Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Terry West releases Take1
Terry West has released Take1 VSTi version 1.3c, a freeware soundfont player.
Take 1 features
- Playback of sf2 Soundfont files
- Preview keyboard
- Midi receive channel selectable
- Level, pan
- Solo and mute
- Octave up/down
- Semitone up/down
- Volume boost
- ADSR controls
- Three band equalizer
- Double effect for widing the signal
- P.Pan function. (pitch as pan)
- V.Filter function. (vel. controlled filter)
- Midi automation
- Can load huge sf2 files (more than 200 mb)
Take1 was programmed in SynthEdit and CPU optimized. (Multilayer soundfonts are currently not supported)
Download the latest version of Take1 below. A standalone (Savihost) version is included.
Take1 v1.4 Downloads: 25105 times
Version 1.3c is still available here