Techné Media updates Pixound Jam Studio to v2.04
Techné Media has released version 2.04 of Pixound Jam Studio, a creative Mac software that translates colors and images into music.
The software allows users of all levels, to translate colors and images into music and allows the user to “play” pictures with a mouse or graphic tablet.
The Pixound Jam Studio has an endless number of uses from education, toys and games, professional musical and dance performances, and aids for the visually impaired. Inventor, Peter McClard says of his creation, “The most important use for Pixound is to have fun. Fortunately, that’s a given if you like music, like pictures and enjoy new experiences because Pixound immediately delivers on all of these.”
Changes in Pixound Jam Studio v2.04
- Six new drum patterns and three new bass patterns, which accompany the user while playing their pictures.
- New capabilities to control how the red, green and blue components of the images are turned into music. This allows the tempo, volume and octave of red, green and blue voices to be set independently.
- New features for MIDI synthesizer users to get more out of the program.
- A number of bugs were fixed, making the overall user experience less frustrating and more fun.
- Improved Groovology Desktop™ function, creating new musical mixes as the user navigates to different windows on their Mac. All performances can be recorded and imported into iTunes.
Pixound Jam Studio is available for purchase for $99 USD. A demo is available for download from the website.
More information: Pixound