TASCAM announces US-2000
TASCAM has announced the US-2000, a new 16-input audio interface condensed into only one rackspace.
Eight studio-grade microphone preamps welcome condenser microphones, and two of the mic inputs are on the front panel for easy access. An additional six balanced 1/4″ line inputs are provided, as well as four balanced line outs and stereo digital I/O. The front panel features a 100-LED meter bridge for setting input and output levels. The US-2000 connects to a computer through high-speed USB 2.0, and is priced about the same as less-capable 8-channel FireWire interfaces. Included with the TASCAM US-2000 is Cubase LE4, a 48-track workstation for Mac or Windows computers. It includes flexible hardware controls for zero-latency monitoring during recording.
- 16-in / 4-out USB 2.0 audio interface.
- 96kHz / 24-bit audio resolution.
- (8) XLR microphone inputs with phantom power.
- (6) 1/4″ balanced line inputs.
- (4) 1/4″ balanced line outputs.
- (2) 1/4″ instrument inputs (chan. 7 & 8 on front panel “combi “jacks).
- Stereo S/PDIF digital in and out.
- 100-LED meter bridge (5 segments for each input and output).
- Zero-latency direct monitoring with mono/stereo switch for each pair of inputs.
- 1/4″ balanced stereo monitor output with its own volume control.
- 1/4″ stereo high-powered headphone output.
- Mac and Windows compatible.
- Steinberg Cubase LE4 48-track recording software included.
- High-tech, attractive aluminum case design.
The US-2000 will be available from TASCAM retailers in October at a projected street price under $500 USD.