Aly James Lab has released version 1.23 of FMDRIVE, a Sega Mega Drive/Genesis FM synthesizer instrument for Windows.
FMDRIVE is not simply an YM2612 emulator, it add many extended features and huge user friendly GUI! It is a fantastic synth suitable for chip music and SEGA nostalgic pleasure and also a powerful FM tool for modern music production.
Changes in FMDRIVE v1.23
- Rewritten envelope cycles system to improve YM2612 engine accuracy again.
- Improved volume tables.
- New SSG selection method.
- Adjusted PCM DAC ladder noise.
- Corrected DAC on/off register not being saved with patches.
- Solved Program change memory BUG (causing certain YM2612 registers not being updated after closing and re-opening the plug-in interface).
- Pitch bend range can now be set (1-12 semitones).
- Glide mode can be set to portamento or glide behavior.
- Corrected sync between GUI and registers.
- Envelope generator sliders reversed for a better sync with GenMDM.
FMDRIVE for Windows (VST) is available for a minimum donation of 10 EUR. The update is free to registered users.
More information: Aly James Lab / FMDRIVE
Gospel Musicians has announced version 3.1 of the Neo-Soul Keys 5X Ultimate, a virtual instrument library for UVI & MachFive, featuring 5 electric piano emulations.
Neo-Soul Keys® is our flagship product and combining our samples with the UVI Workstation makes for an amazing electric piano experience.
When combined with advanced scripting and the amazing effects of the UVI Workstation, this is our best version yet.
Changes in Neo-Soul Keys 5X Ultimate v3.1
- 24-bit sustain samples (10.5GB Total).
- Added a new preset system so you don’t have to keep loading new presets every time. Now all of the presets are stored inside of one combo EP. You can also add your own presets within the new combo preset system. Just make sure you save the entire preset when making and saving within the system.
- Includes Lite presets from the the 3X Lite version that was released previously. This version is for customers who use Mainstage and have to conserve CPU and RAM.
- Now the sustain sample’s release matches the Kontakt version.
- All LFO sync functions for effects, panning and volume are now accurate when syncing to a DAW. New algorithms have been applied.
- Lower Volume Mechanics – Sometimes the Mechanical effects can be a little loud. A preset version is available that has lower volume mechanical effects for a more subtle mechanical sound.
- Re-Calibrated the Amp Sims so that they don’t cause some patches to peak. Some amp sims have more energy than others and we calibrated the Amp sims thus not to peak.
- Added two new UK Amp Sims for a super warm and deep bass sound. This is especially useful when playing key bass.
- Created disk and arrow push-down icons for all preset menus. Previously there was no graphical indication when the effects preset’s arrow was pressed.
- Added Volume and Pan vibrato/tremolo option. The vibrato panning function clashed in a weird way when combined with the chorus, flanger, and phaser. This is because these effects use panning already and combining the two summed the output.
- The Auto-Wah now replaces the Funky Wah. As an update to the newest UVI workstation, there is now a new Wah-Wah effect that sounds great. Allows for you to use rate and depth for an Auto-Wah, or you can assign the Wah effect to a pedal controller by right clicking and learning.
- The Suitcase tines are generally bright, but a darker Suitcase tine patch has been added for diversity and a darker EP tone.
Neo-Soul Keys 5X is available to purchase for $199.99 USD.
More information: Gospel Musicians / Neo-Soul Keys 5X Ultimate
Sample Katra has launched with the release of 5 new virtual instruments for Kontakt.
Sample Katra is a new company specializing in vintage analog synth instruments for Native Instruments’ Kontakt.
The main aim is to combine the character of vintage analog instruments, with an up to date feature-set for any style of music or sound-design.
“We genuinely hope to offer something a little different and bring to you the ‘katra’ or living spirit of some of our favorite analog synths, drum machines and vintage toys.”
Sample Katra features
- 24Bit samples.
- Round robin sampling.
- Uncompromising sound quality.
- No additional processing or sweetening.
- Scripting for Kontakt by Mario Krušelj.
- Currently available:
All Sample Katra instruments are also available in a limited time bundle offer, priced at $59 USD.
More information: Sample Katra
Antisample has released Cinematic Grand, a virtual piano instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
We chromatically sampled each of the 88 notes of an expertly tuned Yamaha C2 concert grand piano at 5 velocity layers per note each with key release samples and additional sustain pedal noises for a smoothly cinematic and realistic sound while keeping the instrument CPU and RAM streamlined for real-time playability and use in large projects.
You can freely adjust the sound of the dry recorded samples with our custom 10-band Equalizer, add one of three hand selected reverbs and delay or change the listening position from player to audience – all with the click of a button in our custom interface. You can also choose from four pre-defined velocity response presets to further suit your playing and recording style. All of the effect parameters are fully automatable to give you even more flexibility to shape the sound of the piano at the DAW level or in real time using hardware controllers.
Cinematic Grand features
- Deep sampled grand piano, 765 discrete samples (16-bit/48kHz).
- 5 velocity layers per note.
- Custom KSP scripting.
- Instant playability and realistic behavior.
- Full pedal control (re-pedaling, half-pedaling).
- 10 band Equalizer.
- 3 custom Convolution Reverbs.
- 350 mb of samples (losslessly compressed from over 1GB).
Cinematic Grand is available to purhcase for the introductory price of $49 USD until September 1st, 2013 (regular $69 USD). Full retail version of Kontakt 5.2 or later required.
More information: Antisample / Cinematic Grand
Gospel Musicians has announced the release of EX5 and Dyno, two new electric pianos for Neo-Soul Keys for iPad.
Neo-Soul EX5 is an electric piano library that uses the EP synthesis technology from the Yamaha EX5 synthesizer. Gospel Musicians sampled their electric piano through the FDSP engine of the EX5 to simulate the physical modeled expression of an EP pickup. There is a new dedicated knob that will control more of the EP Pickup sound.
Neo-Soul Dyno is an emulation of the popular “Dyno-My-Piano.” Utilizing wavetable and sampling techniques Gospel Musicians designed it to achieve an extremely expressive and playable emulation of a Dyno electric piano sound.
There are other minor bug fixes and improvements as well as a new chorus algorithm that is intended to be warmer and richer than the previous version.
The EX5 and Dyno electric pianos are available to purchase from the App Store for $9.99 USD each.
More information: Gospel Musicians / Neo-Soul Keys iPad