, Binary Music
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Dec 18, 2013 - 0 comments
Binary Music has announced a 50% discount on its products until the end of 2013.
Until the end of the year, all Binary Music libraries and bundles for Kontakt, Ableton Live and Logic are on offer at 50% of the regular price.
Binary Music libraries
- ARP Odyssey.
- Crosswave (Ensoniq SQ80).
- Electrophonics (modular synth system).
- PD1000 (Casio CZ1000).
- Solina String Ensemble.
- Valve 4 Op (Yamaha TX81Z).
Prices start at $9.50 USD. The sale ends January 1st, 2014.
More information: Binary Music
KX77FREE has released version 1.1 of Kx-PolyM-CSE, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Kx-PolyM-CSE is a vintage modular polyphonic synthesizer with CV/GATE sequencer and CS70M emulation.
Changes in Kx-PolyM-CSE v1.1
- 55 KX’s presets added.
- Now the LFO envelope is reseted correctly like the original.
- No LFO synchronization with the host if the LFO envelope controls the LFO speed, only the host tempo value is used to control the LFO speed.
- Values under the BAR for the envelope synchronization with the host tempo.
- Improvement of the Scope by setting its rate to 15 hz.
- Improvement of x16 files loading when the plug-in is initialized.
- Fixed: Now after a Prg Change the plug-in plays the first MIDI note.
- Fixed: The resonance is decreased following the output of Sv filters to avoid an overflow of these filters when the Noise modulates the Cut off and the resonance level is upper than 8 (SvLp, SvHp, SvBp, SvBr).
The plug-in is a free download for Windows (VST).
More information: KX77FREE
HeadlessBuddha Samples has announced Tape DD-10, a free drum machine library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
HeadlessBuddha Samples Tape DD-10 sampled instrument for NI Kontakt.
‘What a cool old dirty drum machine!’– Me about the Yamaha DD-10 when I first saw it some years ago.
This is really a charming lo-fi low cost 8-bit drum machine released in 1988 aimed at the home market and I really love it. I’m writing in first person because I wanted to get really personal about this one. This is one of my all time favorites and it’s the sample pack I use the most when it comes to drum machines.
Tape DD-10 features
- 75 Samples (three round robins on each drum).
- 1 Kontakt instrument.
- 44.1kHz/24 bit .wav format.
- All recorded through tape.
- Bonus: 17 personal impulse responses to make your sound even more unique. One of them was even recorded through tape too.
The sample pack is a free download from the HeadlessBuddha Samples Facebook (no like required).
More information: HeadlessBuddha Samples / Tape DD-10
, patches and sound banks
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Nov 15, 2013 - 0 comments
iZotope has announced that the Iris Synths sound library is available to download at no cost.
Deep within the four gigabytes of the Iris Sound Library, there lies a treasure trove of samples from vintage and extremely rare synths.
Lovingly recorded by our friends at GForce software, these samples include the sounds of legendary favorites like the ARP 2500, EMS VCS3, the Korg PS3100, the Yamaha CS-80, and the Logan String Melody. Our Synths sound library brings these beloved synths into the spotlight, mixing and matching their harmonics to create a broad array of “hybrid” instruments that reimagine your synth possibilities.
The result? Highly musical synth patches for Iris that are ready to roll into your next song…for free!
iZotope has also announced the Iris Cookbook, a free digital book featuring different recipes designed to help you explore some of the musical possibilities Iris has to offer, from spectral selections to special effects.
Want to create that iconic Phat Bass sound? Achieve the perfect Classic Wobble?
This cookbook will help you add flavor to your Drum, Bass, Guitar tracks and even more using Iris.
Download the free Iris Cookbook and the follow-along Iris Cookbook presets.
More information: iZotope / Iris
Seaweed Factory has launched FM_SK, a free sample pack featuring sounds from the Yamaha TX81z.
The sounds in the video above are from Seaweed Factory’s latest sample pack, FM_SK.
The focus is on odd, grainy FM percussive sounds. All samples were produced using a Yamaha TX81z sound module. Each percussive sample was then processed using a modified Casio SK-1 Sampling Keyboard to give the pure FM tones more grit. Over 150 samples at a 24bit/48K sample rate are included in this sample pack. No normalization was used, nor was any tuning performed.
I’m offering it free of charge again for commercial and non-commercial use, but please don’t redistribute the pack.
More information: Seaweed Factory / FM_SK
Toontrack has launched EZkeys Electric Grand, a new virtual electric piano instrument for Windows and Mac.
The EZkeys Electric Grand features a Yamaha CP-80 recorded by SampleTekk.
Another landmark piano release is here – the Electric Grand. This EZkeys comes with a carefully sampled Yamaha CP-80 – a groundbreaking instrument that was introduced on the market in the late 1970s as a compact, electric option to the regular grand piano.
Since then, it’s become a modern classic, immortalized in chart-topping songs by a wide range of artists spanning across the genres. Even today, some 30 years after its inception and since long out of production, the analog, electric and amplified hybrid sound of the CP-80 keeps playing a key role in modern music.
With the included broad genre mixer presets, the classic, crisp sound will expand beyond the conventions and make this instrument a must in every versatile songwriter’s palette of audio tools.
EZkeys Electric Grand features
- A carefully sampled Yamaha CP-80 electric grand piano.
- Recorded at Studio 9, Sveriges Radio, Sweden through a Music Man amp and a custom-built speaker cabinet using Avalon U5, Dimension D, SELA T25, Coles 4038, Telefunken U47 and Neumann SM69 microphones.
- All sounds are designed to be mix-ready. Just pick a preset and the sound will sit right in your mix!
- Uncompromising dynamic response for great playability.
The EZkeys Electric Grand is available to purchase for $179 USD. Users of other EZkeys products can get new Electric Grand for $89 USD.
More information: Toontrack / EZkeys Electric Grand
Dark Side of the Tune has announced the release of its FM-Flux free sample library.
Original sounds were created with the Yamaha PSS-470, a Digital FM synthesizer.
To add organic modulation, and expand the stereo field, it was run through a Moogerfooger Cluster Flux flanger and chorus pedal. The results are piercing and lush: Crystalline digital precision combined with the warmth of analog modulation.
All samples are in 44.1kHz 24bit High Quality Audio and not normalized.
The sample pack is a free download from Dark Side of the Tune’s SoundCloud page.
More information: Dark Side of the Tune / FM-Flux
Aly James Lab has released version 1.23 of FMDRIVE, a Sega Mega Drive/Genesis FM synthesizer instrument for Windows.
FMDRIVE is not simply an YM2612 emulator, it add many extended features and huge user friendly GUI! It is a fantastic synth suitable for chip music and SEGA nostalgic pleasure and also a powerful FM tool for modern music production.
Changes in FMDRIVE v1.23
- Rewritten envelope cycles system to improve YM2612 engine accuracy again.
- Improved volume tables.
- New SSG selection method.
- Adjusted PCM DAC ladder noise.
- Corrected DAC on/off register not being saved with patches.
- Solved Program change memory BUG (causing certain YM2612 registers not being updated after closing and re-opening the plug-in interface).
- Pitch bend range can now be set (1-12 semitones).
- Glide mode can be set to portamento or glide behavior.
- Corrected sync between GUI and registers.
- Envelope generator sliders reversed for a better sync with GenMDM.
FMDRIVE for Windows (VST) is available for a minimum donation of 10 EUR. The update is free to registered users.
More information: Aly James Lab / FMDRIVE