Zynewave has released version 2.13 of Podium, a professional music production software solution for Windows PC.
Changes in Podium v2.13
- Online help for menus can be accessed by pressing Shift+F1 when the mouse is over a menu button.
- Renamed browser window to project window.
- Changed the frame of project windows to a normal frame with minimize/maximize buttons.
- All project windows now stay behind all other types of windows. This makes it possible to maximize a project window on a second monitor, and have any plugin and editor windows stay on top when clicking/editing in the project window.
- Pressing Ctrl+A will select all the text in the stickie note window edit field.
- Removed the outdated “browser project overlay image file” option from the project properties dialog.
- Updated editor screenshots in the guide.
- Fix: Using the “Peak Scale (0 dB)” RMS meter scale option would crash if RMS meters were enabled on the track headers.
- Fix: Minimizing/restoring the Podium application would not correctly restore the minimize/maximize state of each project window.
Podium is available for Windows PC for $50 USD, including one year of free software upgrades. Each additional year of upgrades costs $35 USD. A demo version is available for download.
Visit Zynewave for more information.
Zynewave has released version 2.10 of Podium, a professional music production software solution for Windows PC.
Changes in Podium v2.10
- Context help for the UI control under the mouse cursor can now be shown in a docked help panel below the inspector or list page. The help panel can be toggled with the “Docked help” option in the Help menu.
- The tempo event properties dialog now has controls for setting up a scale. There is a combobox for selecting among common scale types, a combobox for selecting the tonic, 12 note buttons for setting up a custom scale and a text field for editing the scale name. Tempo events configured with a scale will show the scale name on the tempo event lane.
- The timeline background of the piano roll editor will highlight notes for any scales defined in tempo events in the arrangement. This feature can be toggled with the “highlight scale” option in the piano roll properties dialog.
- A new “find matching scale” command is included in the piano roll edit menu and context menu, if at least two different notes are selected. The command will open a dialog showing best scale matches, with options for applying the scale to a tempo event in the arrangement.
- Added “editor mouse snap mode” setting to the Preferences dialog. Options are “grid line closest to cursor” and “start of grid unit under cursor”.
- Creating a new plugin parameter track from the inspector parameter panel or the track context menu, will also create a curve sequence on the track. The current plugin parameter value is set as the starting point in the curve sequence.
- The “delete oldest take when maximum take tracks is reached” option now splits old takes that extend beyond the recording range.
- Added “draw notes with shadow effect” option to the drum map region properties.
- Added “drum map region properties” shortcut to the drum map right-click menu.
- Added “bypass processing when detecting CPU overload” option to preferences. Disabling this option can result in smoother playback, but with a slower UI response when CPU overload occurs. The option is by default off. Previous Podium versions always bypassed processing when detecting CPU overload.
- Updated the Podium Guide PDF file included in the installer.
Podium is available for Windows PC and costs $50 USD. This includes one year of free software upgrades (each additional year of upgrades costs $35 USD).
Visit Zynewave for more information.
Zynewave has released version 2.0 of Podium, a professional music production software solution for Windows PC.
Podium offers a unique hierarchic mixing engine that integrates audio recording, VST plugins and external MIDI and audio gear.
Changes in Podium 2.0
- New file-based track template system (replaces the previous per-project template system).
- Added support for drag-scrolling in the editors when dragging the mouse outside the display area.
- Added “Merge Project” command to the Project menu. The contents of the selected merge project file is imported into the current project.
- Many other template, project and menu related improvements.
- Check the changelog for details.
Podium is available for Windows PC and costs $90 USD.
Visit Zynewave for more information and a link to download a demo version of Podium.
Zynewave has released version 1.44 of Podium.
Podium offers a unique hierarchic mixing engine that integrates audio recording, VST plugins and external MIDI and audio gear. Configuration of plugins and external hardware are encapsulated in an object based project structure, which hides the technical complexities when you want to focus on musical inspiration.
Advanced features includes 64-bit mixing, multiprocessor support, surround sound, integrated sound editor, preset librarian and spline curve automation of plugin, MIDI and mixer parameters. The number of supported devices, plugins, tracks, channels and mixer busses are practically unlimited.
New in v1.44
- Redesigned editor scrollbars and zoom buttons
- Added new ‘scrollbar’ region type to the sequence profiles. This replaces the static scrollbar that always was shown at the bottom of the editors. The zoom buttons can be configured with the scrollbar region properties dialog
- The default setup is modified to show the new scrollbar region above the mixer and transport toolbars in the arrangement and sound editors
- New ‘shadow’ fill type in the space region. Used in the default setup to outline the scrollbar region
The Podium demo has been updated to this version and can be accessed on the download page.
More information: Zynewave