XT Software has released a new beta version of energyXT v2.5.2, a music creation software for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
energyXT2.5 gives you everything you need to create music on your PC or laptop, whether you’re running Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux. Designed from the ground up with songwriters and musicians in mind, energyXT let’s you record, edit and mix your music with powerful, yet easy to use DAW features. Creating music on your computer has never been easier, faster and more fun.
Changes in energyXT v2.5.2 beta
- Default project option didn’t work with the VST version when creating new instance, now fixed.
- Freeze will now bypass VST instruments also when song is stopped.
- Added volume control for preview in browser.
- Importing from MIDI files will now get the MIDI channel from events if not specified on the track.
- DirectSound playback broken in last beta, now fixed.
- You can now use PNG for skinning the mixer volume knob.
energyXT for Windows, Mac and Linux is available for purchase for 59 EUR.
More information: XT Software
XT Software has released version 2.5 of energyXT, the music creation software for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Record, edit and mix your music with powerful, yet easy to use features. Designed from the ground up with songwriters and musicians in mind, creating music on your computer has never been easier, faster and more fun.
Changes in energyXT v2.5
- Welcome screen with project templates.
- New mixer view with collapsible EQ and Effect sections, graphical view of equalizer and handy “quick add” buttons for adding Insert and Send effects.
- Sequencer with “quick add” button for creating new tracks with Audio, Drums or Instruments in one click.
- MP3 import & export (requires lame executable).
- Audio processing: normalize, delete, trim, fade in/out, reverse.
- Beatslice, autoslice audio & cross fade 2 audio clips.
- Synthesizer/sampler adds new preset browser with 32 factory presets.
- Drum sampler gets new easy view with drumspads, full implementation of EQ, Insert and Send effects for individual drums.
- New audio effects: bit crusher, multi-mode filter, compressor and high quality guitar amp.
energyXT is available for purchase for 49 EUR. A demo version can be downloaded from the XT Software website.
Visit XT Software for more information.
Behringer has introduced the U-Control UMA25S, a super-slim controller keyboard with a fully fledged USB audio interface.
From the product page:
This little monster has 21 assignable controllers to give you total control. We included the DAW software energyXT2 Compact BEHRINGER Edition plus a plethora of software widgets allow you to rock straight out of the box. Fun guaranteed!
U-CONTROL UMA25S features
- Stage performer and producer keyboard featuring 25 velocity-sensitive, full-size plus half-action keys.
- Built-in USB audio interface to connect your instruments and mixer to your computer for recording and playback.
- Powerful multi-platform digital audio workstation software energyXT2 Compact BEHRINGER Edition included.
- Audacity audio editor, comprehensive podcasting software and over 100 virtual instruments plus more than 50 effect plug-ins included.
- 21 assignable controllers storable in User Presets: 8 knobs, 8 buttons (with transport-control option), 2 wheels, 1 fader and 2 pedal ports.
- Advanced control features such as drawbar mode (control inversion), drum triggering, incremental value step and octave +/-.
- Soft gig bag, high-quality headset and guitar strap for direct live jamming on stage included.
- Plug and play with Mac OS X, Windows XP and Vista operating systems; additional low-latency driver included.
- Separate MIDI output allows controlling external samplers, synths and other equipment.
- Runs via USB bus, batteries or power adapter (not included).
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life.
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany.
The UMA25S has a US MSRP of $189.99 USD.
Visit Behringer for more information.
XT Software has released EnergyXT 2.0.
The EnergyXT v2.0 VST sequencer is re-designed with a streamlined drag & drop based interface, pro features like time-strecthing, pitch-shifting and REX2 groove support.
New in v2.0
- 100% re-worked workflow
- Elastique time-stretching and pitch-shifting
- Drag & drop REX2 groove support, with slice editing
- Non-destructive audio reverse
- Shuffle/swing on midi, audio and drum tracks
- Clip based automation embedded into midi, audio and drum clips
- Warm and clean sounding phase modulation synthesizer with sample support
- Multi-fx processor
- Drum track with sample support
- Main mixer with unlimited sends, inserts and group channels
- Searchable browser with sample preview
- MIDI, audio and drum clips can be saved as self-containing library clips
- Enhanced controller maps
- Works out-of-the box on Linux
EnergyXT2.0 is available for Windows (stand-alone and VST) and Linux and costs $75 US.
Visit XT Software for more information and a link to download a demo of EnergyXT 2.0.