TBProAudio has launched Impress, a compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Impress is a wideband stereo compressor including side-chaining, various prefilter options and state-of-the-art over sampling.
The goal of the design was to cover a broad range of compression applications in today’s mixing and mastering situations with strong focus on low aliasing. So, Impress could be used to shape subtle a snare sound, glue different tracks on instrument bus and even do complex tasks like deessing or voice over’s.
- Zero latency click-free 64-bit internal processing.
- Low-aliasing compressor design.
- “Real” oversampling, up to 8x.
- Stereo/left/right/mid/side processing.
- External side-chain.
- Multiband filter for main signal, up to 192 dB/Oct (Linkwitz-Riley design).
- Prefilter for detector signal, up to 192 dB/Oct.
- 2 Compressor modes: classic and clean (low aliasing).
- 3 Gain stage modes: modern, vintage and vintage clean (including thermal noise emulation).
- 2 Level detection modes: peak and RMS.
- Short/long attack/release times.
- Low aliasing soft knee.
- Flexible signal monitoring.
Impress for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available for purchase for 59 EUR.