Youlean has released version 2.0 of Freq-Balancer, a simple tool that will help you with mastering by balancing frequency response of your songs.
Freq-Balancer analyzes the frequency content of an audio signal and automatically applies an equalizer that evens out the frequency balance towards a curve found on many commercial tracks. When Freq-Balancer analyses audio, it measures the audios frequency content over a period of time. It splits the incoming audio signal into 7 frequency bands. Then it measures and compares the audio levels within each band. Finally it applies EQ to compensate for any uneven frequency balance.
Changes in Freq-Balancer v2.0
- Changed GUI.
- Changed display, now shows more accurate representation of internal EQ.
- Added loudness normalization engine designed to make plugin much easier to use.
- Added option to switch between different FFT resolutions that could bring better performance on lower end PCs.
- Added option to change FFT speed.
- Added performance and memory optimizations.
- Fixed silence on song start in Sound Forge Pro 11 bug.
The plug-in is available as freeware for Windows (VST).