also available as a downloadable demo version for both PC and Mac with full E-drums support. The demo does not have a time limit and features a lightweight kit with included beats, fills and presets.
The Addictive Drums 1.5 Adrenaline Update is available now, free of charge and can be downloaded from XLN Audio’s website.
More information: XLN Audio / Addictive Drums