Wavesfactory has released W-Xylophone, a sampled wooden xylophone for Native Instruments Kontakt.
We have new product in Wavesfactory! 44 piece Yamaha Xylophone, recorded in stereo with high quality equipment for only $9.95!
- 44 piece Yamaha Xylophone recorded in stereo, played with mallets. Condenser mic placed on the high notes and another condenser mic on the low ones. Røde mics, Audient preamps and Apogee converters.
- 3 NKI files with different pan presets (Center, Stereo with High keys on the right and low and the left and inverted stereo).
- 1,300+ WAV files included (no encryption).
- 5 round robin (aka repetitions) and 3 velocities (piano, normal and hard) for each note with no pitch shifting, all keys were sampled!
- Perfect for comical music, orchestral, caribbean, etc.
W-Xylophone (requires full version of Kontakt) is available to purchase for $9.95 USD.
More information: Wavesfactory / W-Xylophone
, samples and sound libraries
, sound fx
Posted in news
on Nov 15, 2010
Necromare has released some more free sample-based VST instruments for Windows.
What can I say I love building instruments. I think it’s part of being a composer, to finally make the sounds you need and want. I keep coming up with ideas for instruments and there seems to be no end. I already have 50 plus most in the testing stages. Looks like I will be releasing them well into next year.
New Necromare plug-ins
- The Panning Piano – Simple piano that automatically pans left and right slowly as you play. Good for filing out a mix. The last octave includes some piano screeches.
- Piano Harp – Imagine if you played the piano like a harp? What would it sound like? It would sound like this VST great sound for mystical or romantic moods. Included in the last octave are Gliss samples for effect.
- Simple Acoustic Guitar – Straight Foward guitar. Good for picking or sketch work.
- Soft Mallet Xylophone – The xylophone played with a soft mallet. Velocity sensitive over 4 octaves.
- Toys – Toy Piano, a small scale piano with a tiny sound + an electronic children’s piano with baby xylophones instrument.
- VL-1 Drum – Drum sounds from the Casio VL-1 keyboard/calculator.
- Zeboo Drum Kit – Acoustic drum kit, GM Mapped. The last octaves are samples of Zeboo himself!
- Lucivier – The keyboard produces a celesta like tone while pipes produce flute like sounds at the same time. The bottom octave and the last are the sounds produced by using the three pedals on the bottom.
- Kazoo – The only instrument you need little to no experience to play. So why not try a VST. It’s a bit harsh but fun to knock around with.
- Gamelan Music – Three Gamelan instruments: Reyong, Gangsa and Calung.
- Electric Bass – Simple Electric Bass, keys are velocity sensitive to give a short note on harder strikes. The upper octaves include a classic bass slide.
- Whale Song – Made from CC whale song files. Includes a whale purr, a trumpet, gentle underwater sound fx, and more.
- Sinsonic Drums – Like many old toys from the past some have actually been used by pros. Mattel Synsonic drums have been used by kraftwerk and others. This is a knock off the original pays tribute to our toys of a bygone era.
- Basement Piano – Most homes might have one of these lurking in there corner basement. An old upright that you may have learned to play piano on or liked to beat on. Either way this pleasant piano will convey a warm nostalgic sound for your next tune.
- Southern Banjo – For some there is nothing like the sound of a picked banjo. for others they can do without. This is an attempt to faithfully recreate the sound of a great instrument.
The Necromare instruments are available as freeware VST plug-ins for Windows PC.
More information: Necromare
Modartt has released a Xylo add-on for Pianoteq, a virtual piano instrument for Windows and Mac.
Xylophone and Bass Marimba are similar to the vibraphone but are using wooden bars instead of aluminium. Each bar, that vibrates when hit with mallets, is paired with a metallic resonator which is tuned to amplify the sound.
The origin of the xylophone dates back several thousand years in Africa and South East Asia. The marimba appeared at the same time and is today the symbol of Guatemalan music. Due to its huge size, the bass marimba sounds more than two octaves below the xylophone. Very popular both, they are used in various musical styles from classical to Latin and rock.
The Pianoteq virtual copies of these two instruments are respectively modelled after a modern 3½-octave French brand xylophone and a modern 5-octave French brand bass marimba. Thanks to the sophisticated Pianoteq physical model, they come in several variants and benefit from the recently developed humanization feature which allows varying the strike point, adding to the musician’s interpretation a vivid and stunning realism.
The Xylo add-on for Pianoteq is available to purchase for 49 EUR.
Modartt has also introduced two new bundles:
- Rock Collection 89 EUR, includes Electric pianos, Clavinet, and Rock piano add-ons.
- Chromatic Percussions Collection 99 EUR, includes Vibes, Celeste, and Xylo add-ons.
More information: Pianoteq
, Julian Wolkenstein
, random posts
Posted in random posts
on Nov 09, 2007
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on November 8th, 2007:
Temperature map showing how quickly you get your incremental investment back
- Build a xylophone out of almost anything – How-tos on building xylophones from everything from pipes, bottles, wood, wrenches, even stone.
- Fran Holland’s Balloon Organ – Uses a bunch of standard plumbing fittings, tuned with sliders and balloons to produce weird, eerie, bagpipe-style music. A large inflated balloon to one side provides the steady air pressure for the drone.
- The ‘Winners’ of the Wired News Saddest-Cubicle Contest – David Gunnells, an IT guy at the University of Alabama at Birmingham has his desk penned in by heavily used filing cabinets in a windowless conference room, near a poorly ventilated bathroom and a microwave.
- Julian Wolkenstein – Lovely photography from Australia’s most branded photographer.
- Get 10% discount on Image-Line products – Use this link and get a 10% discount on FL Studio, Deckadance, Maximus, Morphine, Sytrus, Toxic 3 DirectWave, and more (someone recently use my promo code to buy an item at the Image-Line store, thanks David!, so I figured I’d plug my code once more in order to gain enough credits to actually be able to purchase something through the IL affiliate program).