Tramon Kaiser has released the Binaural Household + FX Library, a collection of binaural recordings of common household items and other interesting objects.
Binaural Household + FX Library features
- 1064 sounds, 1,04 GB content.
- Recorded with DIY binaural microphones (with Panasonic WM-61a capsules) and Zoom H1 at 44.1kHz/24bit.
- No dynamic processing has been applied to the sounds, just some noise reduction.
The Binaural Household + FX Library is available to purchase for 7 EUR.
More information: Binaural Household + FX Library
Related: audio interface
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Jan 15, 2011
Zoom and Samson Technologies have introduced the G3, a guitar effects and amp simulator pedal with multi-effects, and onboard looper.
The Zoom G3 combines the ease of a stompbox pedalboard with the power of a multi-effects pedal, and adds the convenience of an onboard drum machine, looper, and USB audio interface. According to Zoom, the new G3 pedal offfers complete control over both individual effects and amp modeling, allowing you to modify your tones on the fly while performing. The included drum machine and looper make the G3 an all around good option for guitarists of every level.
What’s more, the G3 features three large LCD displays and corresponding footswitches that form a graphical interface that allows you to use up to three amp models or stompbox effects in any combination at any time. The G3 provides authentic amplifier modeling and over 100 built-in DSP effects to craft and store up to 100 original tones.
About the new pedal, Mark Wilder, Director of Marketing for Samson Technologies (Zoom’s U.S. distributor), comments, “To elevate their performance, guitar players can now use on-the-fly patch changes, craft their own sounds, jam along with the drum machine and looper or utilize DAW recording applications all with one easy-to-use pedal.”
In addition to being a guitar effects and amp simulator pedal, the new G3 is a USB audio interface for DAW recording on your computer. For creating new patches, recording, and editing purposes, the pedal comes bundled with Zoom Edit & Share software, as well as the Steinberg Sequal LE digital audio workstation (DAW). The G3 can be powered by either four AA batteries for over six hours of operation, or with a USB bus or the included AC adapter.
G3 Guitar Effects and Amp Simulator Pedal features
- Stompbox pedalboard and multi-effects pedal in one.
- Over 100 built-in DSP effects.
- Store up to 100 original tones.
- Amplifier modeling.
- Onboard drum machine.
- Onboard looper.
- USB audio interface.
- Three large LCD displays and footswitches.
- Includes Zoom Edit & Share software.
- Includes Steinberg Sequal LE.
- Powered by either four AA batteries, USB bus, or the included AC adapter.
More information: Samson Technologies
Related: audio interface
, drum machine
Posted in news
on Jun 17, 2010
Zoom has announced the R24, a total music production solution.
Zoom takes its revolutionary R16 and turbocharges it with a sampler and drum machine, 8 additional recording tracks and 6 channels of phantom-power on the all-new R24. The R24 combines four production tools into one incredibly versatile device. In addition to 24-track playback and 8-track simultaneous recording using SD memory cards, the R24 is a digital multi-track recorder, an audio interface, a control surface and a pad sampler.
The R24’s new sampler function consists of 24 built-in voices that can be triggered using 8 pads and 3 bank keys to assign sounds to each track and create loops. Also, you can use the unit’s drum machine and its 400 rhythm patterns to create original backing beats, or simply output a metronome for tempo control. More than ever before, you have all the tools necessary to create studio-quality recordings anywhere.
Zoom R24 features
- Multi-track Recorder
- Over 100 studio-quality effects including guitar amp models and mastering effects.
- Records on up to 32GB SDHC cards for maximum recording time.
- 8 balanced XLR-1/4-inch combination inputs.
- Records in WAV 48kHz/44.1kHz at 16-bit or 24-bit.
- Easily viewable 4-segment LED meter bridge.
- 6-channel simultaneous 48V phantom power supply capability.
- Over 4 hours of operation using 6 AA alkaline batteries (AC adaptor included).
- Sync two R24s via USB for 16 tracks of simultaneous recording.
- Audio Interface
- High-definition 24-bit/96kHz recording capability using digital audio software.
- 8 in / 2 out (8 x 2) via USB.
- Control Surface
- Full mixing and transport controls for Cubase, Logic, Sonar and more.
- USB Control Surface uses Mackie Control emulation.
- Pad sampler with 24 voices (8 pads x 3 banks).
- Loop-based audio sequencer for music creation.
