Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
TASCAM releases HD-R1 Solid State Recorder
Utilizing the highly reliable Compact Flash Card the HD-R1 records 44.1/48 KHz, 16/24 bit PCM or MP3 files. The ability to control the HD-R1 remotely is provided via RS-232, Parallel, and RJ45 100Mbit Ethernet. File transfer can be accomplished via Ethernet and/or USB (type “A” connector).
To further enhance the HD-R1′s feature set, Mic preamps (w/20dB pad) and Phantom Power (rear-panel selectable) have been included. The HD-R1 offers a variety of contractor-friendly I/O options; such as, Unbalanced (RCA), Balanced (XLR and Euroblock), and S/PDIF Digital (Coaxial and Optical).
- Applicable Recording Media: Compact Flash.
- Recording Format: WAV, MP3.
- Quantization: 16/24 bit liner, MP3.
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48 KHz.
- Mic/Line input – Connector: XLR-3-31 (1: GND, 2: HOT, 3: COLD), balanced; Euro Block Terminal, balanced.
- Line input – Connector: RCA, unbalanced.
- Line outputs – Connector: XLR-3-31 (1: GND, 2: HOT, 3: HOT), balanced; Euro Block Terminal, balanced; Connector: RCA, unbalanced.
- Coaxial input – Connector: RCA; Format: IEC60958-2 (S/PDIF); Quantization: 16/24-bit.
- Headphone output – Connector: 1/4″ Stereo Phone Jack.
- Serial Control Connector: D-Sub 9 pin; Parallel Control COnnector: D-Sub 25 pin; LAN Connector: RJ45; USB Connector: USB A-type.
The TASCAM HD-R1 retails for $1299 USD.
Visit TASCAM for more information.