Related: Dangerous Bear
, Dusted William Sounds
, H.G. Fortune
, Hardcore Harmonics
, Indie Dev Collective
, Manytone Music
, Nucleus SoundLab
, Perimeter Sound
, Psychic Modulation
, Westgate Sounds
Posted in news
on May 09, 2011 - 0 comments
Indie Dev Collective has announced the IDC Spring 2011 Sale, a limited time collaborative sale featuring various synth & effect plugins and soundware products.
We’re back with our most diverse sale yet.
Featuring 14 developers, including four new IDC members, bring you some of their latest synths, effects, samples, loops, presets, and even a host – all on sale at the same time, direct to you, with prices cut up to 65% off for this limited time sales event.
IDC Spring 2011 Sale
- 26 deals on over 55 products.
- Participating developers: Dangerous Bear Underground, Dusted William Sounds, H.G. Fortune, Hardcore Harmonics | Supersynths, IMEA, Manytone, Mildon Studios, Nucleus Soundlab, Perimeter Sound Arts, Psychic Modulation, Ugo, Westgate Sounds, whiteLABEL, xoxos.
The IDC Spring 2011 Sale is available until May 23rd, 2011.
More information: Indie Dev Collective
Elder Thing by xoxos is a new synthesizer VST plug-in for Windows.
Inspiration for a waveguide model based on Lovecraft’s ululating Elder Thing came shortly after the development of Fauna VST. This more complex vocal tract includes a reflective multiport junction. It is a rather eclectic instrument.
The vocal tract includes a monophonic input for processing external sounds. The lightly limited demo is non-expiring. Would that the same could be said for human sanity.
Elder Thing VST is available to purchase for the introductory price of $20 USD, or $30 USD bundled with the Amboea VST.
More information: xoxos
xoxos has released amboea, a delay effect plug-in for Windows.
amboea is a multitap/multidelay effect designed for ambient music. it arose from this discussion where i proposed a delay with irregularly spaced echoes. spirit described an effect that had varying synced echoes for ambient music, and this is my interpretation.
- 8 stereo biquad filtered, panned integer delay lines.
- Serial or parallel configuration.
- Algorithmic crossfading before or after delay lines.
- Windowed pitch shifting.
- Randomised lfo modulation of feedback amount (optionally amp or cutoff).
amboea for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $10 USD until 1 March, 2011 (regular price $15 USD).
More information: xoxos
xoxos has released the Effects Suite 2010, a bundle of effect plug-ins for Windows.
This bundle is an assortment of standard audio VST effects.. delays, a reverb, filter.. produced for various reasons. The reverb is intended to be a cpu-economising solution for when Ambience VST is too much.. a modulation delay and multiband equaliser provide oversampling for my own applications.. a modulated filter plugin I’ve been using for years.. a filtered static delay that crossfades between stereo and ping pong settings, and a phaser just for the experience of coding a phaser..
Perhaps one or two of these effects may be appealing to most users. For the sake of enterprise I’ve bundled the lot of them at a current price of $10. Why anyone would pay for basic effects is beyond me, however should you choose to purchase the bundle, you’ll find an extra “fun surprise” effect included – the happy meal, or sugary breakfast cereal of consumable VST effects packages.
The xoxos Effects Suite 2010 bundle is available to purchase for Windows PC (VST), priced at $10 USD.
More information: xoxos
Xoxos has announced that all xoxos plug-ins that were previously sold commercially are now available as freeware.
All VST are now freeware (items linked below). Donations are still appreciated, thank you for the support from all paying customers.
Xoxos plug-ins set free
- Aerophone, models lip valve instruments with cylindrical bores such as trumpets and trombones. The lip valve is modeled with an oversampled 3rd order mass-spring to emulate expressive acoustic performance.
- Boing2, a bowed string model. Oscillation is produced with a friction calculation applied to a dispersive waveguide string with oversampling rates of up to 16x. The string loop includes a mass-spring modeled bridge. The body resonator consists of a mass-spring “air tone” model and a 5 band banded waveguide.
- Phybes, a banded waveguide suited for vibraphone and other mallet instrument emulations. The mallet impulse is modeled with a mass-spring to produce tonal variation from dynamic performance.
- Piamo, an elementarily modeled virtual piano, providing variable performance timbrality in a gentle emulation leant to abstraction.
- Pling3, an all-purpose plucked string model suitable for synthesis and emulations.
- Skunk, a four part algorithmic percussion sequencer. Probability is used to determine which of eight sequences follows the current selection. This concatenative effect is useful for cross-rhythms and other simple rhythmic automations.
- Horizon, combines lush stereo unison voicing with a phrase sequencer that stays in key when the sequence is transposed.
- Syng2, a voice synthesizer which uses four bandpass filters to produce formants in any spectrally rich signal, or using an internal oscillator. The phoneme can be selected on a second MIDI channel, or preset words can be triggered.
- Populus, generates MIDI sequences with a ‘biologically modeled behavioural’ algorithm. The measure is treated like a ‘year,’ wherein notes grow, reproduce and combat.
- Period Seq, a simple algorithmic MIDI sequencer using four counters. Period Seq is included with all licenses.
- Gun, uses mass-springs and a noise source. It is almost identical to the freeware Bomb VST, with the addition of a gently randomised multitrigger clock for “automatic fire” sounds.
- Frictioncombines a 2nd order mass-spring with a friction algorithm and two waveguide resonances. It is capable of elementary emulations of sounds produced by tangent surfaces, such as squeaky hinges and squealing tires.
- Mass-Springs, Mass VSTi and Cymbal VSTi are percussion synthesizers that use mass-spring models to produce realistic dynamic and timbral effects.
- Hyperion, a flexible algorithmic MIDI VST designed primarily for melodic parts and capable of outputting three notes on three separate MIDI channels.
- Fauna, a vocal tract model capable of emulating many animal (and human) sounds.
- Circuit, a probability based MIDI sequencer that joins short phrases together to create natural feeling rhythms.
- Series and MiniSeries, inspired by Serialist composition, Series and MiniSeries are performance sequencers which use a modulated counter to index steps.
- Virtual Machine, a commuted synthesis emulation of motors and similar mechanical sounds.
Xoxos plug-ins are available as VST instrument plug-ins for Windows PC.
More information: Xoxos
xoxos has released Aerophone, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows PC.
Aerophone models lip valve instruments with cylindrical bores such as trumpets and trombones. The lip valve is modeled with an oversampled 3rd order mass-spring to emulate expressive acoustic performance.
The elementary acoustic circuit is capable of producing impressive emulations. Please be aware that to appreciably render a human performance with this circuit requires a volume of knowledge and application.
Aerophone is available as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC for $25 USD. A demo version is available for download here (plays a random MIDI note at intervals).
Visit xoxos for more information and a demo mp3.
xoxos has released Friction and Populus as freeware.
The commercial VST Friction won a poll at kvraudio.com and is now freeware. I’ve chosen to include Populus
Friction is a physical modeling synthesizer designed to be applicable to a range of emulative tasks, and is suitable for budget foley production or experimental music.
Populus generates MIDI sequences using an algorithm modeled on biological behaviour. The measure is treated as a ‘year’ and note events are determined by parameters describing the ‘life cycle’ of each note.
Visit xoxos for more information and links to download Friction and Populus.
xoxos has released Acoustic, a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows.
Acoustic is a simple acoustic body resonator model, consisting of a first order mass-spring for modeling the Helmholtz or ‘air’ frequency, and a banded waveguide.
Acoustic is a port of the body resonator model from the Boing2 bowed string synthesizer.
Visit xoxos for more information and a link to download Acoustic.