More information: Zoom / R24
Zoom has announced the H1 – Handy Recorder, a new portable audio recorder.
It’s our smallest recorder ever. But don’t let its size fool you. The H1 Handy Recorder has our renowned recording technology and studio-quality microphones in our easiest, most portable device ever.
Now Zoom recording technology is available to everyone. And with an infinite variety of applications, you’ll want to take your H1 everywhere. From musical performances, songwriting sessions and rehearsals to seminars, conferences, journalism or capturing audio for video, the H1 gives you clean, clear stereo sound effortlessly.
H1 – Handy Recorder features
- Stereo X/Y mic configuration captures perfect stereo images
- Same frequency and SPL handling as popular Zoom H2
- Records Broadcast WAV (BWF) at 96kHz/48kHz/44.1kHz at 16-bit or 24-bit
- Records MP3 from 48 to 320kbps for maximum recording time
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- Built-in reference speaker
- Includes 2GB microSD card and one AA battery
- One AA size battery allows 10 hours operation
- Accommodates up to 32GB microSDHC memory cards
- Track marker function
- Low cut filter
- Built-in tripod mount
- 1/8″ external mic input
- Stereo 1/8″ line output
- Auto record level
- Optional accessory package (APH-1) includes windscreen, AC adapter (USB type), USB cable, adjustable tripod stand, padded-shell case and mic clip adapter
The Zoom H1 will available in stores July 30th, priced at $99 USD. An H1 accessory kit — includes a windscreen, AC adapter (USB type), USB cable, adjustable tripod stand, soft carrying pouch and mic clip adapter, will be available for $24.99 USD.
More information: Zoom H1
Dan303 (Dan Weatherall) has released PACK ONE, a collection of free 303 samples.
PACK ONE is the first of what I hope to be a series of free sample packs. I started out recording these loops for use in my own music but I think other people may enjoy using them too.
PACK ONE features
- 71 loops, sampled at 32KHz using a Zoom MRS2b 4-track.
- 32 Drum Loops — “Clean” Drum loops from a Roland MC-303 (Techno 2 kit) and “Dirty” loops, run through the decimator effect on a Korg R3 to give them a Lo-Fi gritty sound.
- 39 Bass Loops — The bass loops came from a FB-383 (TB-303 clone) sequenced by a Roland MC-303 and also sampled running though the decimator for a harsh, buzzy, “dirty” sound.
PACK ONE is available as a free download.
More information: Dan303 / PACK ONE
Beat Kangz has announced the release of the Beat Thang Virtual, a virtual production system for Windows and Mac.
Renowned for the history-making sound design of Zoom’s SB-246 Streetboxx™, the Beat Kangz have established an independent music technology start up that is proud to continue the time-honored tradition of American innovation and entrepreneurship. Flexible, functional, and user-friendly, THE BEAT THANG integrates pre-loaded sounds, sampling, and waveform editing in a portable, stylish and yes, even customizable, beat machine. The Kangz have stuffed hundreds of sounds and production-ready beats, patterns and loops into THE BEAT THANG VIRTUAL.
THE BEAT THANG VIRTUAL truly moves beat making deep into the stratosphere with real bass, live strings, striking synths, Latin and African percussion, crunchy electric guitar, and startling sound effects.
Beat Thang Virtual features
- One octave pad layout with 8 banks so you can bang out beats or play the keys.
- 16 tracks so you can create patterns that can be performed and remixed on the fly.
- 16 layers of velocity sensitivity for emotive performance.
- High Quality Sampler & waveform editing. Sample your own sounds using your computer’s built in mic or line input.
- Edit sample start and end times. Process samples using features like normalize, reverse and resample.
- Easy to use Realtime Sequencer. Create patterns in real time using quantize, swing, individual bar lengths, tap tempo then string them together in SONG mode.
- Mixer with built in FX Change track, pad and pan levels.
- Add 24bit reverb, delay, flange, phaser, pitch shift, old record and many more.
- Add BANG with onboard mastering.
- Export your songs as .wav files or save them to your Beat Kangz Playa Thang equipped iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Connects seamless with Beat Thang Hardware.
Beat Thang Virtual is available for the introductory price of $149 USD.
Grab your copy of the Beat Thang Virtual today and receive a $149-OFF coupon emailed to you good towards the purchase of a Beat Thang hardware beat machine (which will ship beginning October ’09)
More information: Beat Kangz